closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: GP Laureato availability and opinions

GP Laureato availability and opinions

Hi all,

I'm interested in the 42mm Laureato with the blue dial. I wondered if anyone knows about current availability? Is there likely to be much of a wait?

If anyone has one, I'd be interested to hear about your experiences with the watch and to see some photos. I've never had a GP before - how is their customer service?

Thanks for your help.

Sent from my LE2113 using Tapatalk

Had a couple of GP's in the past - just do not buy new, the backside falls out of them on the secondhand market.
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

Quote Originally Posted by TH14TH14 View Post
    Hi all,

I'm interested in the 42mm Laureato with the blue dial. I wondered if anyone knows about current availability? Is there likely to be much of a wait?

If anyone has one, I'd be interested to hear about your experiences with the watch and to see some photos. I've never had a GP before - how is their customer service?

Thanks for your help.

Sent from my LE2113 using Tapatalk
    Waiting List item currently selling above RRP at grey dealers

The backside used to fall out of them but the Laureato is an instagram darling so now fetching strong money with some models going for over RRP.

Sold my 42mm ceramic on SC not that long back and now going for at least double.

The blue dial is hardest to get hence the waiting list.

Journeyman
    The Blue dial GPL was on my list over a couple of years ago when in hind-sight it was very cheap. (Reprioritising to a different blue-dial grail now)

It was poo-pooed as an APRO ripoff but I have never regarded it as such. It is a good watch in its own right. The 42mm does have a better mech than the 38mm (the 38mm looks better for me but is proportionally more expensive)

However, as the blue PP5711 and APRO worshipers saw their grail become total unobtainium, attraction moved to the GPL and prices increased accordingly.

What I dont understand - and this applies more to GP/UN rather than AP, is why they are not pumping these out of the factory and meeting demand. Even if only a short spurt...GP have never previously sold these in bulk...so why not try now and shine in the brief sun?

Thanks all, helpful info. Does anyone have any experience of GP's after sales service in the UK?

Black dial available at WOS Knightsbridge and Manchester. Same with white dial

Journeyman
    Thanks all, helpful info. Does anyone have any experience of GP's after sales service in the UK?
    Cant give an answer directly on GP. However, I would assume like house-partner Ulysee Nardin, you can register for a 5-year extended warranty.

I had a time-keeping issue on a UN Classico Dualtime after 4.5years of use. Sent it back under warranty. Swisstec handle this but they do not work on them. They send it on home to the land of Emmenthal Cheese.

Process took 4-5months IRRC (post CV19 operations), bag full of old parts and a pristine uber-accurate UN returned without issue or comment.

So i would assume it will be issue free from the House but somewhat lengthy affair if you needed this service.

Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    the Laureato is an instagram darling .
    Enough of a reason to avoid in my book!!
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

My GP Laureato had an issue with a chipped bracelet link, the after sales service was excellent. UK based, good communication and turnaround times.