closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: 2023 TZ-UK Fantasy Formula 1

2023 TZ-UK Fantasy Formula 1

It's the 10th anniversary of the original competition!

After resuscitating that old thread, the 2023 league has been inundated with an entry (thank you, petethegeek) bringing the total to 9 cars entered so far.

It would be nice to start the season with a full grid if possible.

Don't leave it to the last minute, as the server becomes more overloaded than Yuki Tsunoda's swear box closer to first practice. Which is in just 15 days.

Here's the scoop on how to play and join. It is only slightly less complex than an FIA rule clarification, but like the $200 million entry fee in the real thing, this keeps out the riff raff.

The 2023 challenge

Go to http://www.purefantasyf1.net/En/

- Either login or create an account

- Make at least one team. You can make more if you like, with different car and driver choices

- Then add it or them to the Public League “GPGuide-2023

The 2023 TZ-UK League

Password: dreadnought

You will find it under the "Individual Private Leagues" drop down.

That’s basically it. But for those new to this who may not know what the fantasy F1 thing is, a quick recap:

You have a limited budget to pick car, engine, manager, tyres and drivers. Then you watch each week as they crash out disappointingly. In the unlikely event that your Latvian ace driving a Lada Speedymatic scores some actual points, you get more money for the next race. But he probably won’t, and you will lose interest almost immediately.

Team Manager Costs:

Driver Costs (perhaps LH is not happy with his pricing relative to GR?):

Car Costs:

Engine Costs:

You only have 80M to play with initially (until/unless you win more during the season) so you have to be brutal with your selections. You can change selections with no penalty prior to the season opening, after that you have limited options. And engines wear out too, and lose performance. So take a look after each race and adjust if necessary.

Remember to guess the fastest race time for each race, too.

Ladies and Gentlemen, start your engines!
    Last edited by Tokyo Tokei; 27th February 2023 at 23:52.

I’m glad you’ve brought this back.

I’ll register tomorrow lunchtime

Master
    I will look to register too!

Thanks gents, I can see some more contenders have lined up. We now have 11 cars from 7 teams in 4 different countries

Now others may be pondering, should I join too to enliven my weekends, experience the highs, the inevitable lows, and demonstrate my legendary managerial skills?

Or is that muppet going to bump this thread each weekend like a man trying to resuscitate a lame horse?

Twelve days remain prior to first practice.

You know you want to.

Be a part of history.

Until you get bored.

Cool

A disastrous attempt to steer traffic here which turned out to be as welcome as a Nikita Mazepin advanced driving DVD notwithstanding, we now have a good grid!

At time of posting 20 cars are lined up, with managers representing 8 different countries

Team changes are unlimited until the pit lane closes, in just 6 days time. As ever, don’t leave it until the last moment to edit (or enter) a team, as the server gets busy towards the cutoff.

Best of luck to everyone, and what more is there to add other than…

Made a team but I can't find the “GPGuide-2023” league. Where the hell am I going wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by Lampoc View Post
    Made a team but I can't find the “GPGuide-2023” league.
    I've just created a new team as a check, and like you am unable to see the "GPGuide-2023" league when I try to enrol it.

If you go to the MY LEAGUES tab, the second entry in the FIRST STEPS would suggest that there is a limitation of twenty teams. I'm sure our league owner will be able to clarify the situation when he returns from testing his prospective new purchases.

Seems we may have reached a car limit on the league... stewards are huddling and looking into options. One was heard to remark, "You only need to let them go, and then we’ve got a motor race on our hands"

The drama has started before the first lap of practice. Hold on for further updates...

edit... this just in from the Fantasy FIA:

Public and private leagues will be converted into race series when 20 members have joined in. It won't be possible to leave or join a race series anymore.
    So it seems that this year, once 20 cars are on the grid that's it. At least for public leagues.

Options are the following:

- Those that wish to join, add your team to the newly-created GPGuide League II 2023 League, which should now be visible.

- I could set up a private league (where there is no limit to the grid size) but there is no way to move your existing teams to this league. You'd have to set them up again, or enter new ones.

We have a bit of time before kick off, so if those who have entered already agree, I'll create a new private league.

It's an effort for everyone to recreate their teams or add new ones, so I understand if it's too much trouble.

Comment here please.
    Last edited by Tokyo Tokei; 26th February 2023 at 14:16.

Quote Originally Posted by Tokyo Tokei View Post
    Options are the following:
    Comment here please.
    Personally, I'm happy either way. Re-entering the teams isn't much more effort than updating post testing/qualifying/race anyway. (I can't immediately see an obvious way to delete the original teams/leagues though.)

Doesn't take much to note down what options I've picked to transfer to the other private league if that's the way we're going.

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Right then...

The 2023 TZ-UK League is now open!

Password: dreadnought

I can't find a way to move teams, so I just created a new one and added it to this league. You will find it under the "Individual Private Leagues" drop down. There is a limit of two cars per team owner, but no other restrictions that I can see.

The GP-Guide leagues remain, no changes, so this is an optional league. Apologies for the shenanigans.

Apologies for the shenanigans.
    No apology necessary. Your prompt attention is appreciated and I'm sure that Chase already has some ideas on where you could best be placed in his own organisation - official timekeeper[1], perhaps?

[1] aka Custodian of the Rolex

A good amount of teams now entered in the 2023 TZ-UK league, thank you! Took less time than I thought. I spent longer on this morning's Wordle. Which will be forgotten instantly. Whereas Team Speedmaster's inevitable Fantasy F1 triumphs will be forever remembered.

Wordle. Who needs green and yellow squares? Give me the black and white chequered flag! I sense victory, I taste success, I smell the glory, and I feel the touch of history

Back on planet earth for a moment, for anyone new wishing to join, go ahead and add your team (or teams) to this 2023 TZ-UK league. Still a few days left to enliven your weekends, and make up for your terrible Wordle disappointments. I have edited the initial post with the correct details.

For those already revving up in the GP Guide league, we're right alongside you. Not least, because it seems impossible to leave.

Final Call!

Pit lane closes in one day. If you'd like to enter and potentially star in the 2023 TZ-UK Virtual Drive to Survive, time to get a move on. You could get a bit of intel from the first practice in 6 hours time, and then set up a team if you want to really try. But be careful leaving it too late, as the website tends to get almost as busy as Time Factors at 2pm on a Sunday.

We have the original league, now full, and the overspill league which has plenty of spare places left on the grid. Joining instructions in the first post.

Full rules are here, summarised thus:

• A Fantasy Racing team consists of 1 Team principal, 3 Drivers, 1 Chassis, 1 Engine and 1 Set of tyres
    • The race calendar consists of 23 races
    • The strategy is finding the best possible team for each race to score as many points as possible (obviously!)
    • Official scoring system for drivers or cars placing 1st to 10th: 25-18-15-12-10-8-6-4-2-1
    • The budget per team is 80M at the beginning of the season, after each race every team gets up to 2M extra money
    • The costs of team principal, driver, chassis, engine and tyres vary after each real race

The grid positions for the first race will be decided after qualifying. If you want to participate, or add another team (you can enter up to two), time is running out

Final bump before season begins

12 hours left to enter or edit your teams.

Friday practice has thrown up some interesting results https://www.bbc.com/sport/live/formula1/63203606

Race 1 - Bahrain

Top Ten in the GP-Guide League:

Speedmaster One
    Scarface_2
    Scarface_1
    H UK Racing
    TWR-Orange Arrows
    Speedmaster Two
    Viper Constructor
    Arpy Aston Racing 2
    Arpy Aston Racing 4
    Crash Bandicot

And in the gentlemanly TZ-UK League:

1. Speedmaster TZ2
    2. Mazda Le Mans
    3. Speedmaster TZ1
    4. Boomingfast 1
    5. Mazda Miyako
    6. McLampoc 8ACE Racing
    7. Burntout subseastu
    8. Burntout 2 subseastu

Speedmaster just holding off a brace of Scarface challengers and petethegeek's Mazda so far. Crash Bandicot (sic) rounded out the point scorers in the race series, allowing me to note that team owner Sebastian is named after the Tango-sceptical exchange student.

All team component prices will be adjusted following the performance in this first race, so you may have more (or less…) budget for the next race.

Speedmaster just holding off a brace of Scarface challengers ...
    Certainly looks as though Scarface and yourself are providing Fernando with his inspiration to prove PJ O'Rourke's assertion that Age and Guile Beat Youth, Innocence, and a Bad Haircut. Time will tell though if all three of you can still find the stamina for the looong season ahead.

PS I seem to recall there used to be a Kiki - or something similar - who dominated the local league on previous occasions. Are they still around?

Quote Originally Posted by petethegeek View Post
    Age and Guile Beat Youth, Innocence, and a Bad Haircut
    I have the first and the last but feel the other attributes are beyond me.

The excellent contender you are thinking of was perhaps Keke of Finland?

The excellent contender you are thinking of was perhaps Keke of Finland?
    Yes, that would be them. Unfortunately Age and a Failing Memory is all I have to offer these days.

Cool

One day left to edit your teams (if you wish) prior to the next race in Jeddah. The season is young, all to play for

Starting grids after a qualifying that may have proved costly for those with the most expensive driver…

Best of luck with the race, which could be a cracker

Timekeeper alert: Not much more than 24 hours left to make any last minute adjustments before the lights go out in Australia.

After a decent opening race, Speedmaster is now going backwards, while a certain petethegeek calmly places his pilot on pole in Melbourne.

I can only apologise for letting the team down, not even my custom livery helped.

...while a certain petethegeek calmly places his pilot on pole in Melbourne.
    I really wasn't expecting Angela to have made quite so much impact on the team this soon after agreeing to my proposition. As any of the drivers will tell you though, it's on race day where you score the points not qualifying.

I've been wondering how long it would take before someone availed themselves of that facility. I presume you managed to cut a decent sponsorship deal with Eddie - membership of the private whatsapp group which connects to his online store ten minutes early perhaps?

The TZ livery helped about as much as a giant Uralkali team blimp.

After what seems like a very long break between races, TT's Speedmaster carefully tweaked his lineup and succeeded in crashing down the qualifying order. Nemesis, I mean, erstwhile competitor petethegeek steals pole position and adds to the pain with a second-row third place too, alongside subseastu in fourth. Jimh is looking very dangerous in second, while the colourful entry from Lampoc and splendid six-wheel Tyrrell P34 of subseastu make up the back of the grid.

Meanwhile back in the GPGuide league, rkhalili gains a front-row lockout, an ominous signal from the team manager who finished in the top 25 (globally) in 2022

Petethegeek (grrr...wait what, that's me making engine sounds), subseastu and Jimh keep the TZ-UK flag flying, while speedmaster appears to be playing the famous "it's setup for the race, not qualifying" card, way back in the grid's cheap seats.

Best of luck to everyone in the race.