closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Tudor diver & the cyclops?

Master

Tudor diver & the cyclops?

I used to hate the cyclops on Rolex sport models, on the couple date models I used to have.

In fact, I opted for the ND Sub twice.

I have not owned a Rolex for a long time. Since I have grown up, I am struggling to ready the date on my watches without my newly made reading glasses. Ahh...the pleasures of growing old. I also prefer my watches to have a date, as I use it quite a lot.

Is it only me, or would a date model of the Tudor Pelagos 39 look really nice with a cyclops :)? Never thought I'd say that, but I really think it would.

With Tudor, you'd not be wearing a 'fake' Rolex from a distance, since they used to have it for a long time. In your opinion, would Rolex ever allow the use of a cyclops on a Tudor diver again you think?

Master
    Who knows but I highly doubt it since Tudor went to great lengths a while back to distance themselves from Rolex with their designs.

Master
    If the Pelagos has a flat crystal you could install a Cyclops yourself!

Quote Originally Posted by Nealywheelie View Post
    If the Pelagos has a flat crystal you could install a Cyclops yourself!
    That's what I was thinking.

https://www.esslinger.com/watch-crys...te-magnifiers/
    In the Sotadic Zone, apparently.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by gmt 16750 View Post
    Who knows but I highly doubt it since Tudor went to great lengths a while back to distance themselves from Rolex with their designs.
    You really think that benefits Tudor? I don't know, but if it were Tudor's CEO I'd stick to the original Sub/oyster design as much as I can.

Perhaps Rolex made them distance themselves? To keep their exclusivity.

Don't know, just saying.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlton-Browne View Post
    Don't think it's the same though.

The date font has to be the right size for x2.5 magnifier to work well, also it would have to be fairly inside of the chapter ring and with nothing aound it. Eg. I would not think it would work on a Pelagos 42. Not that I'd do it still.

Personally, I see the cyclops as part of the Submariner DNA, I would not like to see it on the newer Tudor range.
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

Master
    Bu the Tudor was a Submariner!

Don't get me wrong, I like the Pelagos, but would be a dream to see Tudor remake the Submariner. Preferably with hollow end links bracelet, ETA 2824 & lug holes :)...

Lol. A man can dream!

Quote Originally Posted by buddy13 View Post
    You really think that benefits Tudor? I don't know, but if it were Tudor's CEO I'd stick to the original Sub/oyster design as much as I can.

Don't know, just saying.
    I expect you're right.

I'd imagine if Tudor could make a submariner now they would. I bet they'd sell like hot cakes.
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by andy tims View Post
    I expect you're right.

I'd imagine if Tudor could make a submariner now they would. I bet they'd sell like hot cakes.
    I bet they would!

Bu the Tudor was a Submariner!

Don't get me wrong, I like the Pelagos, but would be a dream to see Tudor remake the Submariner. Preferably with hollow end links bracelet, ETA 2824 & lug holes :)...

Lol. A man can dream!
    Tudor never made the Sub cases. Rolex was making the cases. All the oyster cases were made by Rolex. As you may have noticed, none of current Tudor cases are called "oyster".
    THIN is the new BLACK

Master

Don't know, just saying.
    Submariner? Exclusive? Lol. The bumfluff-faced young lad who took my coffee order at lunchtime was wearing one :P

Tudor are a far better brand for moving away from Rolex. The BB range is pitched really well to maximise the heritage while also maximising the Tudor brand feel. Serious effort being made by Tudor right now in every department, a classic era for the brand.

I have a Black Bay Bronze slate dial on the way, looking forward to it. No date - in fact other than got to be over 41mm, 'No Date' is my only absolute rule these days. Wherever you put it, date pretty much ALWAYS spoils a dial design at least to some extent, doubly so for a cyclops. Mind you with the current fad for teeny case sizes, I guess date will get more and more problematic.