closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Omega 2254.50 Bracelet - Help needed

Craftsman

Omega 2254.50 Bracelet - Help needed

Hey fine forum,

Need some help - the bracelet (just before the lug) has had a pin come loose. I expected a screw to have worn loose but is has no thread on on - rather a two piece mechanism. I am a little puzzled how to get this repaired, and obviously dont want to go near Omega dealers

Live Marlow/Reading area - anyone got any recommendations or pointers ?

Thanks all in advance for your help

I think the 2254.50 is a pin and collar? ie although the end might appear like a slotted screw whilst in the bracelet, it's a split pin. Should be able to buy one without going to Omega. You'd also need a pin tool.

Or you could just take that to any independent.

If the pin has come loose there's a good chance that the hole in which it fits has become damaged (made larger) by wear & tear.

First thing to do is check that all other pins are secure.
    ______

​Jim.

Grand Master
    The end piece is secured using a pin and tube. Over time the tube can corrode and wear away as it pivots inside the link. The pin and tube are an odd size and are Omega- specific, which means they’re not easy to obtain, but a repair can be made using slightly oversize generic pins and tubes which need cutting to fit. As the holes in the bracelet will almost certainly be elongated the generic oversize pins do a good job of providing a snug fit, arguably a better option than using hard to find genuine Omega parts. This last statement might surprise those who worship ‘originality’, but when parts are worn it makes more sense to find a practical solution.

If the end piece pins are in poor shape I’m guessing the rest of the bracelet isn’t too good. The real killer for these is wear in the fixed link pins, when it gets to that state its time to spend £500+ on a new replacement!

Craftsman
    Thanks all

Will check all the pins - the bracelet does have stretch - and then make a decision. Would really like to avoid £500 bill mind !

Let me also see a repair guy near me - suggestions most welcome

And again, thanks all

Quote Originally Posted by bigfish View Post
    ...Will check all the pins - the bracelet does have stretch - and then make a decision. Would really like to avoid £500 bill mind !...
    I wrote from experience.

My wife's Lady Seamaster bracelet suffered from a pin coming out & I checked out the rest. She wore the bracelet tight & every pin was moveable using a cocktail stick & minimal force. The watch was seventeen years old & worn almost every day since bought new.

In 2020, the cost for a new 14mm, 6610/933 bracelet via an AD was £570. They did include complimentary spring bars, though!
    ______

​Jim.