closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: GO Sixties Chronograph & Sixties watch

Craftsman

GO Sixties Chronograph & Sixties watch

Has anyone any experience in owning, handling either of the above, 42mm/39mm respectively, if so would love to hear your experiences - thanks in advance

Last edited by LRB255; 26th September 2022 at 12:06.

I’m not getting the pics - square or round?

I briefly had a 42mm Sixties. It was lovely, really nice quality. I regret that I no longer have it!

Craftsman
    Looks great I would like to see one in the metal

Yes, I currently own the ice blue 3 hander (second photo in OP photo)

These are annual editions from 2020 and whilst not made anymore are still be available.

I went with the simple 3 hander because I preferred its size and slimness compared to the chronograph. The build quality is top drawer as you would expect from a GO. The exhibition case back shows off the lovely movement with its 21k Go,d rotor. Surprisingly it doesn’t used blued screws!

The dial is amazing and can look dark grey to a popping ice blue depending on the lighting but the way the dial is domed with the indices cut into it looks fabulous. The minute and second hands are also bent to follow the curve of the dial.

This is overall a beautiful and excellent watch that can be worn casually or dressed up as required. I think you can tell that I really like it!

Craftsman
    Thanks guys. I was lucky enough to finish work early today and take a trip to Watches of Switzerland this afternoon. I called enquiring about both watches which they said they had in their Oxford Street, so like a rat up a drain pipe off I went on the tube

I’m not really into chronographs but when she brought the 2 pieces out I was taken aback with them both. Really liked the dial colour, very comfortable and surprisingly thought the strap complimented both watches very well. 39mm and 42mm sat lovely on the wrist

The assistant asked if I would like to see the watches without the protective plastic on, once removed I was smitten further more. As paw3001 said the dial really is amazing and I liked how the dial curved towards the outer edge with the hands bent to follow the curve. I think it gave it another dimension, to my eyes

To summarise I would be happy with either but think I would plump for the 39mm with its gorgeous and simplistic dial

Different style but I need to see the 40mm IWC XX pilot on strap first which I quite fancy the look of in pictures before possibly committing to the GO Sixties

PS does anyone know if discounts are available on the GO brand of watch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would say that’s the right decision looking at the photos. The smaller 3 hander looks to suit you better. Then again I am biased!

In terms of discounts, it is a 2 year old watch as these were made in 2020 with maybe some slippage into early 2021 so I would go from that position.

It will all depend on the store but then there are not many GO ADs around so less competition.

If you can get it via a grey dealer that would give you your biggest chance of discount or check our Chrono 24.

Craftsman
    paw3001

Do you know if they have additional straps you are able to purchase or do you go aftermarket, tried google to no avail, couldn't find a grey dealer but found an AD who will offer 10% discount and 3 week delivery, hmm very tempting

ps, is it screw down or push/pull crown
    Last edited by LRB255; 9th October 2022 at 20:49.

GO Sixties Chronograph & Sixties watch

Go third party for straps and just swap out the pin buckles

It isn’t worth the money for the OEM straps which would just the ones available on the other Sixites models, so blue black etc.

Crown is push. It is a dress watch really with 30m water resistance. I certainly would not swim with it but washing hands etc should be. Basically, I would say it’s splashproof!
    Last edited by paw3001; 10th October 2022 at 16:33.