closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Baltic x A collected man MR01

Journeyman

Baltic x A collected man MR01

Did anyone manage to get the A collected man MR01 LE today?
    Love the brushing on the bezel and nice blue dial too.
    2nd baltic in as many months where its been out of stock as payment processing!!!

Master
    I saw it early, but this is a big miss for me. Surprising as a collected man is a classy business, but I just don’t think it’s a nice design

+1
    Basically it’s a knock off budget Chronometre Bleu, hardly suprsing though given they chug on the Journe boaby.

Journeyman
    I managed to buy one. Not impressed with the regular mr-01 so I’m hoping this new dial sways me.

The grey is from other world, astonishing!

Sent from my iPad using TZ-UK mobile app

Apprentice
    Loved the look, prepped by logging in on the site, got it in my basket within seconds, checked out, then got three 'payment gateway failed' errors with different cards before getting an 'item in your cart is sold out' message at 3 minutes past the hour. Oh well. I should know better.

I managed to get one, logged on as the clock struck 2pm and quickly used PayPal. Just received an email notifying me that it’s been dispatched so looking forward to it arriving.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Blog Entries
    Great looking watch

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by ac11111 View Post
    I saw it early, but this is a big miss for me. Surprising as a collected man is a classy business, but I just don’t think it’s a nice design
    I don't know that it would work in the flesh but dauphine hands, brushed bezel and blue sector style dial are three big ticks for me on a watch I already like the look of (MR01)

Quote Originally Posted by eciton View Post
    Loved the look, prepped by logging in on the site, got it in my basket within seconds, checked out, then got three 'payment gateway failed' errors with different cards before getting an 'item in your cart is sold out' message at 3 minutes past the hour. Oh well. I should know better.
    Had the same thing, at least didn't get the false hope with the chrono LE as it didn't let me get near payment details! I think phone with card details saved is the way most people got them - I wasn't aware ACM took paypal?

Master

Quote Originally Posted by oconnorp View Post
    I don't know that it would work in the flesh but dauphine hands, brushed bezel and blue sector style dial are three big ticks for me on a watch I already like the look of (MR01)
    Need a pic this thread below, it’s decent …

But I still prefer the original

Just received my MR01 Blue but it is going straight back.

Apart from having a few scratches on the crystal on arrival, the whole package is super cheap feeling and yes I know it is a ‘cheap’ watch. The build quality is very poor. It rattles! The case feels like tin and whilst the movement has been made pretty you can tell it isn’t that great.

The case is of a very low standard and with the thick bezel the dial is even smaller than the 36mm would have you believe. It wears small, I would say it feels and looks more like a 34mm. I have the Kurono Toki which is the same size but this wears larger due to the thin bezel and looks better. I also know it cost more but it’s quality multiples higher than the increase cost would justify.

It is incredible but if you compare this to say a Steinhart or Chris Ward it is so far below their build quality whilst the price difference isn’t all that great.

This is watch is trading on its pretty face and PR rather than any actual quality. I am amazed the watch press have been so enthusiastic for it even at around £650

Certainly for me it is a case of don’t meet your heroes!

Now to try and get back my VAT!
    Last edited by paw3001; 27th September 2022 at 19:25.

Journeyman
    Yeah the regular edition I didn’t find too impressive. I’m just hoping the new version I gel with more (and the lower price tag didn’t hurt)