closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Dead Internet Theory

Master

Dead Internet Theory

Seems to be gaining traction... theory is that 90+% of Internet traffic is bots/AI, most data links are dead and that Google lies about volumes of search results.

I tested the last point. My daughter and I googled the word 'monkeypox' and Google said it had 960,000,000 results. HOWEVER, when we scrolled to the last page of results AND ticked 'show me duplicate results', the last page was actually no. 44!

End total results 438 or so results!!

Am missing something, or is it all really just smoke'n'mirrors??

Sent from my SM-S908B using Tapatalk

Have you tried to Google it ?

Sorry
    'Against stupidity, the gods themselves struggle in vain' - Schiller.

Not sure it’s 90% but I don’t think you are wrong entirely. Traffic is hugely inflated by bots and companies like Google and website owners on the whole are happy to keep the numbers where they are. Imagine you are a web analyst and you find out half your traffic is bots and that your real numbers are half. Explaining that to the board and shareholders will sure be interesting and unless all your competitors are going to do the same at the same time, it will never happen.

Only reason I am saying the above, is that I used to be heavily involved in web analytics and I know this to be true.