closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches



TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 200 of 409

Thread: Parcel force delivered Item missing / stolen `

  1. #151
    Quote Originally Posted by thegoat View Post
    How do you know if you stopped reading 4 words in ?
    That’s the point you pick up on?

    Think we’ve found one the the people who sent a PM.

  2. #152
    Grand Master Onelasttime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Everywhere, yet nowhere...
    Posts
    11,587
    Quote Originally Posted by Aramis9 View Post
    Life is too short. Thanks for the pointer though.


    Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app
    Whoosh…

  3. #153
    Master thegoat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    2,986
    Quote Originally Posted by Crammage View Post
    That’s the point you pick up on?

    Think we’ve found one the the people who sent a PM.
    And just who is this mythical ‘we’ , Inspector ?
    No PM from me btw, I’m just not interested in the communal pile on which happens from time to time .

  4. #154
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    York England
    Posts
    244
    Quote Originally Posted by Onelasttime View Post
    Whoosh…
    It didn’t go over my head.


    Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

  5. #155
    Quote Originally Posted by thegoat View Post
    And just who is this mythical ‘we’ , Inspector ?
    No PM from me btw, I’m just not interested in the communal pile on which happens from time to time .
    What’s the point you’re making here? People can’t express an alternative opinion which others also agree with for fear of being communal, and classed as a pile on?

  6. #156
    Master thegoat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    2,986
    Quote Originally Posted by Crammage View Post
    What’s the point you’re making here? People can’t express an alternative opinion which others also agree with for fear of being communal, and classed as a pile on?
    No , my point was that you said you’d read four words and formed an opinion .
    Then you went off on some assumptions about me sending a PM .
    You work it out .

  7. #157
    Quote Originally Posted by thegoat View Post
    No , my point was that you said you’d read four words and formed an opinion .
    Then you went off on some assumptions about me sending a PM .
    You work it out .
    It’s the internet. I’d really suggest not taking everything literally.

  8. #158
    Master reggie747's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    The Mersey Riviera
    Posts
    6,213
    Quote Originally Posted by thegoat View Post
    And just who is this mythical ‘we’ , Inspector ?
    No PM from me btw, I’m just not interested in the communal pile on which happens from time to time .
    Not unless it's got Man City in it, obviously.....😎

  9. #159
    Grand Master Onelasttime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Everywhere, yet nowhere...
    Posts
    11,587
    Quote Originally Posted by Aramis9 View Post
    It didn’t go over my head.


    Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app
    Are you sure?

  10. #160
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    York England
    Posts
    244
    Quote Originally Posted by Onelasttime View Post
    Are you sure?
    Of course I’m sure. Go troll and try to aggravate someone else.


    Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

  11. #161
    Grand Master Onelasttime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Everywhere, yet nowhere...
    Posts
    11,587
    Quote Originally Posted by Aramis9 View Post
    Of course I’m sure. Go troll and try to aggravate someone else.


    Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app
    I think you’re lovely

  12. #162
    A gutting story

  13. #163
    The bottom line.... Did/will the buyer get a full refund? I obviously haven't read the whole debacle.

  14. #164
    Grand Master Raffe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Lëtzebuerg
    Posts
    34,397
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Hood View Post
    And had to ask the forum for advice on getting the Range Rover up to Edinburgh don’t forget
    Clown.
    You forgot about the time when he asked the forum for advice on taking a baby into BA first class?
    Someone who lies about the little things will lie about the big things too.

  15. #165
    Master blackal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Scottish Borders
    Posts
    6,435
    Quote Originally Posted by manganr View Post
    The bottom line.... Did/will the buyer get a full refund? I obviously haven't read the whole debacle.
    Pretty sure the seller has stated that he is going to reimburse the buyer fully - just having difficulty meeting the forum sh1tstirrers’ demands that it is paid immediately by instant bank transfer to satisfy themselves.

  16. #166
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    May 2021
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    129
    Quote Originally Posted by blackal View Post
    Pretty sure the seller has stated that he is going to reimburse the buyer fully - just having difficulty meeting the forum sh1tstirrers’ demands that it is paid immediately by instant bank transfer to satisfy themselves.
    Indeed. Quite a few on this thread have shown themselves to be 'unpleasant' to put it mildly.
    Last edited by K-Z1R; 19th September 2022 at 19:36.

  17. #167
    I feel for the seller , it could happen to any of us

  18. #168
    I feel for the seller but man, are there a few lessons to be learnt. Do not wrap a parcel in wall paper, do not spend the money straight away, (although there is some evidence the seller is not a pauper) and definitely get insurance.
    Last edited by sprite1275; 19th September 2022 at 20:37.

  19. #169
    Master
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Suffolk
    Posts
    3,454
    !!!Porper!!!

  20. #170
    Sorry, pauper

  21. #171
    Morning all. An update to this
    On Sunday Jon (juice ) and I agreed that I’m happy to wait a few days for my £800
    As he said he has spent my £800 on a present for his daughter
    As of today I’m still £800 out of pocket
    I’ve pm`d juice a few times and text and what’s app him. But zero reply.
    I just want my money back and a reply from Jon to let me know what’s happening
    Cheers andy
    Last edited by lenlec; 22nd September 2022 at 10:04.

  22. #172
    Grand Master number2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    North and South.
    Posts
    27,449
    Quote Originally Posted by lenlec View Post
    Morning all. An update to this
    On Sunday Jon (juice ) and I agreed that I’m happy to wait a few days for my £800
    As he said he has spent my £800 on a present for his daughter
    As of today I’m still £800 out of pocket
    I’ve pm`d juice a few times and text and what’s app him. But zero reply.
    I just want my money back
    Cheers andy
    Oh dear, not a good sign, his original advert said... "Just seems a waste to leave it as decoration, so intend to put the funds towards a Pam 1514".
    Then he says he bought a phone for his daughter, he was last on the forum a few days ago.
    Last edited by number2; 22nd September 2022 at 10:01.
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

    'Populism, the last refuge of a Tory'.

  23. #173
    Master Wazza's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Inverness
    Posts
    1,615
    Quote Originally Posted by Juice View Post

    A little about me: I spent the first half of my career with Admiral working in Fraud, and the second severely underpaid by the Government in vehicle fraud. I retied Sep 2021.

    I have seen everything you can imagine, every deception, bright idea, loophole and outright theft. This is in the first instance ....
    The irony.

    Are you going to pay Andy back his money or are you going to continue to ignore his messages and run away like a coward?

    Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

  24. #174
    Master blackal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Scottish Borders
    Posts
    6,435
    I bought a macbook air for £500 from someone on a bike forum.

    It was sent to me while I was away from home, and there was no sign of it with neighbours or the local PO depot. Unfortunately the seller had got his father to post it, and he had just used normal parcel post.

    When I bought it, he asked if I wanted the original box, I said yes please – so it was delayed while he went to where he and his ex lived (ex now lived there on her own) – to get the box.

    Anyway – no sign of the macbook and in the absence of any Special delivery or tracking – it was as good as lost!

    He asked for another week to see if it would turn up, which I agreed to (and he had to wait until the end of the month to reimburse me anyway)

    Lo and behold – HE FOUND IT!!!!

    His Ex phoned him and asked “When are you collecting your macbook?” He had left the original delivery address showing on the box, and his dozy dad had posted it to that address! He asked his ex why she waited 2wks to contact him? “I assumed it was away for repair and you knew it was being returned here!”

    [The only real significant part of that, is that sometimes people spend the money they receive for an item – assuming it will be delivered okay – it ain’t a hanging offence]

    Doesn’t need a lynch-mob here, either.

  25. #175
    Master
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    4,087
    Quote Originally Posted by Balance wheel View Post
    I feel for the seller , it could happen to any of us
    Less possibility though if the item is properly insured. It wasn’t a heavy package and the declared value would have been what it sold for here. That would have cost maybe £12 or less to send fully insured. Could also have spent a few quid on decent packaging material. Not a case of being wise after the event, just common sense.

  26. #176
    Grand Master number2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    North and South.
    Posts
    27,449
    Quote Originally Posted by blackal View Post
    I bought a macbook air for £500 from someone on a bike forum.

    It was sent to me while I was away from home, and there was no sign of it with neighbours or the local PO depot. Unfortunately the seller had got his father to post it, and he had just used normal parcel post.

    When I bought it, he asked if I wanted the original box, I said yes please – so it was delayed while he went to where he and his ex lived (ex now lived there on her own) – to get the box.

    Anyway – no sign of the macbook and in the absence of any Special delivery or tracking – it was as good as lost!

    He asked for another week to see if it would turn up, which I agreed to (and he had to wait until the end of the month to reimburse me anyway)

    Lo and behold – HE FOUND IT!!!!

    His Ex phoned him and asked “When are you collecting your macbook?” He had left the original delivery address showing on the box, and his dozy dad had posted it to that address! He asked his ex why she waited 2wks to contact him? “I assumed it was away for repair and you knew it was being returned here!”

    [The only real significant part of that, is that sometimes people spend the money they receive for an item – assuming it will be delivered okay – it ain’t a hanging offence]

    Doesn’t need a lynch-mob here, either.
    No apparent "lynch mob", as far as I can see the buyer just wants a response from the seller.
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

    'Populism, the last refuge of a Tory'.

  27. #177
    Master
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Kent
    Posts
    6,282
    Just very bad form

  28. #178
    Quote Originally Posted by seabiscuit View Post
    Less possibility though if the item is properly insured. It wasn’t a heavy package and the declared value would have been what it sold for here. That would have cost maybe £12 or less to send fully insured. Could also have spent a few quid on decent packaging material. Not a case of being wise after the event, just common sense.
    Yes definitely true , I think special delivery insure items for £2000 that’s what I’ve used when selling watches

  29. #179
    Grand Master Wallasey Runner's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Wirral - North West England
    Posts
    14,129
    Sent a £9k watch yesterday, £15 for RMSD and £95 fully insured with Secursus. Arrived today, all good, why take risks unless you are prepared to underwrite any loss yourself.

  30. #180
    Master
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    England
    Posts
    2,335
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallasey Runner View Post
    Sent a £9k watch yesterday, £15 for RMSD and £95 fully insured with Secursus. Arrived today, all good, why take risks unless you are prepared to underwrite any loss yourself.
    All sounds good, but do read the T&Cs very carefully on Secursus. I am sure you did. I used them recently and it is apparent you need to be very careful with how you package for example (double box) and how you describe it (measuring instrument, not watch) and the value you declare (LOW and not real value). They ask you to lie to the courier company effectively. (May not be the case with RM as they may not ask you the value but they do ask you what is in the package, although don't think they record that).

    Read their trustpilot reviews too, the negative ones, to learn where they did not pay out. Just some friendly advice, having recently gone through the process!

  31. #181
    Grand Master Onelasttime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Everywhere, yet nowhere...
    Posts
    11,587
    Quote Originally Posted by Boss13 View Post
    … how you describe it (measuring instrument, not watch) and the value you declare (LOW and not real value). They ask you to lie to the courier company effectively. (May not be the case with RM as they may not ask you the value but they do ask you what is in the package, although don't think they record that).

    Read their trustpilot reviews too, the negative ones, to learn where they did not pay out. Just some friendly advice, having recently gone through the process!
    This would only apply to overseas deliveries? The Post Office only ask about contents to make sure no batteries, flammable liquids or other prohibited items are included.

    My local PO must think I run an online toy shop because I always answer 'Kid's wooden toy', whatever I'm sending.

  32. #182
    Grand Master Wallasey Runner's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Wirral - North West England
    Posts
    14,129
    Quote Originally Posted by Boss13 View Post
    All sounds good, but do read the T&Cs very carefully on Secursus. I am sure you did. I used them recently and it is apparent you need to be very careful with how you package for example (double box) and how you describe it (measuring instrument, not watch) and the value you declare (LOW and not real value). They ask you to lie to the courier company effectively. (May not be the case with RM as they may not ask you the value but they do ask you what is in the package, although don't think they record that).

    Read their trustpilot reviews too, the negative ones, to learn where they did not pay out. Just some friendly advice, having recently gone through the process!
    Procedures followed to the letter, multiple photos taken. I think the watch ultimately was contained within around 6 boxed layers, one of those being a bomb proof peli case. The outer package simply contained the buyers and my addresses and nothing else. Basic £500 Level RMSD postage, but they didn’t ask what was in so I didn’t need to lie.

    On the Secursus insurance form I gave an accurate description of the watch including the model number.

    As with any insurance you need to claim to see how good they are, but there are idiots out there. One guy sent me a £4.5k watch in a padded Jiffy bag. Totally wasted his money paying for insurance. Luckily it got through, but I would never deal with them again.

  33. #183
    Master Christian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    London
    Posts
    9,253
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallasey Runner View Post
    As with any insurance you need to claim to see how good they are.
    This is a point lost on many. I've often read people recommending various parcel insurers and saying how easy it was to organise. Totally misses the point...when buying insurance and not claiming you've only proved how good the company is at taking your money.

    I think things have gotten better, but I do remember prior to Securus, there was another widely used company, whose name I can't remember. Being US-based, it would routinely not pay out on any claim and let the customer start legal action before escalating to a potential payout. I had read somewhere that this was standard practice amongst some US insurers as it effectively reducing the number of successful claims to bare minimum. As a Brit, having to take international legal action would have been an utter nightmare and not worth it in many cases.

  34. #184
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Ashton-under-Lyne
    Posts
    677
    Quote Originally Posted by Christian View Post
    This is a point lost on many. I've often read people recommending various parcel insurers and saying how easy it was to organise. Totally misses the point...when buying insurance and not claiming you've only proved how good the company is at taking your money.

    I think things have gotten better, but I do remember prior to Securus, there was another widely used company, whose name I can't remember. Being US-based, it would routinely not pay out on any claim and let the customer start legal action before escalating to a potential payout. I had read somewhere that this was standard practice amongst some US insurers as it effectively reducing the number of successful claims to bare minimum. As a Brit, having to take international legal action would have been an utter nightmare and not worth it in many cases.

    Parcelpro.

  35. #185
    Master
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Mountsorrel uk
    Posts
    1,605
    Quote Originally Posted by Christian View Post
    This is a point lost on many. I've often read people recommending various parcel insurers and saying how easy it was to organise. Totally misses the point...when buying insurance and not claiming you've only proved how good the company is at taking your money.

    I think things have gotten better, but I do remember prior to Securus, there was another widely used company, whose name I can't remember. Being US-based, it would routinely not pay out on any claim and let the customer start legal action before escalating to a potential payout. I had read somewhere that this was standard practice amongst some US insurers as it effectively reducing the number of successful claims to bare minimum. As a Brit, having to take international legal action would have been an utter nightmare and not worth it in many cases.
    I used to use a my Hermes type parcel company an awful lot for a lot of expensive items I always took insurance out till I sold a sound bar on eBay for £50 and it arrived smashed and after trying to claim on the insurance via email over a fortnight they had gone to the trouble to find the soundbar measurement to claim it was 2 inches bigger than their maximum length so the insurance was invalid, never used the scumbags again and I think I got off lucky as I had sent stuff worth £700

  36. #186
    Master Christian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    London
    Posts
    9,253
    Quote Originally Posted by RickS View Post
    Parcelpro.
    That was it! The stuff I read was only from others on watch forums but was enough to make me think by using them, it was a false sense of security.

  37. #187
    Grand Master Wallasey Runner's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Wirral - North West England
    Posts
    14,129
    To be honest I’ve only used insurance in the last year or two. Sent countless high value watches by RMSD over the years and took the chance. Never lost anything, but would have lost a shedload if I had…

    I thought I had rode my luck for too long so started paying for insurance.

  38. #188
    Grand Master MartynJC (UK)'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Lagoa, Portugal
    Posts
    11,311
    Blog Entries
    20
    Quote Originally Posted by lenlec View Post
    Morning all. An update to this
    On Sunday Jon (juice ) and I agreed that I’m happy to wait a few days for my £800
    As he said he has spent my £800 on a present for his daughter
    As of today I’m still £800 out of pocket
    I’ve pm`d juice a few times and text and what’s app him. But zero reply.
    I just want my money back and a reply from Jon to let me know what’s happening
    Cheers andy
    Could be some some simple explanation since he’s not logged on since the 19th? Perhaps time for the small claims court? I assume you have the return address from the packaging picture? I’d suggest a formal letter requesting the money back in a reasonable time (2 weeks) - sent recorded delivery (ironic based on some comments on this thread). Then take it from there.
    Last edited by MartynJC (UK); 22nd September 2022 at 18:37.
    "Time is an illusion, lunchtime doubly so”. HHGTTG

  39. #189
    Quote Originally Posted by MartynJC (UK) View Post
    Could be some some simple explanation since he’s not logged on since the 19th? Perhaps time for the small claims court? I assume you have the return address from the packaging picture? I’d suggest a formal letter requesting the money back in a reasonable time (2 weeks) - sent recorded delivery (ironic based on some comments on this thread). Then take it from there.
    Hi. Yeah I hope it’s a simple explanation Martyn
    I want to give Jon (juice ) the benefit of the doubt
    I want him to respond to my pm. Text. What’s app etc
    Fingers crossed for a speedy resolution

  40. #190
    Master
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Unknown
    Posts
    4,075
    Blog Entries
    1
    RMSD = Royal Mail Special Delivery. It’s a signed for service.

  41. #191
    Grand Master Wallasey Runner's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Wirral - North West England
    Posts
    14,129
    Quote Originally Posted by Montello View Post
    RMSD = Royal Mail Special Delivery. It’s a signed for service.
    With full tracking and insurance.

  42. #192
    Master
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Scotland, UK
    Posts
    3,277
    Blog Entries
    2
    Who’s to say the ‘parcel’ that was sent actually had the hold-all in it?

    Parcels can be made to appear the size and dimensions expected but will collapse after a few contacts by handlers.

    Jim

  43. #193
    Master
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Suffolk
    Posts
    3,454
    Seems to me Juicy has gone AWOL, dearly hope I'm wrong, but, well, his responses in the thread made me cringe.
    I sincerely hope I'm wrong & Len gets his money refunded.

  44. #194
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    York England
    Posts
    244
    Quote Originally Posted by Nealywheelie View Post
    Seems to me Juicy has gone AWOL, dearly hope I'm wrong, but, well, his responses in the thread made me cringe.
    I sincerely hope I'm wrong & Len gets his money refunded.
    He will be too busy playing with his new Apple Ultra watch that was just delivered……….


    Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

  45. #195
    Quote Originally Posted by Aramis9 View Post
    He will be too busy playing with his new Apple Ultra watch that was just delivered……….


    Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app
    Looks like he ordered the apple ultra watch the day after I sent him the £800

  46. #196
    Grand Master Raffe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Lëtzebuerg
    Posts
    34,397
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by lenlec View Post
    Looks like he ordered the apple ultra watch the day after I sent him the £800
    Might have been an other £800...?
    Someone who lies about the little things will lie about the big things too.

  47. #197
    Quote Originally Posted by Raffe View Post
    Might have been an other £800...?
    Very true

  48. #198
    I hope Jon (juice ) gets the £800 together and does the right thing to make me happy like he said he would a few days ago on this thread.

  49. #199
    As MJC said below its rather odd the radio silence since the 19th, if it were me id be the polar opposite and updating all the time. Hopefully nothing sinister but the lack of comms is a piss take if nothing else.

  50. #200
    Grand Master MartynJC (UK)'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Lagoa, Portugal
    Posts
    11,311
    Blog Entries
    20
    Quote Originally Posted by lenlec View Post
    I hope Jon (juice ) gets the £800 together and does the right thing to make me happy like he said he would a few days ago on this thread.
    Give it a week and then an appropriate H&V post can keep track of your progress? All the best. Martyn
    "Time is an illusion, lunchtime doubly so”. HHGTTG

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Do Not Sell My Personal Information