closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Do you have a single “keeper” watch?

Quote Originally Posted by woodacre1983 View Post

This one will never leave me. Bought with the left over money from my Dads estate after I lost both parents suddenly over a 23 month period.

My youngest daughter (10) has put a claim on it saying she wants the watch after me because it reminds her of grandma and grandad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Love that. I'm sure it'll mean the world to your daughter when the day sadly comes.
    I remember being a similar age when I became aware of my Grandads Omega. Got very fond memories of him letting me look at it.
    Might be why I've got a subconscious affinity for Omegas?

This is the only watch that I genuinely have never thought about selling. It's also the first pricey watch I ever bought, so I think I peaked early in my selection and it's been downhill from there

This is the first watch I really, really wanted and is staying put.

After buyer and selling a fair few of these, I’ve come to the conclusion (with a subtle mod) that it is pretty much perfect.

I will never sell this one.

Quote Originally Posted by TheGent View Post
    After buyer and selling a fair few of these, I’ve come to the conclusion (with a subtle mod) that it is pretty much perfect.

I will never sell this one.

Yes it is, until you place it along something nicer.

Quote Originally Posted by dkpw View Post
    A damn fine watch. I hope you're feeling well.
    Doing "OK." Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by forpetesake View Post
    Yes it is, until you place it along something nicer.
    Not sure I understand?

Craftsman
    Until I found this place and ended up acquiring a few more watches - which I hope I'll keep for the long run, but if needs must that they go, so be it - my answer would absolutely be solely this one:

My daily wearer for 15 years or so - including car repairs, DIY, and rock climbing - until its increasing value and potentially associated unwelcome attention and other watches pushed it out of daily use. Still a great watch and worn for many occasions over the years.

Unfortunately my late father's Bulova Accutron is no longer functioning, despite multiple interventions, but it's lurking in a drawer. Somewhat to my annoyance, my Dad didn't give me first refusal on his Rolex Precision before he traded it for an Explorer II, which I would've loved to keep.

Not yet, after 50 odd years..........had most of my grails and none have lived up to what I thought they would be..........one incoming, not a grail but a name I have wanted since 1988 so maybe

Quote Originally Posted by TheGent View Post
    Not sure I understand?
    Sorry, I had momentarily lapsed into ‘watches as jewellery’ mode there and likely mistook your reference to perfection as meaning absolute perfection, which I consider to be somewhat elusive.
    I find this watch to be most versatile and very pleasing to wear, perfect indeed as a daily wearer.
    As an aside though, you mention having passed on this watch before settling with it, something I recognise. As the watch hasn’t changed, I wonder if it’s our appreciation of it which has matured.

Quote Originally Posted by forpetesake View Post
    Sorry, I had momentarily lapsed into ‘watches as jewellery’ mode there and likely mistook your reference to perfection as meaning absolute perfection, which I consider to be somewhat elusive.
    I find this watch to be most versatile and very pleasing to wear, perfect indeed as a daily wearer.
    As an aside though, you mention having passed on this watch before settling with it, something I recognise. As the watch hasn’t changed, I wonder if it’s our appreciation of it which has matured.
    I see what you mean.

I guess if a watch really did appear to be truly perfect (to the beholder) that would be the only watch he/she would want or need.

I think I overlooked it’s simplicity in the past.

Master
    You'd still want a G Shock to take on holiday :)