closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Golf and Spa In South England

Any further south and i would have wet feet

Golf and Spa In South England

Anyone got a recommendation for a decent Golf & Spa destination? A recommendation from personal experience rather than a website review please.

Use Southampton as a start point and max 2 hours In any direction except South!

Ta

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Golf and Spa In South England

How’ far is Celtic Manor from there? Been a couple of times. Played all three courses. 2010 is by far the hardest. Proper five star hotel as well.

Deals can normally be found as well but drinks are expensive when your there.

Quote Originally Posted by Andyp1973 View Post
    How’ far is Celtic Manor from there? Been a couple of times. Played all three courses. 2010 is by far the hardest. Proper five star hotel as well.

Deals can normally be found as well but drinks are expensive when your there.

We played it a few days after they’d had competitions. Some crazy pin positions but the whole place was immaculate.

St. Pierre just up the road as well which is decent.

The Grove, Watford.

Great golf, nice hotel, extensive spa and gourmet food.

Master
    May be a little tight at 2 hrs but we played Carlyon Bay in Cornwall two months ago. Lovely course and the hotel has a spa plus plenty of mini break deals.

(Insist on a sea facing room).

I stay here while away on business a few times a year. I’ve not played the course but hear it’s good.

The hotel and rooms are great. Not super posh or flashy but very good value and the food in the restaurant is excellent value too.

https://www.eastsussexnational.co.uk/

Head up the M3 and within an hour you'll have a great choice.

If you want Spa and Golf in the same location, Foxhills is great. The PGA Cup starts there today!

My choice would be seperate the two and stay at Pennyhill Park for the Spa which is by far the best in the area, then choose one of our fab nearby (no more than 10 miles) courses, in no particular order: Camberley Heath, Worplesdon (a bit old fashioned), Wentworth (over rated although that is my opinion as I've only ever hacked my way around!), North Hants, Foxhills (as above, either course is great and the par 3 is a nice warm up or down) or there are 2 nearby which are still great being Pine Ridge (our closest Top Tracer driving range) and Windlesham which is reasonably open.

I hope that helps!

Any further south and i would have wet feet
    Thanks for the replies

Craftsman
    There’s also the Ashbury Golf Centre/Manor House near Okehampton in Devon. Six golf courses on one site plus a huge amount of other activities and sports included in the price.

Accommodation isn’t the most modern but very good value for money and if I recall correctly, there’s free wine on the last night of your stay!