closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Omega 2531.80 on a Tudor bracelet

Omega 2531.80 on a Tudor bracelet

I'm ready to be shot down in flames for this, but the bracelet on my 2531.80, my first proper watch, has been too tight for some time and I've not made much effort to find a half link (I have two for the 2254 bracelet but no 2254, I really need to pull my finger out). So... I idly wondered if the end links from my old Tudor Sub (yeah, sold that and my Snowflake just before prices went up) would fit and they do, absolutely perfectly. And bizarrely I really like the combination. Over to you

"A man of little significance"

Grand Master
    Personally I prefer the Bond bracelet, I used to own a 2254.50 and bought a Bond bracelet for it because I preferred the look.

As the 2254.50 bracelet will fit the watch perfectly why not go down that route and buy a 1610.930 bracelet instead? OK, it’ll cost a few bob but I think it would be a better solution. If the polished bits bothered you they could easily be brush- finished.

Works for me

Yeah, looks much better!

Sent from my SM-A217F using Tapatalk

Master
    Looks good to me - I also prefer the look of a simple Oyster bracelet.

Works for me.

I have mine on a Forstner 1450

Master
    The 2254.50 with the Bond bracelet is an actual Omega combo, it’s called the 2054.50 so that’s a thing and could be purchased in some markets. The electric blue 2255.80 was also seen as the Bond bracelet as the 2055.80. The Bond 2531.80 was AFAIK never available on the 1610 bracelet so the reverse isn’t true but I understand why you might want to change it. It’s a bit of a crap design. Uncle Seiko offer a good alternative.
    Last edited by Padders; 14th September 2022 at 07:39.

Quote Originally Posted by walkerwek1958 View Post
    Personally I prefer the Bond bracelet, I used to own a 2254.50 and bought a Bond bracelet for it because I preferred the look.

As the 2254.50 bracelet will fit the watch perfectly why not go down that route and buy a 1610.930 bracelet instead? OK, it’ll cost a few bob but I think it would be a better solution. If the polished bits bothered you they could easily be brush- finished.
    I like the simple Oyster bracelet on this, there's no real point in buying the 2254 bracelet other than because I already have a half link to make it fit perfectly!
    "A man of little significance"

+1 very nice, works for me, Forstner do a 'model O' bracelet which is basically an oyster for the SMP amongst others. I personally like the look of their flat link bracelet & have thought about getting one for my SMP but maybe in a few months as I have just put it on a new Omega rubber strap.

Master
    very nice indeed.

Classic watch and bracelet. Can't go wrong together.

Anyone knows if the Forstner president bracelet would fit the Ceramic SMP non wave dial (2500 movement)?

Edit: Also love wearing mine on a fully brushed Speedy Style Omega bracelet. I also like the original Bond bracelet, though I might prefer the older thinner Bond bracelet.
    Last edited by buddy13; 14th September 2022 at 11:35.

The only element I’m not keen on is when the lugs and bracelet look so mismatched.

Master
    Not for me, I much prefer the Bond bracelet, it’s the most comfortable bracelet I’ve ever worn.

That actually looks very nice! I've surprised that it even fits. I guess its the same diameter but different thickness.

I love mixing up straps and bracelets and this one I think looks pretty good.

Nice. I used my older 39mm aqua terra/railmaster 2500 bracelet 1574/898 on my 2531.80 for a while. Looks and fits great. They are interchangeable. Hard to beat the bond bracelet but the aqua terra one does suit it well as it has a hidden clasp and it's look and shape suits the older bond watches.

Good grief, what were you even thinking?

Master
    Looks much better, omega bracelets from the 90's look very dated now. Much prefer a simple oyster type

More pics please!

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk