closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: iOS 16, WatchOS 9 and iPadOS 15.7 released

iOS 16, WatchOS 9 and iPadOS 15.7 released

I’ve updated my iPhone, Apple Watch and iPad to the latest OSs released earlier. I’m working my way through the new features.

On iOS 16, the lock screen changes look particularly powerful, if not very intuitive to set up. I really like how you can have the lock screen, home screen and watch face change with focus mode. I also like the haptic keyboard, it actually feels like you’re tapping on each letter. No idea how they managed that.

Master
    Battery indicator on iPhones useful, I have been playing with the Lock Screen for a while will be more useful when the 14 turns up.

Photo cutout is gimmicky but fun.

The Metropolitan watch face looks really good.

Craftsman
    When are they going to update the rubbish calendar app

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Linc View Post
    When are they going to update the rubbish calendar app

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Delete it and install Fantastical or Busycal.
    "I forget who it was that recommended men for their soul's good to do each day two things they disliked ... it is a precept that I have followed scrupulously; for every day I have got up and I have gone to bed."

Quote Originally Posted by MurrayMint View Post
    Fantastical lost me when they stopped functionality and then made fantastical 2 for more money.

I use gcal for everything but have just gone into the iOS calendar and added my work cal then gone into notifications and turned them all off. That way I can still see the cal on the new lock screen without having to use it. Best of both.

I’ve updated my phone and iPad. I need to get to grips with focus as I’ve not quit managed to quite get it right yet. Any recommendations?

Looking forward to the 14 pro max

Oh I use out outlook calendar as that works well for me.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    Fantastical lost me when they stopped functionality and then made fantastical 2 for more money.

I use gcal for everything but have just gone into the iOS calendar and added my work cal then gone into notifications and turned them all off. That way I can still see the cal on the new lock screen without having to use it. Best of both.
    Very smart idea. I need to figure out how to turn off the calendar notifications next.

Quote Originally Posted by Boss13 View Post
    Very smart idea. I need to figure out how to turn off the calendar notifications next.
    Notification centre. You can't disable per account so I just turned off the lot. I never use the default calendar app anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by MurrayMint View Post
    I use Readdle’s Calendars app, also has native Mac OS app and their Spark email client.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Lee View Post
    I also like the haptic keyboard, it actually feels like you’re tapping on each letter. No idea how they managed that.
    It feels nice but will probably eat a lot more battery, if that's a concern for you.

Another nice keyboard feature, not related to iOS16 (it's been around for a good while) is the swipe keyboard:

Granted, you won't get your haptic feedback on that.

It's a shame the battery percentage isn't being rolled out to all phones, my 12 Mini is one of the models omitted! That was probably the most useful feature for me, above being able to place (a limited number of) widgets on the lockscreen, etc.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by smashie View Post
    I’ve updated my phone and iPad. I need to get to grips with focus as I’ve not quit managed to quite get it right yet. Any recommendations?

Looking forward to the 14 pro max

Oh I use out outlook calendar as that works well for me.
    I'm not sure it is greatly intuitive as yet so I do wonder how many people will even use it but this seemed a decent overview. It's actually pretty powerful if you set it up correctly

Master
    Been running macOS 13, WatchOS 9 and iOS 16 for some months now. Was impressed from the off with all of them, particularly macOS Ventura.