closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Watch Forums

Watch Forums

What other watch forums do you guys look at, apart from TZ? (TZ and TZ-UK)? WuS?

Fmf

Master
    None. Tried WUS for a while. Awful.

Being a bit of a Damasko freak, I do use WuS' Damasko sub-forum a fair bit. That's as much as I can be arsed with TBH.

Here and MWR only for me.
    Tried Omega forum for a bit but it’s not for me.

I tend to read WUS on occasion, particularly the new Seiko releases and leaks thread. Having said that, I don’t even have an account there, so I don’t post there at all.

I use WuS and here.

I think the Rolex forum is more diverse than the name would suggest but definitely still more high-end.

Master
    Omega forum and MWR. The Rolex forum but only a couple of times a week. I'm also on scwf and wus but probably only visit once or twice a year.

Master
    Here, RLT and MWR and FB Market place.

Here and Wus.

Sent from my I3312 using Tapatalk

Just Paneristi for me. I couldn’t get on with WUS and bin’d it of years ago. When I was into Rolex I found that forum even worse.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Since The Shed closed its doors, I only look into MWR and the FB Smiths and Space Watches groups occasionally.
    Don't just do something, sit there. - TNH

Was on Paneristi when I had my Pam, then they changed the site & I couldn’t get in with it. Frequent the Omega forum a bit & also use the Tag Heuer Forum a lot.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Unfortunately forums are quite dead.

TZ.uk is among the busiest.

Standard TZ I've never cared for. The discussion format was super weird. Haven't visited that in years.

WUS is pretty silent these days.

I only read TZ.uk, WUS occasionally and The Rolex Forum.

Never found a general good and busy watch discussion forum on Facebook. I don't know if there's any.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Just TZ and Facebook groups. No other forums altho im registered on TRF.

Blog Entries
    Just TZ-UK.

I can't be arsed reading about people mowing the lawn with their Rolex and fora where only positive comments can be made due the brand sponsering that goes on.
    Got a new watch, divers watch it is, had to drown the bastard to get it!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Daddelvirks View Post
    Just TZ-UK.

I can't be arsed reading about people mowing the lawn with their Rolex and fora where only positive comments can be made due the brand sponsering that goes on.
    Yes I agree with your comments on TRF, their ultra positivity is in complete contrast to this forums ultra moaning and verbal in fighting.

One can only dream of a mid course forum.

I also use watchprosite as they have some informative brand sub forums. I like the Breguet and independents sections. Otherwise just here.

Quote Originally Posted by JPE View Post
    Unfortunately forums are quite dead. ......
    +1

It looks like everything that could be said has already been said.
    "The whole purpose of mechanical watches is to be impertinent." ~ Lionel a Marca, CEO of Breguet

Quote Originally Posted by abraxas View Post
    +1

It looks like everything that could be said has already been said.

Although you're undoubtedly right, that's never stopped people in the past.

I think it's a more fundamental change accompanying the rise of the smartphone - with its more awkward typing interface, plus ever-shorter attention-spans and a switch of mindset from 'participant' to 'consumer of content'. People expect to contribute nothing, just sit back and be entertained.

Even here - just compare the number of 'lurkers' vs number of posters - it's pitiful.

Just TZ-UK nowadays.

In the past it was TZ USA, Equation of time, Chronocentric and the occasional dip into WUS but don't bother any more.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

Master
    TZ here is a very good site. I also like Rolex forums but look at mainly the AP and other watches page. The AP one in particular had a lot of global contributors.

The one that got me into forums was the new turfers, which I also really liked, but a shame, it just ended.

Went mad years ago and joined loads, then one by one they died on the vine. TRF was the worst I joined, half the members just posted great, smashing, wonderful, super etc and the rest were sort of the pre Instagram crowd, here is me in my Paul Newman Daytona with my Ferrari back stage at a Rolling Stones concert with Mick and Keith. The Omega forum is very good and has some seriously knowledgable people as does the MWR but as I don’t have an Omega or any military watches I have no need to visit.

WUS has always been a standing joke, but is okay as a free e-bay for getting shut of stuff.

TZ is sort of last man standing.

Master
    Breitling source, but not visited in quite a few months now. Quite souless now with very little changing thread-wise on a day to day basis. Plus I don't have a Breitling anymore.

Not a big poster, but like to read quite often. Most forums now are just show off type photos with little text to them and even here that seems to be the trend. No forums offer the same as here used to, plus there is a lot of bickering here with threads going off track and its the same people who tend to cause the disharmony but suppose their high post numbers reflect their lack of real life interaction.

Master
    I like the Christopher ward forum. It is a bit quiet, but everyone seems really nice.

Rolex forum. In italian one called orologico.

Sent from my iPad using TZ-UK mobile app

TZ, Omega forums and Reddit for me.

Chronocentric and watchprosite seem eons ago!

Fmf

Just this, have used WUS in the past but don't find it user friendly.

On a related note, how do I make the threads read here with the OP as the first post.

Quote Originally Posted by stuchyg View Post
    ... how do I make the threads read here with the OP as the first post.
    1. Top right of any page - select Settings.
    2. Scroll down to the My Settings task bar on the left-hand side,- select General Settings.
    3. Scroll down to Thread Display Options
    4. Find Thread Display Mode and select Linear - Oldest First from the drop-down menu.

Blog Entries
    I used to regularly visit and take part on TWF, WUS, and SCWF as well as, less so, the Christopher Ward Forum, PMWF (anyone remember that?), and Oriental Watch Site (now merged with SCWF I think, can't remember for sure!). There are some great resources on SCWF.

However, over time I seem to have spent more and more time on TZ-UK.

Annoyingly, TWF, WUS and SCWF are now owned by VerticalScope and, whilst I don't think this has actually harmed them, it does put me off. VerticalScope is the Facebook of forums, and I dislike it intensely. It's a single point of failure for what was previously a disparate and competing forum market space. Its existence and ownership of so many forums means that there must inevitably be a reduction in innovation and difference.

It was a relief of epic proportions when Eddie and VS could not come to final terms for TZ-UK.

P.S. I also used TimeTechTalk for a bit too. Bought my first watch from the USA via there: A Benarus Moray PVD black with blue dial.
    Last edited by markrlondon; 13th September 2022 at 10:29.

Quote Originally Posted by Nealywheelie View Post
    Breitling source, but not visited in quite a few months now. Quite souless now with very little changing thread-wise on a day to day basis. Plus I don't have a Breitling anymore.
    BreitlingSource used to be my main forum together with TZ-UK when this craze started for me about ten years ago..

Haven't visited in many months, couldn't think of a reason why I would.
    Someone who lies about the little things will lie about the big things too.

Quote Originally Posted by earlofsodbury View Post
    1. Top right of any page - select Settings.
    2. Scroll down to the My Settings task bar on the left-hand side,- select General Settings.
    3. Scroll down to Thread Display Options
    4. Find Thread Display Mode and select Linear - Oldest First from the drop-down menu.
    Gent

TZ-UK is by far my favourite. I also frequent the Christopher Ward forum (but not numerous times a day like TZ!), and mainly one particular thread on WUS (what are you wearing today).

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

How about asking which forum has the most active Sales? I guess still TZ-UK?

Fmf

Quote Originally Posted by FrogmanFreak View Post

Fmf
    Watchuseek by a mile. Tz tends to be a very risk adverse sales forum these days with some cracking watches not shifting.

Quote Originally Posted by FrogmanFreak View Post

Fmf
    I suspect Brexit has helped in that regard. Most UK buyers would prefer a UK purchase to avoid the dreaded 20% VAT on top. A lot of the other forums appear to have a large membership dotted around the world, so buying and selling is perhaps a bit more international.

That said, SC has been slow of late with a lot of decent watches withdrawn. Maybe buyers have been cautious of parting with their money during the energy price rises. Hopefully things might change now we have a little more certainty about those.

Who knows though, just my thoughts…

Craftsman
    I’m only signed up to here but I do occasionally read content on WUS but only via a Google search for something watch related.

The problem with Watchuseek is posts like this;

Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    The problem with Watchuseek is posts like this;
    Some of the 143 replies are funny. WUS is to TZ-UK like The Three Stooges is to Monty Python.