closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Alexander shorokhoff

Journeyman

Alexander shorokhoff

Thinking of pulling the trigger on this. Anyone had any experience of them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I handled a few and they look great, but they are a kinda hybrid manufacture, a bit Russian with made in Germany marks. The designs are really nice and the feel is also good, some models feel less quality than others, it's really, best to see the model you want for real and make up your own mind. I am pretty sure the company is part of Poljot brand.

Journeyman
    Thanks, struggling to get to go and see one so was going to have to buy online. I like the look of some of them as they are a bit different but you can never tell online or get feel for it

Craftsman
    Quite a few owners here, myself included.
    I think they are great, with some really unique designs. The finish on mine is superb all round and the leather straps are as good as I've handled.

Not heard about the Poljot connection before, and it would surprise me. The founder & designer is Russian born but the company is based in Germany.

I’ve often gazed at the various brightly coloured AS’s over on poljot24. The piece in the OP is powered by a Poljot movement.

I suspect the Russian connection is a combo of the owner being of Russian origin and the popularity of the brand in Russia itself. The use of Poljot movements seems a rational one in the context. Their German roots are strong - all the machining, engraving and watch repair jobs they advertise are all in Germany, and all their registrations are in Germany.

I like them, they dare to be different, VFM seems high, and one of their chronos is on my 'long list'.

Journeyman
    They have some really nice looking ones and the price point I don’t think is too excessive

Master
    Shorokoff is quite unique in its approach.

He uses Poljot, Vostok and Molnia movements and decorates and tweaks them beyond recognision. Great designes, inspired by russian heritage and history. Watches are really well made.

He also runs CCCP watches, that make affordable watches inspired by russian military. Not that it helps in light of current situation.

After sale value is horrible though.

Poslano sa mog JNY-LX1 koriste?i Tapatalk

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by sinner77 View Post
    Shorokoff is quite unique in its approach.

He uses Poljot, Vostok and Molnia movements and decorates and tweaks them beyond recognision. Great designes, inspired by russian heritage and history. Watches are really well made.

He also runs CCCP watches, that make affordable watches inspired by russian military. Not that it helps in light of current situation.

After sale value is horrible though.

Poslano sa mog JNY-LX1 koriste?i Tapatalk
    Maybe worth getting used then

Journeyman
    To be honest I wouldn’t be wearing much so not too worried about the movement. It’s more about the aesthetics

Journeyman
    I am very close. I like the one in my original post and a square red chronograph

Saw the red square chrono at the weekend, it is stunning

Great watches for those that like things a bit different. I’ve got the Regulator and almost bought the one in the OP when Jura had it heavily discounted a while ago. Finishing level is certainly above the price point from what I’ve seen. I can see the value proposition reducing the further up the range you go though, I’m not sure I would be happy spending thousands on one knowing that I’d be taking a bath if I decided to change.

Journeyman
    Thanks for reviving this. Never bought in the end as heard they have good discounts on the sometimes. Still waiting for you me to come up at the right price new or used.