closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The Queen

Rest eternal grant unto her, O Lord - And let light perpetual shine upon her.

Sent from my SM-A217F using Tapatalk

RIP your Majesty and thank you for a life dedicated to duty.

MarkC

"I declare before you all that my whole life, whether it be long or short, shall be devoted to your service..."

RIP

Happy to pay my respects, but I find it difficult to mourn someone who I did not know and never met.

I reserve my true emotions for my close friends and family.

Craftsman
    An embodiment of humility and grace, may God go with you, Your Majesty.

A sad day for the country indeed.

Master
    Whilst I don’t believe in the whole concept of royalty, I can only echo what has been already said — she certainly served her country well, never put a foot wrong.

May she rest in peace

Quote Originally Posted by TheFlyingBanana View Post
    Regardless of anything, the Queen has been a class act for her entire life. I wish her well and if this is her time to rest and be with her beloved Philip, then it is well earned and she will be remembered with gratitude and affection.
    Nicely said. All of this basically.

Master
    Thank you for your life long service and dedication and may you rest in peace Queen Elizabeth.

It always felt that she was the glue that bound the country together, it feels like a loss in the family. I genuinely felt emotional when I heard the news earlier and I would not normally be like that, hard to explain, but the world will be a lesser place without her as an anchor I feel.

This is a nice way to remember her, too:

https://twitter.com/davidmackau/stat...y3-khTrCdf6Wrw
    'Against stupidity, the gods themselves struggle in vain' - Schiller.

Master
    Rest In Peace, your Majesty

The Queen

Her 70 yrs reign celebrations felt like both a celebration and a farewell. I said that to my wife at the time. I will always remember her Paddington sketch which showed a wicked sense of humour. Hope she rests in peace now.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Saint-Just View Post
    This is a nice way to remember her, too:

https://twitter.com/davidmackau/stat...y3-khTrCdf6Wrw
    Very nice story...a momentous day; she performed her duty with great dignity.

Quote Originally Posted by noTAGlove View Post
    Happy to pay my respects, but I find it difficult to mourn someone who I did not know and never met.

I reserve my true emotions for my close friends and family.
    It’s an interesting point - please don’t read any criticism of your reply in this, none is implied or intended.

Both my wife and I were in the kitchen when the official announcement was made by the BBC. We had, like many I would imagine, been speculating and wondering for most of the afternoon. Perhaps we were building the event in our own minds before we had any confirmation, but when the news broke we both found ourselves feeling emotional. Visibly so.

It’s true that we have, like you, never met The Queen, nor did we have any connection whatsoever, but there was an inexplicable sadness.

I can put this down to one of two things - either the loss of a person who has been present for all of our lives - constant, hardworking and inspiring - she was respected and respectful and the role model all other role models should take as their reference point.

The other possibility is that The Queen represented a way of life, a period in history which stretches back to before (I’m guessing) all of our lives here on TZ. That way of life has passed and we can only hope that the new monarch has the same class and garners the same respect.

So, although I haven’t lost a friend or family member, there is a sense of loss and one which many people will share.

Many people are prefacing their posts with the fact that they are not Monarchists. It’s probably not the right time to make a stand as a republican, I understand why people are declaring themselves as such, but the truth is that we, all of us, have seen a momentous event, the passing of a lady who loved this country and dedicated her life to the service of the country she loved.

King Charles has far bigger feet than his mother, but I think we will be very lucky indeed if he manages to fill her shoes.

Rest in peace.

Reunited at last!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    “Don’t look back, you’re not heading that way.”

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RustyBin5 View Post
    Her 70 yrs reign celebrations felt like both a celebration and a farewell. I said that to my wife at the time. I will always remember her Paddington sketch which showed a wicked sense of humour. Hope she rests in peace now.
    Lovely.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7UfiCa244XE&t=3s

A shining light has been dimmed. A cornerstone lost. An example to the World and world leaders of conduct becoming of the position. Exemplary in every facet of Her lifelong service to the people, the country, the commonwealth and the world. I doubt there will ever be her like again. A very sorrowful moment in our time. Rest in peace M'aam.

🇬🇧 🇬🇧 Phillip came to me today,
    and said it was time to go.
    I looked at him and smiled,
    as i whispered that "I know"
    I then turned and looked behind me,
    and seen I was asleep.
    All my Family were around me,
    and I could hear them weep.
    I gently touched each shoulder,
    with Phillip by my side.
    Then I turned away and walked,
    with My Angel guide.
    Phillip held my hand,
    as he led the way,
    to a world where King's and Queens,
    are Monarch's every day.
    I was given a crown to wear
    or a Halo known by some.
    The difference is up here,
    they are worn by everyone.
    I felt a sense of peace,
    my reign had seen its end.
    70 years I had served my Country,
    as the peoples friend.
    Thank you for the years,
    for all your time and love.
    Now I am one of two again,
    in our Palace up above. 🇬🇧

When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

Master
    I thought the words on the M&S site were well chosen:

We’re deeply saddened to hear the passing of Her Majesty The Queen. For over 70 years she has dedicated her life to service for her country and the Commonwealth, and been a figurehead of national unity and stability at a time of enormous change.​

She has led at all times with a quiet determination and selfless devotion, and has been all that is the very best in us. While being Monarch she has raised a loving family whom she adored, and they her. As HRH Prince Philip The Duke of Edinburgh was to her, she has been our nation’s strength and stay.

We join the Royal Family and the nation in their grief and offer the Royal Family our heartfelt condolences.

Particularly the phrase "has been all that is the very best in us".

Pie has pretty much summed up some of the divide.

"There's not being a fan of the Royals (an understandable position), then there's actively celebrating the death of an elderly woman. The second one makes you a very unsavoury person. She was an icon. Undeniably. And as someone who isn’t a royalist, I for one will mourn her loss."

Quote Originally Posted by dickbrowne View Post
    It’s an interesting point - please don’t read any criticism of your reply in this, none is implied or intended.

Both my wife and I were in the kitchen when the official announcement was made by the BBC. We had, like many I would imagine, been speculating and wondering for most of the afternoon. Perhaps we were building the event in our own minds before we had any confirmation, but when the news broke we both found ourselves feeling emotional. Visibly so.

It’s true that we have, like you, never met The Queen, nor did we have any connection whatsoever, but there was an inexplicable sadness.

I can put this down to one of two things - either the loss of a person who has been present for all of our lives - constant, hardworking and inspiring - she was respected and respectful and the role model all other role models should take as their reference point.

The other possibility is that The Queen represented a way of life, a period in history which stretches back to before (I’m guessing) all of our lives here on TZ. That way of life has passed and we can only hope that the new monarch has the same class and garners the same respect.

So, although I haven’t lost a friend or family member, there is a sense of loss and one which many people will share.

Many people are prefacing their posts with the fact that they are not Monarchists. It’s probably not the right time to make a stand as a republican, I understand why people are declaring themselves as such, but the truth is that we, all of us, have seen a momentous event, the passing of a lady who loved this country and dedicated her life to the service of the country she loved.

King Charles has far bigger feet than his mother, but I think we will be very lucky indeed if he manages to fill her shoes.

Rest in peace.
    An interesting reply.

I too hope you and people don’t take this the wrong way either, but when you have been force fed respect and deference for over 50+ years from the media, aided and abetted by the firm itself, it feels natural to see the queen as one of your own, and hence feel the same emotions you would typically only reserve for close friends and family.

I don’t wish to upset, but provide a balanced view as we are all different.

I can understand the service and duty she provided to the country, but feel little emotion on her passing. Not because she wasn’t an outstanding leader, but more because I can’t summon up emotions for a complete stranger.

An interesting reply.

I too hope you and people don’t take this the wrong way either, but when you have been force fed respect and deference for over 50+ years from the media, aided and abetted by the firm itself, it feels natural to see the queen as one of your own, and hence feel the same emotions you would typically only reserve for close friends and family.

I can understand the service and duty she provided to the country, but feel little emotion on her passing. Not because she wasn’t an outstanding leader, but more because I can’t summon up emotions for a complete stranger.
    She has been Queen for all of my life - at no point do I feel that i have been force fed anything, is this really how you feel?.

She was of my Mum's era, who I lost in April of this year. My emotions are in no way comparable, but we have lost a great lady.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris_in_the_UK View Post
    She has been Queen for all of my life - at no point do I feel that i have been force fed anything, is this really how you feel?.

She was of my Mum's era, who I lost in April of this year. My emotions are in no way comparable, but we have lost a great lady.
    Indeed, and also when I see an RIP post on this forum of a person that I do not respect or like I keep my council rather than try to prove a political or virtue signal by posting a negative response. Some very bitter people people with a healthy self righteous ego will think and post differently

'Against stupidity, the gods themselves struggle in vain' - Schiller.

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruggertech View Post
    Indeed, and also when I see an RIP post on this forum of a person that I do not respect or like I keep my council rather than try to prove a political or virtue signal by posting a negative response. Some very bitter people people with a healthy self righteous ego will think and post differently
    +1, agree 100%, yet some people can’t see this. This guy has plummeted in my esteem, I’m a great believer in the old adage:’ If you can’t say owt nice say nowt’. His point might have validity but now is NOT the right time to promote that view, if he can’t see that god help him.

Humble, humanist, honourable, a great sense of humour, and a lifetime of service until the very last. She contributed more to her country and commonwealth than might be measurable.

Quote Originally Posted by walkerwek1958 View Post
    +1, agree 100%, yet some people can’t see this. This guy has plummeted in my esteem, I’m a great believer in the old adage:’ If you can’t say owt nice say nowt’. His point might have validity but now is NOT the right time to promote that view, if he can’t see that god help him.
    Quite.

RIP

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rest in peace.
    Well said DB. Thank you.

Craftsman
    God bless your Majesty, you certainly kept your word and did your country proud. RIP

Master
    I am 73 and ever since I can remember she was the Queen and it will not seem the same without her.

She is going to be mourned the world over as well as the UK and rightly so.

Rest in Peace.

Master
    Very sad. RIP

Here in the U.S., I believe the Queen has been regarded like a beloved great aunt.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruggertech View Post
    +1

RIP your majesty

There is hardly another person that has been so universaly admired throughout his/her life and service as Her Majesty. And Im saying this as a person outside of the Commonwealth without much interest in the Royal family.. She was a truly remarkable person and icon for generations.. RIP

Adding My condolences on this extremely sad occasion but also I celebrate Her amazing contribution to Our Nation the sense of duty to think that less than 48 hours before Her passing looking frail and unwell Her Majesty still carried out official duties a fabulous example of self sacrifice and leadership RIP Lovely Lady.

Amazed to see King Charles greeting the crowds outside Buckingham Palace, I assumed they were just going to drive straight in. Pure class.

Master
    Blog Entries

Rest in peace.
    Well said. Pretty much how we felt.

An interesting reply.

I cant speak for anybody else but, personally, I see nothing to take the wrong way - you have your point of view, I have mine and the glory of these United Kingdoms is that we are both allowed them, and long may that continue.

Although I may not agree with everything you say, I shall defend unto the death your right to say it, and all that.
    Last edited by dickbrowne; 9th September 2022 at 17:01.

Journeyman
    Rip your majesty

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Kairos View Post
    A shining light has been dimmed. A cornerstone lost. An example to the World and world leaders of conduct becoming of the position. Exemplary in every facet of Her lifelong service to the people, the country, the commonwealth and the world. I doubt there will ever be her like again. A very sorrowful moment in our time. Rest in peace M'aam.

  Phillip came to me today,
    and said it was time to go.
    I looked at him and smiled,
    as i whispered that "I know"
    I then turned and looked behind me,
    and seen I was asleep.
    All my Family were around me,
    and I could hear them weep.
    I gently touched each shoulder,
    with Phillip by my side.
    Then I turned away and walked,
    with My Angel guide.
    Phillip held my hand,
    as he led the way,
    to a world where King's and Queens,
    are Monarch's every day.
    I was given a crown to wear
    or a Halo known by some.
    The difference is up here,
    they are worn by everyone.
    I felt a sense of peace,
    my reign had seen its end.
    70 years I had served my Country,
    as the peoples friend.
    Thank you for the years,
    for all your time and love.
    Now I am one of two again,
    in our Palace up above. 
    These words made me cry, honestly.
    Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Nealywheelie View Post
    These words made me cry, honestly.
    Thank you.
    Me to.
    A wonderful tribute to a wonderful woman.

Craftsman
    RIP your Majesty

Very sad obviously, as it is when anyone dies, but wow the devotion!

Like all of us she had her flaws, not least paying off a victim of sexual abuse to bail out her middle son and blocking her first born from taking on his proper role for 20 year longer than necessary.

As a Queen, she was a good one, but no need for the OTT fawning!

Sent from my M2101K6G using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by xxnick1975 View Post
    Very sad obviously, as it is when anyone dies, but wow the devotion!

Like all of us she had her flaws, not least paying off a victim of sexual abuse to bail out her middle son and blocking her first born from taking on his proper role for 20 year longer than necessary.

As a Queen, she was a good one, but no need for the OTT fawning!
    Prick

Prick
    I’m afraid you’re being too generous there.

Master
    Prick
    Perhaps rather than just being needlessly rude you could instead point out to that poster where he’s wrong?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Aramis9 View Post
    Are you his rather dim boyfriend?
    A charming response.

I have huge respect and admiration for Her Majesty and I offer my condolences to those who loved her. However I can’t feel any sadness when a 90+ years old person dies a quick death after a short decline with loved ones by their side at their favourite place on earth to boot. Death will come to us all and I don’t see how it could be any better than that. Godspeed Your Highness!

Quote Originally Posted by Longblackcoat View Post
    Perhaps rather than just being needlessly rude you could instead point out to that poster where he’s wrong?
    There's no point, he knew exactly what he was doing.
    Last edited by Ruggertech; 10th September 2022 at 08:44.