closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Seiko misaligned chapter ring

Grand Master

Seiko misaligned chapter ring

We all know this pain. Can they be easily realigned or is it better to source a new one? MM200 model black dial.
    ktmog6uk
    marchingontogether!

Seiko misaligned chapter ring

I’m not sure if this necessarily applies to the mm200, but Seiko chapter rings are usually held in position by a little peg so the misalignment is either due to a printing error or manufacturing tolerances. Usually not easily repaired.

I guess one could file down the peg, but then you may have a freely spinning chapter ring.
    Last edited by Idontgram; 7th September 2022 at 07:44.

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Idontgram View Post
    I’m not sure if this necessarily applies to the mm200, but Seiko chapter rings are usually held in position by a little peg so the misalignment is either due to a printing error or manufacturing tolerances. Usually not easily repaired.

I guess one could file down the peg, but then you may have a freely spinning chapter ring.
    New chapter ring then!
    ktmog6uk
    marchingontogether!

I thought it was a feature

Quote Originally Posted by RustyBin5 View Post
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

'Populism, the last refuge of a Tory scoundrel'.

Master
    Not necessarily- depends how far out it is
    The peg is usually smaller than the gap in the chapter ring so could be a case of removing the movement anf slightly adjusting the chapter ring with something like a cocktail stick

I watched a chap fix one on youtube and i did not fancy doing it myself so i left it. Seems to be a few vids / tutorials about online

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by xellos99 View Post
    I watched a chap fix one on youtube and i did not fancy doing it myself so i left it. Seems to be a few vids / tutorials about online
    Will have a look, it’s a fair way off so a new one might be the way to go. Anyone know a source?

Quote Originally Posted by lewie View Post
    Not necessarily- depends how far out it is
    The peg is usually smaller than the gap in the chapter ring so could be a case of removing the movement anf slightly adjusting the chapter ring with something like a cocktail stick
    As Lewie said, it will probably just need the chapter ring aligned correctly.

If it still doesn't align perfectly, it will align if the small peg on the underneath of the chapter ring is trimmed. Do not file the peg from the top. It's one side only. This is so that the chapter ring can be repositioned sideways in the opposite direction that it is misaligned.

I doubt you'll need a new chapter ring.

I've seen lots of modern Turtles with chapter rings that are badly aligned. The problem was never the chapter ring. It was a QC issue with the locating chamber within the actual case for the chapter ring peg.
    Last edited by j111dja; 10th September 2022 at 00:50.

Quote Originally Posted by RustyBin5 View Post
    haha exactly my mentality ..

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by j111dja View Post
    As Lewie said, it will probably just need the chapter ring aligned correctly.

If it still doesn't align perfectly, it will align if the small peg on the underneath of the chapter ring is trimmed. Do not file the peg from the top. It's one side only. This is so that the chapter ring can be repositioned sideways in the opposite direction that it is misaligned.

I doubt you'll need a new chapter ring.

I've seen lots of modern Turtles with chapter rings that are badly aligned. The problem was never the chapter ring. It was a QC issue with the locating chamber within the actual case for the chapter ring peg.
    Thank you. Debating asking Seiko uk if they can sort it.
    ktmog6uk
    marchingontogether!