closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Breitling advice sought

Master
    Blog Entries

Breitling advice sought

I'm no longer active here these days and not owned or bothered with anything of 'quality' in some years now, life is simpler as a result

Got a hankering for a grab and go ana-digi, and wondered about a fully stickered year old Aerospace evo.? Whats a decent price given these are or maybe were a discounted brand?

Blog Entries
    If you are buying outside UK check some EU sources. Aerospace are always a good ani-digi choice. Not sure why you want a ‘stickered’ one as a second hand will serve just as good. Do you have a size in mind as the newer are a bit larger than the vintage ones. You could always post a WTB and see when you get.

wild guess 2K should get you a decent second hand - I could be out on this. Check SC for recent sale posts.

should get at least 15%-20% off MRP
    “ Ford... you're turning into a penguin. Stop it.” HHGTTG

Master
    Blog Entries
    Thanks. Appreciate the input. I'm aware of the Exospace on SC but for it to fit me a new £320 strap would be needed.

The stickered watch is also a 43mm (good) and priced at £2500 on a bracelet. I like the blue accents on the Exospace but the price of a new rubber strap is laughable.

I'm OCD fussy, new is invariably my better option.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowman View Post
    I'm no longer active here these days and not owned or bothered with anything of 'quality' in some years now, life is simpler as a result

Got a hankering for a grab and go ana-digi, and wondered about a fully stickered year old Aerospace evo.? Whats a decent price given these are or maybe were a discounted brand?
    Good watch and all-rounder. My 42mm Aerospace is currently running at an incredible +1.2 seconds a year. Originally bought it new back in 2013, at the time when the 43mm EVO came to replace it. I much prefer the aesthetic and bracelet of the 42mm “Avantage” over the 43mm “EVO”. But both use the same exact Superquartz movement, Breitling caliber 79.

Personally, I believe the Aerospace is the best modern Breitling ever made.

Master
    I really like these and ani digit’s generally but get the feeling that they are a bit unreliable- is this true or am I wrong
    Maybe I’ve just read a couple of one of stories

Breitling advice sought

Quote Originally Posted by lewie View Post
    I really like these and ani digit’s generally but get the feeling that they are a bit unreliable- is this true or am I wrong
    Mine is 9 years old and has been my defacto travel all that time.

Very reliable. I always send it back to Breitling for battery service. Just had a movement overhaul service done about a year ago. Watch looks and feels new. Running at a stunning +1.3 seconds a year.

Master
    Blog Entries
    It seems I'm on the right path then.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by lewie View Post
    Aerospace - rock solid proven movement. B55 let’s say on a sample size of 1 - less so. Sometimes less is more.
    “ Ford... you're turning into a penguin. Stop it.” HHGTTG

Quote Originally Posted by MartynJC (UK) View Post
    Aerospace - rock solid proven movement. B55 let’s say on a sample size of 1 - less so. Sometimes less is more.
    I had a B50 Cockpit Night mission. Disappointing watch. Gaining more than the promised 15 seconds a year. Breitling USA claimed the B50 module can not be regulated. Got rid of the watch and took a loss.

Can’t believe I sold a perfectly mint LE Airwolf to fund the B50. Lesson learned.