closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Fellow's Auction today...anybody snagged anything?...

Master
    Blog Entries

Fellow's Auction today...anybody snagged anything?...

...despite the buyer's premium?

I've managed to get the Ollech & Wajs Caribbean 1000, Lot 257, which was part of Blueboy1's collection.

The +30% sticks in the crop but it was quite a fun experience nevertheless.

30%!!!!

Well done on the carribean looks a nice piece. I thought about bidding on a couple but buyers premium was just ludicrous so I abstained.

Quote Originally Posted by trident-7 View Post
    ...despite the buyer's premium?

I've managed to get the Ollech & Wajs Caribbean 1000, Lot 257, which was part of Blueboy1's collection.

The +30% sticks in the crop but it was quite a fun experience nevertheless.
    I'm glad you got the O & W - it was always one of my favourites. I know the 30% was always going to be a hard sell but at least you know what you're getting, and the choice was unparalled. When was the last time an O & W Caribbean came up on SC? Or an Ushuaia? Or a Doxa Caribbean 750T? Or a Precista Dreadnought? etc etc.

Sometimes, availability has its own merits. I was a little disappointed in the overall results & though a couple of my watches didn't sell, I'll just put them in the next auction with a slightly lower reserve.

To me, the price wasn't always the most important thing - it was often to have a watch of beauty that I'd wanted for years.

I secured your Ushuaia. I owned one back in 2015 but it coincided with my flipping stage, so it was sold here for a paltry sum. Been on the look out for another but as you say, they hardly ever appear for sale. Two were listed on EBay a few months ago but were in Italy and France. Purchase prices with the VAT ruled them out so glad to pick this one up.

Had bid on the Spirotechnique too but had to bow out. Nearly bid for the Benthos, Beuchat MN, Certina PH2 and one of the Sawtooth Zodiacs, but a little bit of common sense had to prevail. Great to hear some will find their way back to a second auction though and hopefully I’ll revisit one or two when they come around again.

I missed it, but happy I did as on a tight budget right now.
    Just went through the auction results this morning, the O&W was one of my favs, congrats trident-7!!
    Although the Jenny 700 was equally attractive (to me). If it wasn't for the timing, i would've bidded on these:

I'm a lot into both Fortis and Monnin cased watches, and never seen this before!:

This Balzer would've been the perfect companion for my Jenny :)

Master
    Blog Entries
    I was the underbidder on the Jenny 700. In retrospect I should have gone bit higher. The O&W was what I was after though so I really can't complain.

Quote Originally Posted by trident-7 View Post
    I was the underbidder on the Jenny 700. In retrospect I should have gone bit higher. The O&W was what I was after though so I really can't complain.
    Can't have any regrets there, the O&W is gorgeous, and it's a 1000 afterall.. congrats! Awaiting pictures the first Friday you receive it :)

Nice catch!

I was going to bid on the SBDX001, but I completely forgot about the auction due to interview prep :(

The Caribbean looks to be lovely watch but 30% buyer premium is taking the proverbial.
    That put me off to be honest and it surely damped down the prices realised.
    If I was put off others would have been as well.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitsan View Post
    Nice catch!

I was going to bid on the SBDX001, but I completely forgot about the auction due to interview prep :(
    You could bid for about 2 weeks in advance...a bit like eBay. Unlike eBay, if anybody bids within the last 30 seconds, the clock keeps going back up to 30 seconds.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by levkov View Post
    Can't have any regrets there, the O&W is gorgeous, and it's a 1000 afterall.. congrats! Awaiting pictures the first Friday you receive it :)
    Received this morning....pictures to follow!

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by levkov View Post
    Oo, it's lovely!

That’s a nice example

Wow brutally beautiful, if one can say that. Great catch! See, who needs the Jenny if you have this :D

Another thing to add if i may; i understand these bracelets, especially the end links, are extremely scarce, so a +1 there