closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: 39mm Pelagos no-date!

Quote Originally Posted by tango View Post
    I am going to try one on at my AD this week, have a funny feeling it will be too hard to resist.
    The bad news is that after three days on the wrist I like it even more

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by RustyBin5 View Post
    The bad news is that after three days on the wrist I like it even more
    You're really not helping.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by tango View Post
    You're really not helping.
    My prediction is that there will be one on SC before end of September

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ac11111 View Post
    My prediction is that there will be one on SC before end of September
    Only one?

Quote Originally Posted by Boss13 View Post
    Only one?
    Classic Tudor

Tried one on today. It’s nice but not for me. A little surprised as I was sure I was going to walk out with it when I went in there. It actually felt a little too small for me. I love my FXD and so will be happy with that.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Boss13 View Post
    Only one?
    At least, first one for around £100 of RRP which is sold within 10 minutes, then a steady stream listed on SC to xmas, each one sold for less. By spring next year it’s going to £1500 off retail. Standard playbook

Master
    At least, first one for around £100 of RRP which is sold within 10 minutes, then a steady stream listed on SC to xmas, each one sold for less. By spring next year it’s going to £1500 off retail. Standard playbook
    I think that will happen but longer time frames. The chrono models are still not in windows, or the BB pro. I guess it depends how popular it proves to be.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuno1 View Post
    I think that will happen but longer time frames. The chrono models are still not in windows, or the BB pro. I guess it depends how popular it proves to be.
    Spring probably a bit harsh, this time next year, 1500 off retail is how much the bigger pelagos is selling for on SC

Master
    Spring probably a bit harsh, this time next year, 1500 off retail is how much the bigger pelagos is selling for on SC
    Yup but that is no where near as popular as this will be. I agree it will happen eventually and it should! Both 58’s are in my local AD window. Took a few years for that to happen though. I think this might become one of Tudor’s most popular watches to date due to its more modern design and size.

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    Classic Tudor
    GLWTS

(Sorry, nicked someone else’s joke here….)

39mm Pelagos no-date!

Give it a couple of years and there might actually be a decent range of Tudor watches in most AD windows. Imagine that!! - a decent choice of nicely designed watches that you don’t need to sell a kidney to acquire - and you can actually buy in a shop without a special handshake, a YouTube channel or the proviso that you buy thousands of pounds of tat for the privilege. Oh how I miss the olden days. Do you know I remember a time when there was a 1406OM and a speedmaster just sat in a window on every high street and they were each £1500 - you could even get 0% and wear one in a sticky floored pub without being stabbed! Rant over, and relax……

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Blog Entries
    Most tudors are available. The FXD and SS chrono aside. The 39 will be the same for a little bit I expect they will be easy enough in time.

Craftsman
    Quite like it on the rubber strap too!

Master
    I really like it in that it seems to tick a lot of boxes if you're after a daily watch that's got a lot of Rolex sub feel but not the concerns that comes with wearing a £10k watch. Once they're £3k second hand I'll be in. I like my Damaskos as daily wearers a LOT but would like a bracelet option that's more dressy than Damasko provides currently.
    I had hoped my Seiko SNR025 would fill this niche but it's just a bit big for me no matter how much I wish it wasn't so I've finally conceded that needs to go (despite how well finished it is and the SD movement).
    Until GS get their 40mm with micro adjustment act together the P39 might just be the answer!

Master
    Blog Entries
    I agree on the GS point, I really want to like them.

Quote Originally Posted by Gareth-W View Post
    GLWTS

(Sorry, nicked someone else’s joke here….)
    I just booked the collection for tomorrow!

Regardless of prices used falling eventually- if you want it now and get a call then 3.5 still is great value for what this watch is. I paid it happily.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Middo View Post
    I agree on the GS point, I really want to like them.
    Yup, love the styling of the new dive watch but it’s massive and so is the clasp. If they could refine and shrink it a bit I would most likely buy one.

Quote Originally Posted by deepreddave View Post
    I really like it in that it seems to tick a lot of boxes if you're after a daily watch that's got a lot of Rolex sub feel but not the concerns that comes with wearing a £10k watch.
    I would have concerns that from a far it could easily be mistaken for a submariner which could bring its own risks.

Quote Originally Posted by boring_sandwich View Post
    I would have concerns that from a far it could easily be mistaken for a submariner which could bring its own risks.
    That risk extends well beyond Tudor though. I spend two or three days per week playing at weddings. As clients are usually well to do and guests are dressed to the nines it's fertile ground always watch spotting. I can't even begin to tell you how often I've mistaken a 'cheap and cheerful' for a Rolex.

Question

I just booked the collection for tomorrow!

You've sold it already?!?

Wiley and Tudor have a shelf life of 3 days....

Tudors all end the same way for me but I'll never stop trying to find a "Tudor Keeper". FXD with a bracelet would be me done I think.

crazyp asked how many days it would last the second I got it.

Gone to one of the TZ good guys for RRP

Quote Originally Posted by Craizeehair View Post
    That’s a good picture, I have been on the fence with the size, I initially said no to the AD, then changed my mind and have decided to give one a go, now I’m not so sure again! Maybe should have stuck with the FXD.
    It’s frustrating not being able to try them on. I know the whole Rolex exhibition model thing has annoyed some folk, but I’d much rather walk into an AD and be able to try on a 39, original, FXD and then make a decision on which to put my name down for, rather that trying to guess from photos what might fit.

Initial enthusiasm for the 39 is already starting to fade on my side after speaking to a few ADs. I don’t mind waiting in an orderly queue, but I do mind feeling like a second class citizen!

39mm Pelagos no-date!

Quote Originally Posted by M1011 View Post
    It’s frustrating not being able to try them on. I know the whole Rolex exhibition model thing has annoyed some folk, but I’d much rather walk into an AD and be able to try on a 39, original, FXD and then make a decision on which to put my name down for, rather that trying to guess from photos what might fit.

Initial enthusiasm for the 39 is already starting to fade on my side after speaking to a few ADs. I don’t mind waiting in an orderly queue, but I do mind feeling like a second class citizen!
    Should have popped me a message I would have met you for a coffee with it. We’re both London

It’s frustrating not being able to try them on. I know the whole Rolex exhibition model thing has annoyed some folk, but I’d much rather walk into an AD and be able to try on a 39, original, FXD and then make a decision on which to put my name down for…
    I’ve just put my name down for an FXD, but I’ve no idea if I will truly get on with it until the day it arrives. It would have been better to have exhibition examples of the limited supply models

D

Master

39mm Pelagos no-date!

Quote Originally Posted by helidoc View Post
    I’ve just put my name down for an FXD, but I’ve no idea if I will truly get on with it until the day it arrives. It would have been better to have exhibition examples of the limited supply models

D

It’s easily obtainable with some existing relationship and possibly even as a first watch. I was offered without asking. Any ADs being w@nky about a Tudor is not worth it IMO.

Master

D

It’s easily obtainable with some existing relationship and possibly even as a first watch. I was offered without asking. Any ADs being w@nky about a Tudor is not worth it IMO.
    I have posted before that I viewed the Pro and decided against it for now. I tipped off a friend looking to buy his first decent watch and he asked about the FXD when visiting as he liked mine. They went out back and said they had one. From a £30 Casio (he'd owned for a few months to get used to wearing a watch!) he came out of the AD with the Pro and FXD in one visit with no prior history buying anything from them.

Ant

I’m sure Goldsmiths will sell me one as soon as it’s in. I’m not in any kind of rush.

D

Master
    It is annoying tbh, popped into my AD and they had an exhibition piece. I managed to try it on and liked it so asked what the ‘procedure’ is to purchase one. Said we’re taking 20% refundable deposit and needs to be within the hour as they’ll be closing that soon! Felt a bit sh1te tbh, I’m on their waiting list for an FXD and asked how long that will be she said she’s not sure……ffs.

While I could put down a deposit, morally it just feels wrong - With interest rates not at 0 anymore effectively it’s free financing for them! Or maybe I just need to accept it and do it - with a view that at least I’ll start building up a history with them.

D

Quote Originally Posted by gaurav_tzuk View Post
    It is annoying tbh, popped into my AD and they had an exhibition piece. I managed to try it on and liked it so asked what the ‘procedure’ is to purchase one. Said we’re taking 20% refundable deposit and needs to be within the hour as they’ll be closing that soon! Felt a bit sh1te tbh, I’m on their waiting list for an FXD and asked how long that will be she said she’s not sure……ffs.

While I could put down a deposit, morally it just feels wrong - With interest rates not at 0 anymore effectively it’s free financing for them! Or maybe I just need to accept it and do it - with a view that at least I’ll start building up a history with them.
    Honestly put up a WTB. You will probably get one quicker that way.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by gaurav_tzuk View Post

I should be able to get you either fairly quickly. Can PM me.

Tried on yesterday very nice piece much like a 14060 dimensionally but lightweight dial was lovely in natural light but quite reflective under bright AD lights

its definitely a big hit and a home run for Tudor who yet again seem to keep delivering desirable pieces.

Already firmly in rotation
    Love it

Really like the look of this.. I’ve been considering a BB58 Blue for a while but it was just a bit too dressy..

Shame this one has a shimmer rather than more flat/matt.. appears to take away some of the toolish look.. awaiting more pics and hopefully see one in the flesh..

Wonder how long until we get a blue one.. I think that’s the one to hold out for..

When the BB58 blue was announced I called up my local dealer, Burrells in Winchester, and they called back a little later to invite me to pay in full but to accept that I was twelth or fifteenth or something on the list and they didn't have a clue when the watch would arrive, but potentially anything up to a year later. This is the nonsense that put me off Rolex, so I declined, safe in the knowledge there'd be loads kicking around after a year or two (see Tudor GMT). I wandered into Burrells the other day, asked if they had the 39 or FXD for me to try on, the saleswoman just laughed at me. That's that then, I'm not going to bother with them again. I'll leave it a while and they'll both appear somewhere for me to try on, whether it be when a friend buys one or the rush subsides and they appear in shop windows. Just not Burrells, stuff 'em.
    "A man of little significance"

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Foxy100 View Post
    When the BB58 blue was announced I called up my local dealer, Burrells in Winchester, and they called back a little later to invite me to pay in full but to accept that I was twelth or fifteenth or something on the list and they didn't have a clue when the watch would arrive, but potentially anything up to a year later. This is the nonsense that put me off Rolex, so I declined, safe in the knowledge there'd be loads kicking around after a year or two (see Tudor GMT). I wandered into Burrells the other day, asked if they had the 39 or FXD for me to try on, the saleswoman just laughed at me. That's that then, I'm not going to bother with them again. I'll leave it a while and they'll both appear somewhere for me to try on, whether it be when a friend buys one or the rush subsides and they appear in shop windows. Just not Burrells, stuff 'em.
    I do think some of these ADs are getting ahead of themselves. That is not very nice behaviour at all. We all know tougher financial times are around the corner so the over-demand and under-supply could reverse itself at which point the ADs who behave like this will surely be left bemused when their potential customers decide to buy elsewhere.

Slightly difference experience for me as I did try one this week. However, I don't think it is for me. The bracelet has a little more of a rattle to it that some other Tudor and it is very light, which I thought would be a good thing, but now not so sure. The clasp is a game changer but I don't think the overall package will work for me.

Had they released this exact model in steel I would have preferred it personally, but judging by this thread I am one of the only ones with that view!

Master
    Sadly it does seem like with any hard to get watch from any brand purchase history helps. There is never any excuse to laugh at a customer. Also, asking for full payment up front is ridiculous. I have always been asked for 10% deposit for Tudor’s which I am happy to pay. Shame your AD is pants.

Shocking way to treat someone looking to give you money. Doesn't matter if it's a £5 burger or a £3k watch that's truly sad from the retailer. I'd leave a Google review.

Shocking way to treat someone looking to give you money. Doesn't matter if it's a £5 burger or a £3k watch that's truly sad from the retailer. I'd leave a Google review.
    I just can't be bothered. Maybe they were laughing with embarrassment, who knows. But zero effort to attempt to treat me as a customer, even a potential customer. Or to look at it another way, zero attempt to build a relationship with me so I can give them a chance of selling me a watch.
    "A man of little significance"

22mm Erika’s - but I like the look enough so may buy a 21 mm. Can’t tell it’s wrong size on the wrist though.

Seems a bit shortsighted on their part.

They have a Tudor event on 16 September. How difficult would it have been to invite you to that, to give you an opportunity to try on the new models.

Journeyman
    Like these a lot. I managed to try one on in my local AD (Prestons in Guildford) along with the Ranger (which I did not like at all) but it was a ‘leave your name with us’ situation. I can understand for a Rolex but well annoying for a Tudor.

Might have to trawl a few London ADs when I am in the office for work but assume it’ll be similar everywhere? How long until they are easily available do we reckon?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by lostp View Post
    Like these a lot. I managed to try one on in my local AD (Prestons in Guildford) along with the Ranger (which I did not like at all) but it was a ‘leave your name with us’ situation. I can understand for a Rolex but well annoying for a Tudor.

Might have to trawl a few London ADs when I am in the office for work but assume it’ll be similar everywhere? How long until they are easily available do we reckon?
    It will be the same. You might get lucky and call an AD when someone has decided not to take the watch. Realistically though it could be many months, maybe even over a year. I am second with my local AD and has been almost 4 weeks not. The pants chrono is still wait listed.

Craftsman
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RustyBin5 View Post
    22mm Erika’s - but I like the look enough so may buy a 21 mm. Can’t tell it’s wrong size on the wrist though.
    Yeah I like that a lot too! I’m thinking of getting one for my 39mm. But awkward lug means only be for that watch as such. I think it looks fine on the 22mm on wrist.

The other thing you can do to help with look, is make the fold of the strap go under (towards wrist) and not up (facing you as it is in photo) which will make it look even better and not noticeable I think

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuno1 View Post
    It will be the same. You might get lucky and call an AD when someone has decided not to take the watch. Realistically though it could be many months, maybe even over a year. I am second with my local AD and has been almost 4 weeks not. The pants chrono is still wait listed.
    Ugh, ditched Rolex for this reason. Might just wait and see if they become available 'off the shelf' again. Can't be bothered with this crap for a watch :(

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by lostp View Post
    Ugh, ditched Rolex for this reason. Might just wait and see if they become available 'off the shelf' again. Can't be bothered with this crap for a watch :(
    Indeed. All brands seem to have this. I would love the new snoopy from omega but nope. It’s frustrating.

Craftsman
    I’m in 2 minds about the new Pelagos having had pretty much every variation of the original including the ETA. I also had the chance to try the new one at my local AD (naturally display only). I’m used to a Matt dial and bezel whereas the new sunburst look has turned it into more of a faux tool watch. Having said that ill probably end up buying one eventually !!!