closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 39mm Pelagos no-date!

Master

39mm Pelagos no-date!

This just popped up on my Instagram feed, looks pretty awesome! £3,500 and already thinking I might prefer this to my FXD...

https://www.tudorwatch.com/en/pelagos-39

Ant

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Looks lovely, but 39mm, bah.

Absolutely stunning! I love the FXD but if it's one or the other for you then this one is far more versatile.

- - - Updated - - -

I thought that at first but it looks a lot bigger on the models in the promo vids.

Quote Originally Posted by verv View Post
    Looks lovely, but 39mm, bah.

Like that. Pelagos is great but was always a bit big for me.
    Assume 20mm lugs (woo-hoo! The only size that is right!), although would love a date feature too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Just about perfect, well done them.
    Even a red line of script too......

Having worn a Sinn U1 for a few years, and the large planet ocean - even with nearly 9 inch wrists I find them a bit too cumbersome and heavy on a bracelet. Not really in terms of looks, more in terms of weight, comfort and practicality - getting banged in furniture, having to tuck it under a cuff etc. I decided to buy a decent Swiss watch earlier this year and I couldn’t decide between the Pelagos and the black bay 58. On the wrist the 58 - whilst smaller than I was used to - made more sense as a daily, whilst the Pelagos, whilst lovely, was too much like the U1 and PO in terms of size and I knew it would irritate after a while (there’s a reason they got flipped after all). This new model seems the best of both worlds - and I haven’t missed a date window at all by the way. Having owned a couple of CWC’s I know fixed bar/Nato watches aren’t my thing - so this looks great. I wonder if they’ll do a blue and a left hander?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That should be the success the big brother wasn't.

Shut up and TAKE MY MONEY!!!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by OldHooky View Post
    That should be the success the big brother wasn't.
    This. I have owned the regular Pelagos, but found the thickness and relative presence on the wrist to be too much for my taste. I picked up the FXD and wear it much of the time, but while I love the slimmed down height I'd prefer it closer to 40mm. I have owned the BB58 and liked the size, but too much gilt, minute hand extending beyond the dial markers, rose gold indices, yellow(er) gold hands etc just didn't work as a combo for me. This no-date 39mm Pelagos just might be the right-sized, more versatile (it's black and can wear a bracelet) alternative to the FXD for many people.

Ant

Liking this one. Not sure it would displace my Sinn U50 or BB58 at the moment, but certainly a contender for a slot in my tool watch category at some point.

Very nice. They’ve reduced water resistance to 200m so assume the case thickness has come down too (same thickness as the BB58 perhaps?).

Always felt the Pelagos had the sense of toolish purpose that the BB line lacked due to being vintage inspired. Only annoyance is the lack of date!

Tudor on fire at the moment in my opinion.
    Last edited by davidj54; 30th August 2022 at 12:52.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by davidj54 View Post
    Very nice. They’ve reduced water resistance to 39mm so assume the case thickness has come down too (same thickness as the BB58 perhaps?).
    11.8mm according to Tudor's Instagram post. That's 1mm less than the FXD for the same WR rating.

I think the bezel is more akin to the regular Pelagos with less-sharp teeth on the edge than the FXD. The crystal sits just above the bezel on the FXD though, so that can't be making the difference in height.

Ant

Master
    Did have a hankering for a Rolex no date sub but think I actually prefer the Tudor. Let’s hope there is decent availability.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by frp422 View Post
    11.8mm according to Tudor's Instagram post. That's 1mm less than the FXD for the same WR rating.

I think the bezel is more akin to the regular Pelagos with less-sharp teeth on the edge than the FXD. The crystal sits just above the bezel on the FXD though, so that can't be making the difference in height.

Ant
    I was going to say the crucial dimension for me and im sure many others will be the height. Under 12 and with the weight saving of titanium this could be a real winner. Might have to plan a trip to the AD to take a look.

I wonder if a blue will follow too or if they feel that's a little too close the the blue BB58
    Last edited by Rob s; 30th August 2022 at 12:55.

Journeyman
    Nice watch!

Good move by Tudor, and I'm impressed they're including the rubber strap and deployant in the price - especially since it looks so damn good on them.

Still prefer the aesthetics of the original Pelagos mind.

Nice enough but I can’t see me changing the original for this. Although I do like the lack of date.
    One of the attractions of the Pelagos for me is the stark, simple black and white nature of the original ETA version, there is no over embellishment, minimal text etc. Subsequent versions have moved away from this, too much text and colour on the dial.

Craftsman
    This is glorious news, and if it’s really 11.8mm thick I may need one. I’ve owned two Pelagi, and while I love the look and feel it’s just too big and bulky.

I’ve been struggling to get the blue BB58 out of my mind, doing all kinds of man maths and convincing myself that it’ll make me happy, but I can’t get over the faux rivets. Maybe this will push me off the fence.

I’m loving the return to < 40mm watches!

Whilst I could do with less dial text, that aside, this is close to perfect for my taste. 39mm, titanium, no date, not too thick, quick adjust in the clasp. I absolutely love my FXD and will be trying to get hold of one of these asap. This is going to be very popular.

Master
    I think this is awesome, and a decent price. But what always bugs me is…why will Tudor still not refinish titanium? Titanium is easy to refinish, but the (lovely) way they brush the Pelagos in a circular fashion really needs Tudor to re-do. And AFAIK they still won't...
    Last edited by redsox78; 30th August 2022 at 13:21.

Master
    from me.

I think that ticks just about every box for a self-confessed Tudor addict with skinny wrists like me. Now to see how I can get hold of one…

SOLD! If i designed my perfect watch it wouldn't be far off that

Can anyone lend me a couple of grand? Though I guess it'll be hard to get for a year or to anyway so I can start saving

Edit: Sunray dial isn't my favourite feature though
    Last edited by acg; 30th August 2022 at 14:10.

Craftsman
    The sun-ray bezel finishing looks very nice - in the photos.

Looks like another unobtainable winner from Tudor.

Love this. I prefer watches without a date complication. I hope they do a blue one.

Journeyman
    A great usable size, lets hope availability is not as bad as some other models have been on release but this one is going to be popular!

Andrew

Master
    Looks great and 39mm is perfect!

Master
    I like that. Lovely style, good thickness. Assume it will come on the Pelagos clasp and not t-fit clasp.

Comes with the t fit I understand

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Master
    Blog Entries
    Christ on a Brompton. Looks like it’s another tudor purchase for me.

This could almost be the perfect diver at reasonable money. I would rather the red text was a different colour though.

Confirmed

The Pelagos 39 model is supplied with an entirely satin-brushed titanium bracelet that is equipped with the TUDOR “T-fit” clasp for rapid length adjustment. Easy to use, requiring no tools and offering five positions, this system allows the wearer to carry out a fine, instant adjustment of the total length of the bracelet along an adjustment window of 8 millimetres. This clasp also has a 25-millimetre bracelet extension function to allow the watch to be worn over a wetsuit.

Second on the list. What a shame it's 39mm but I'll give it a go. Very keen on no date with a bracelet and the updated T Clasp.

Journeyman
    Absolute perfection for me!

The only thing that could change my mind would be a gilt-free 58 with a t-fit, but I don't think that's coming.

Journeyman
    Maybe the lists for the FXD will reduce now as people move over to this one.

Craftsman
    I hope they do a blue one soon

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiftingsideways View Post
    Maybe the lists for the FXD will reduce now as people move over to this one.
    Think you're right, but the FXD list may have already been reducing. A friend bought his just by walking in and asking (nobody on the list had said "yes" yet) and I read a recent post of a 6-week wait from enquiry to pick up.

Maybe the FXD will get discontinued after the initial hype...it seems much more niche now there's a slimmed down Pelagos with bracelet available.

Ant

I will buy this and sell my 2021 FXD.

Sent from my SM-F926B using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by jamiej View Post
    Comes with the t fit I understand

It does indeed. Just watched the promo. This is more than likely going to look too small on my wrists for my taste but I love it. Great design, great clasp, great thickness, love the bezel. The older one was too large for my taste and I never got on the with the clasp.

Craftsman
    Just popped in to my local AD (now second on "the list"), he believes they are releasing a black and blue version.
    Will need to work out if it will supersede my ETA version or if they can live in harmony together.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Flipping eck this looks amazing. T fit, 39mm case and sub 12mm thick with no date. I'm in! Oh wait, I can't afford it. Doh! Once funds get back to where they need to be I was planning on buying a bb58 but this Pelagos may beat it to the watch box. Bravo Tudor

Journeyman

Pelagos

Superb dial good choice

Craftsman
    Absolutely love this. Had been mulling over saving for a sub, much prefer this. More affordable too! Gorgeous looking watch.

Sent from my LE2123 using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Was never 100% sure about the FXD, but the 39mm Pelagos is pretty much my perfect diver.

All I can think though, is here we go again. Another wait list piece. It’s getting boring.
    Last edited by MartC; 4th September 2022 at 06:40.

Apprentice
    Got a call from my AD out of the blue earlier, I hadn’t even seen it was released so was very surprised. Collecting it Saturday morning.

I have an FXD MN21, first impressions make me think this might lead to me selling the FXD.

One cool feature I noticed is it looks like they have done the lume plots in the way they did on the BB Pro, as in they are a solid block of lume/ceramic rather than lume filled. I love this on the BB Pro so should look great on this.

I've been sticking to my Pelagos ETA because I like the dial more than the in-house version, with less text, and I might find it hard to get one back if I sold.

This one makes me think perhaps I could sell and if I ever wanted one with a clean dial to replace it I could go this way.

Interesting dilemma to have.

Quote Originally Posted by Taylor View Post
    Just popped in to my local AD (now second on "the list"), he believes they are releasing a black and blue version.
    Will need to work out if it will supersede my ETA version or if they can live in harmony together.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk
    I’m sure a blue will be along at some point but I doubt it will be at launch.

Ran down the nearest AD as early as I could today and am still number 11 on the wait list! This is going to be a long wait…she said maybe next year.

Master
    Nice release from Tudor, so they do know what we want!

Master
    Excellent release. Could just about tick all the boxes. Wonder if a date version may arrive at some point.

Journeyman
    Looks absolutely spot on to me!