closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: New Oris Divers Sixty Five Caliber 400

New Oris Divers Sixty Five Caliber 400

Oris just released a Divers 65 with a 12 hour bezel insert and the new in-house movement. Nothing revolutionary but it looks pretty sharp in black, I think. RRP of £2750 but I guess you'll be able to get the usual 15-20% Oris discount if you shop around which makes it a bit more competitive.

Sent from my LE2113 using Tapatalk

Agreed that it looks good. I just can’t get my head around the price. The Divers 65 feels really flimsily put together. It’s very charming in a vintage-mimicking, more affordable watch but not so sure about this one.

I appreciate the movement is worth an uplift but the rest of the watch doesn’t feel like a ~3k watch. IMO, they need to update everything to justify the price, including bezel action, seals and water resistance, etc…

I think Yema did something along those lines with their superman 500. The same, but better.

Master
    There’s definitely something appealing about this one, particularly on leather (avoiding the faux-vintage faux-rivet bracelet) and in decent photos… though you can never tell if you’re looking at a photo or CGI these days, as CGI is hyper-realistic are photos are hyper-retouched. Nice movement, minimal and pleasingly balanced styling, and the final detail that does it for me is a practical 12 hour bezel instead of a diving bezel you will never use. Not only is it useful for GMT and parking meters, it looks subtly sharper too.

https://www.fratellowatches.com/intr...-pearl-models/

Quote Originally Posted by Idontgram View Post
    Agreed that it looks good. I just can’t get my head around the price. The Divers 65 feels really flimsily put together. It’s very charming in a vintage-mimicking, more affordable watch but not so sure about this one.

I appreciate the movement is worth an uplift but the rest of the watch doesn’t feel like a ~3k watch. IMO, they need to update everything to justify the price, including bezel action, seals and water resistance, etc…

I think Yema did something along those lines with their superman 500. The same, but better.
    My first thought as well.

The Yema has an in house movement and it can be bought for around £1000.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

Master

Completely agree. Lovely watch but feels over priced as a package.

Journeyman
    I'm very interested in this. Will be good to get one on the wrist and see what discounts are possible.

I've owned and handled Oris divers and am a mite amazed to see any of them described as 'flimsy'!
    Compared with the supposed best-of-the-best, the Aquis in particular felt the superior watch in all tactile senses. Its sole shortcoming - a bought-in movement - was forgivable given it was retailing at 1/3 the price of the Usual Suspects at the time.

The Divers 65 is a slim watch with a fairly narrow bezel, quite slinky lugs and a lower depth rating than many pointlessly hyperbolic specimens. All quite deliberate, and part of its appeal to those wanting something sleeker and easier-to-wear.

I'll not judge this watch's quality until I've handled it, suspect it will actually be rather more than just an existing model with an in-house movement (with a 10-year guarantee / service interval - which BTW is pretty damned impressive! ... Gibber, rant, foam etc...)

Why does a dive watch need a date window?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ozzyb123 View Post
    Why does a dive watch need a date window?

Because 0 people will dive with it? You knew the answer really

Don’t divers need to know the date then?? I never understand that question tbh. Some people like a date window whether they are diving or not - and the date window on this Oris is much more subtle than most - even that old stalwart the Submariner Date

I had a Yema Superman a year or 2 back, and it was totally naff. It felt very cheap indeed.
    I sold it as quickly as possible.

No idea on this Oris, but the few others I have handled, and the Aquis I bought for my other half, have always seemed very well put together with nothing flimsy at all about them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro