If there is a final exit that is...........

I long ago came to terms with my drive to hyper-fixate on things. The final bit of this understanding came about when I was identified in my 50's as being Autistic. That's a whole other subject though......

As I have reached a position of relative calm, stability and acceptance in my life then I find that my interests and certainly my specific intense interests are less focused on material things. Sure, I continue to seem a little different to the norm by the way that I remain compelled to acquire things I like in multiples (from electric razors to shoulder bags - I find it difficult not to enter a '2' in the Amazon order box!) - however the multiples have decreased and as I have said the material is far less important to me now that it was. My intense focus has gradually shifted more to my work (I am an NHS diagnostician for neurodevelopmental conditions), voluntary work (NAS, youth art projects), more appropriate relationships and a variety or arts and outdoor pursuits.

Which brings me to more rumination on watches. Although I have had a more than a passing interest in most of my life, its only the past 20 years that I they have been a particular interest. I think that this moved into a higher gear when I joined this forum but that could be said of quite of few people here I think.

During this time my focus has followed particular themes including modified Vostoks, space watches and vintage pieces. Highlights have included the Explorer 1, classic Speedmaster and vintage Seamaster,

There have been numerous attempts to get down to one watch and leave the merry go round of flipping and obsessing over the next illogical trinket......

About 18 months ago I did manage to get down to one which until a few months ago was working very well. In this case a CWCT20

However, it never felt totally right as a) even though it was bottom end in comparison to most of the things you guys like it was still too much value wrapped up in what I have increasingly concluded should be a disposable or inconsequential commodity and b) it was a difficult piece to integrate into my need for multiples - I certainly wasn't going to buy a 2nd one.

Then, something happened - I spotted a new low end Casio. It immediately remined me of the ultra rare Omega Speedmaster 186.0004 and this set my mind in motion.

As regards the 186.0004, well you either know or you dont. But its the one watch that haunts my dreams. I owned two at one point. Now even rarer and impossible to buy for less than 1K I know that I will never own another......

OK, the Casio isnt the same - but to me it had the same vibe about it and can be had for 26GBP from Amazon

So taken was I with this I bought a gold coloured version which in a kind of tasteless way I absolutely love

And at this price multiples are no problem at all

So the T20 has now gone and I am left with a few cheap Casio's that I am hoping will see me out.......

And so closes that chapter.

This post is important to me as its a kind of message to myself and fulfils my need to complete all steps in a process. If its of some passing interest to anyone else then thats a bonus I guess.

Ive net some lovely, kind souls on here and at times its been a great place to spend time on. However, its now time for me to move on I think.

Live long and prosper all!