closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Omega price rises

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by McBeardy View Post
    Breitling maybe, (not a sure) for the same RRP as Tudor only ETA.

Oris - in house movement I think the same price. But their ETA/ Sellita not far off Tudor REP.

Tag all Sellita and divers just below Tudor RRP.

Bremont again Sellita and higher price I think that Tudor.

Now the in-house/ Sellita/ ETA argument has is pros & cons. But you cannot argue with the VFM on what Tudor offer with their in house (Kinesse) divers. Power reserve etc.

Yes Swatch group offer 70 & 80hrs at a much lower price and also lower VPH.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app
    Don’t disagree with any of that but quality and price wise there is not much if anything in it depending on the watch you look at from each brand. The Rolex association plays a massive part in tudors success. Also in my experience of owning 4 Tudor’s only one was fine and didn’t have to be repaired for QC issues.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by robert75 View Post
    I understand, different experience. 2 Tudor watches I have owned have been excellent value for money with no issues, I like Breitling but think they are horribly overpriced. I have looked at quite a few Bremont and Oris and only the pointer date one interests me.

As someone else mentioned Tag, in fact the more other brands try and chase Rolex unicorns the more I actually like Tag, they know their customer base and sell at a price they know will sell well.
    Agree and I think the same of zenith, GS, GO, IWC and others.

I think the point made about Rolex being the aspirational watch is correct. Those who don’t know the first thing about watches want to own a Rolex and current hype around prices etc only helps that.

I have owned an Oris and the quality was superb, but the brand has dreadful residuals being anything up to 50% which puts most serial flippers off unless you can buy well in the first place. I do like the look of some of the Bremonts, but have never tried one.

I have owned several Omega and I struggle with the current prices, nice watches, but for that money there are other choices.

Master
    Thanks to everyone who has clarified points I was struggling to articulate. I find the whole "brand hierarchy" thing both fascinating and confusing. I have a DJ41 & a James Cameron - I love them both but my Tudor BB41 gets the majority of wrist time. The Rolex aren't bad watches but I love the BB41, I can read it easily without my glasses & nobody's going to stab me for it.
    I have a Speedmaster and a 2254 that are more likely to get wrist time than the Rolexes, not because the Rolexes are lesser watches but because the others are more legible, safer to wear & meet my requirement for individuality just as well.
    I have an El Primero & a Monaco, they also butter many parsnips but are hard to read without glasses.
    I guess the point I'm trying to make is that I have a lot of "good" watches according to the popular hierarchy but the one that does everything best, day in & day out, isn't the most expensive or desirable, it's the Tudor...

Would Longines sit anywhere within the talked about 'heirarchy'? They use the same ETA base movement and also have a heritage but seem to fly under the radar. Pricewise I think they offer pretty good value for money and the Hydroconquest ought to stand scrutiny against the Black Bay. What about the Tissot Seastar? Then there is the Christopher ward offerings, have they proved reliable and good quality? Or do they age quickly if worn?

Quote Originally Posted by davida View Post
    Couldn’t find any other mention of this but have been told increase on 1st September. Didn’t ask how much by.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I think this will be the 3rd time Omega have raised their prices in the past 12 months. Insane if you ask me.

Master
    It would be the third yes. I got my seamaster just before a rise in about October iirc, RRP on bracelet was £4350 at the time, so already up over 10%

Journeyman
    Same rumours abound in the Rolex camp. They’re usually true. Probably somewhere between 5 and 10 percent.

Oddly nothing on the Omega website……yet. Whereas Rolex, PP, AP are all showing their September 1st increases.

Master
    Price rises now showing for Omega. Or at least they are going through updating. Diver 300 now £4800 on rubber and £5100 on bracelet. NTTD on bracelet now £8600.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Mac View Post
    I’ve just been told the Planet Ocean is going up to £6100 so not a massive increase on that particular model.
    There we go, https://www.ernestjones.co.uk/websto...racelet+Watch/

Omega website hasn’t caught up yet.

Master
    No price rise for speedy?

Question

Quote Originally Posted by midgetda View Post
    Price rises now showing for Omega. Or at least they are going through updating. Diver 300 now £4800 on rubber and £5100 on bracelet. NTTD on bracelet now £8600.

Still showing all the "old" prices for me Lee;

https://www.omegawatches.com/en-gb/w...21090422001001

Must be a browser/cache issue I guess?
    Last edited by Gareth-W; 1st September 2022 at 09:47.

Quote Originally Posted by Stuno1 View Post
    No price rise for speedy?
    https://www.goldsmiths.co.uk/c/Brand...ns:Speedmaster

Thanks for the link. 5% increase on the standard Speedmaster Pro. Now £6k.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Gareth-W View Post
    Still showing all the "old" prices for me Lee;

https://www.omegawatches.com/en-gb/w...21090422001001

Must be a browser/cache issue I guess?
    If you click through to the watch the price rise shows on that page Gareth.

Omega price rises

Thanks for sharing; it looks like something is definitely happening with the Railmaster since the black and silver dial models on bracelet are now both showing as ‘Sorry, your choice is unavailable to purchase online for the time being. Join the wishlist and we’ll get back to you.’

Last edited by adg31; 1st September 2022 at 10:30.

They may as well have hiked prices by 1000% as £5-6k for bog standard machine manufactured watches is just talking the p1ss, and I have no interest in watches at this price point now.

A speedy or seamaster will cost way less than £500 for them to manufacture. That’s £5.5k of your hard earned for marketing, AD, profit etc.

Craftsman
    I was looking at watches on the Omega site about an hour ago and the prices hadn’t changed but then I went to a different section of the site and back to the watches page and saw that Seamasters amongst others have now increased!

Also the same on some AD sites I’ve checked!

Quote Originally Posted by midgetda View Post
    If you click through to the watch the price rise shows on that page Gareth.

Yes, apologies for the oversight there!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by noTAGlove View Post
    They may as well have hiked prices by 1000% as £5-6k for bog standard machine manufactured watches is just talking the p1ss, and I have no interest in watches at this price point now.

A speedy or seamaster will cost way less than £500 for them to manufacture. That’s £5.5k of your hard earned for marketing, AD, profit etc.
    Just like Rolex then?

Omega price rises

Quote Originally Posted by redsox78 View Post
    Just like Rolex then?
    Yep, not interested in them anymore either.

Master
    Yep, not interested in them anymore either.
    Fair doos! Respect your position :)

More robust operating margin figures for Omega/The Swatch Group could be calculated from these results, in the absence of the data that most people (that don't actually work for the company in question) would really know....;

https://www.swatchgroup.com/en/servi...y-figures-2021

It's highly improbable that any Omega (or Rolex) mass produced watch has a net unit cost of sub "£500" before the ancillary costs are added to the P&L.

Well. Without the marketing, an AD, and a profit motive…you wouldn’t know what to buy (or why) and there would be no one to sell it to you anyway?

...and for that reason

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Blog Entries
    At the risk of being contentious - the percentage increases are relatively small compared to other indices.
    “ Ford... you're turning into a penguin. Stop it.” HHGTTG