closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: UEFA Champions League 2022/23

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by TaketheCannoli View Post
    Exactly. I definitely know average EPL players when I see them and therefore do know what I’m talking about. Why you being so defensive? The players I’ve mentioned would all be upgraded by Klopp in a second if funds and players were available. Would you disagree?
    TAA would be upgraded in a second? Elliot is 19 and playing the CL, he has a very high ceiling.

Behave

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post

FWIW I thought Madrid clearly have quality but I think are a level below City, probably Bayern and maybe also Napoli as well. On that last note Italy have 3 sides in the quarter finals for the first time in a very long time.
    you could have said the same last year and not many would have disagreed re madrid, but yet here they are again.

I didn’t know he’s only 19 so that’s my bad. I would have put him at 24 ish so yes you’re right he’s doing bloody well in that case. Trent is a liability as a defender. So many goals they concede are down his side. He often doesn’t know where players are and is regularly out of position. Last year’s ECL final was
    lost by that kind of error. He fits well in Klopp’s formation but would he play at City, Bayern, Napoli or Madrid? Nope.

Quote Originally Posted by cyrusir View Post
    TAA would be upgraded in a second? Elliot is 19 and playing the CL, he has a very high ceiling.

Behave

Master
    I didn’t know he’s only 19 so that’s my bad. I would have put him at 24 ish so yes you’re right he’s doing bloody well in that case. Trent is a liability as a defender. So many goals they concede are down his side. He often doesn’t know where players are and is regularly out of position. Last year’s ECL final was
    lost by that kind of error. He fits well in Klopp’s formation but would he play at City, Bayern, Napoli or Madrid? Nope.
    id argue trent would fit in very well at city,

in any event to say he is not at that level is just wrong, he has won it all at 24, most of his career has been at that level, this season hasnt been his best, but as the saying goes class is permanent.

Quality from Rashford

Sent from my M2101K6G using Tapatalk

One of the all time great goals by Sporting there. Wow! Deserved too

Wow!

One of the all time great goals by Sporting there. Wow! Deserved too

Didnt spurs let one in like that years ago?

My bad it was Arsenal, scored by Nayim (ex Spurs) in the UEFA cup final to win it. Ouch!

Come on Saka!

I remember a young CR7 scoring one at Old Trafford against Porto.

Quote Originally Posted by xxnick1975 View Post

No, but Paul Robinson - our goalkeeper at the time - scored one from well inside our half. I think Ben Foster was in goal at the other end.
    Last edited by learningtofly; 16th March 2023 at 23:34.

https://youtu.be/mstUO7k2dk0

Great game this. Come on the Gunners

Probably deserved for Sporting over the 2 legs.

That’s interesting Ryan as I couldn’t separate them over the two legs. They now have no distractions for the EPL which can be a blessing.

Probably deserved for Sporting over the 2 legs.

That’s interesting Ryan as I couldn’t separate them over the two legs. They now have no distractions for the EPL which can be a blessing.
    Possibly but Sporting really took it to them tonight and outplayed Arsenal for long periods, even when Arsenal had a near 1st XI on after the subs.

In the shootout Ramsdale couldn't catch a cold!

Very unlucky. AFC better. Sporting's keeper the difference, he's had a great two games. Trossard should have buried it.

Last edited by xxnick1975; 17th March 2023 at 00:04.

Very unlucky. AFC better. Sporting's keeper the difference, he's had a great two games. Trossard should have buried it.

AFC better? What game were you watching?

I'm not sure about that I think their intensity and high press could have given them more goals and Ramsdale had to make some great saves. We were nowhere near our best, Sporting probably were closer to theirs and that's what happens. Same as when we lost to Everton - clearly we are a better side than them but if you let standards slip you get punished. Whole match up to extra time our passing was atrocious

Im really looking forward to the Ashes. I’ve got a couple of days at Old Trafford and one at Edgbaston to attend.
    Should be a good contest.

I'm guessing this isn't real!

Master
    A couple of mouth watering ties to look forward to.
    Napoli favourites after thar draw?

Yeah there’s some top teams left in it. Napoli or Madrid for me but would be good to see City win it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hood View Post

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Hood View Post
    I think Napoli could well make the final.

Quite fancy our chances vs Real Madrid tbh. Our record vs them is good aside from last season’s first leg.

I don’t care who we play if we make the semi finals but I think it will be as far as we get. Although I think we would have a better chance against Bayern than City.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hmmmm
    German Man United sack Nagelsmann . Tuchel already primed to take over .
    Very very strange goings on there.

Master
    That’s looking like City through to the semi finals then. Can’t see Bayern turning that around

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What a performance and what a second half. Just hope it’s nothing serious for De Bruyne.

Blog Entries
    A few scary moments - but what a victory against Bayern !

Still much work to do, but a great 1st leg for City

z

I’ve read that they were afraid Tuchel would go somewhere else before the end of the season so bit the bullet and made the change. I do wonder whether the same might happen at Newcastle actually. If for example Mancini became available and was willing to come….

Strong decision making, not sentiment, creates success.

Quote Originally Posted by thegoat View Post
    Hmmmm
    German Man United sack Nagelsmann . Tuchel already primed to take over .
    Very very strange goings on there.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Wonderful game of footie, enjoyed every minute.

I’ve read that they were afraid Tuchel would go somewhere else before the end of the season so bit the bullet and made the change. I do wonder whether the same might happen at Newcastle actually. If for example Mancini became available and was willing to come….

Strong decision making, not sentiment, creates success.
    Do you think Mancini would be a surefire upgrade on Howe? What Eddie has done is knit the team together and create unity, identity and cohesion and the risk of bringing another coach in is that you lose that. And Mancini is a good coach but IMHO not the top level coach on par with Klopp, Pep etc.

I'd stick with Howe - absolutely no reason to change at this stage and he's done a fantastic job.

I agree with you, I just wonder whether such a scenario might happen.

Do you think Mancini would be a surefire upgrade on Howe? What Eddie has done is knit the team together and create unity, identity and cohesion and the risk of bringing another coach in is that you lose that. And Mancini is a good coach but IMHO not the top level coach on par with Klopp, Pep etc.

I'd stick with Howe - absolutely no reason to change at this stage and he's done a fantastic job.

I agree with you, I just wonder whether such a scenario might happen.
    I’m a huge Mancini fan for what he did for City but he’d be a disaster in the Premier League now . He’s very divisive and I’d say he’s not at Howes level, never mind Peps .
    Great performance and atmosphere tonight . German Man United were the equal of City up until we got the third . After that , it wouldn’t have been unjust if we had got another three . Every player was superb .

I’m a huge Mancini fan for what he did for City but he’d be a disaster in the Premier League now . He’s very divisive and I’d say he’s not at Howes level, never mind Peps .
    Great performance and atmosphere tonight . German Man United were the equal of City up until we got the third . After that , it wouldn’t have been unjust if we had got another three . Every player was superb .
    This may sound ridiculous given City scored 3 but I actually thought City's defence were the best part of their side tonight. Ake has turned into some player and John Stones was elite tonight

This may sound ridiculous given City scored 3 but I actually thought City's defence were the best part of their side tonight. Ake has turned into some player and John Stones was elite tonight
    Can’t disagree
    From Dias’ block in the first ten minutes to Akes clearing header in the 93rd , the back 3 along with Stones , Rodri and the keeper were outstanding.
    Dias is back to his absolute best and it’s a joy to watch .

Master
    Agree regarding Ake, what a player he looks has to be something to do with Pep surely.

Master
    Blog Entries
    There were some fantastic performances from individual players last night, but overall the togetherness led to a great team performance best I have seen in a long time. Hope they go on and win it now.

They’re just a phenomenal team. Ability, hunger, fight, organisation and togetherness. Awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by hilly10 View Post
    There were some fantastic performances from individual players last night, but overall the togetherness led to a great team performance best I have seen in a long time. Hope they go on and win it now.

Master
    Was a pleasure to watch two teams at the peak of there powers last night, munich are an institution and always show up and I was hoping for a thriller and wasnt dissapointed - very few teams have more possession than city and small details decided the game mainly a defensive masterclass from city and tactical genius from Pep in the 2nd half making small tweaks to turn the game in there favour and they punished munich, 3-0 looks comfortable but it was in the balance for long periods and the game was decided in the boxes that really made the difference city clinical and munich denied by a team throwing everything on the line to defend there goal,

As has been mentioned below Ake and Akanji I thought were ace but turning Stones into a bll playing cm is yet again another master stroke from pep - Oh and Silva is some player another masterstroke from Pep giving him the nod

Our treble in 99 is under serious threat but if ever a team deserves to go on and win it - hard to argue against this city side and what Pep has done there
    Last edited by R0bertb00th; 12th April 2023 at 13:49.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by R0bertb00th View Post
    Was a pleasure to watch two teams at the peak of there powers last night, munich are an institution and always show up and I was hoping for a thriller and wasnt dissapointed - very few teams have more possession than city and small details decided the game mainly a defensive masterclass from city and tactical genius from Pep in the 2nd half making small tweaks to turn the game in there favour and they punished munich, 3-0 looks comfortable but it was in the balance for long periods and the game was decided in the boxes that really made the difference city clinical and munich denied by a team throwing everything on the line to defend there goal,

As has been mentioned below Ake and Akanji I thought were ace but turning Stones into a bll playing cm is yet again another master stroke from pep - Oh and Silva is some player another masterstroke from Pep giving him the nod

Our treble in 99 is under serious threat but if ever a team deserves to go on and win it - hard to argue against this city side and what Pep has done there

Don’t forget Jack, he as totally transformed this last two months, Pep has certainly got him right.

Master
    . German Man United.
    Setting aside I’ve never encountered a grown up to use as many names/slurs towards football teams t(hat are not the one you follow) as yourself, why is Bayern the German Man Utd?

I’ve honestly never heard that before

Quote Originally Posted by demonloop View Post
    Setting aside I’ve never encountered a grown up to use as many names/slurs towards football teams t(hat are not the one you follow) as yourself, why is Bayern the German Man Utd?

Funny enough I’ve heard Bayern described as the German ManU before, by supporters of other German teams whenever I’ve been to Germany following Chelsea. It’s because they are perceived to have lots of plastic supporters.

Quote Originally Posted by demonloop View Post

Where are these slurs you mention ?
    But, as vic points out , there’s a lot of similarities between the two sets of fans of the teams and I thought it was a fairly well known term of endearment. The actual football teams are poles apart but you don’t need me to tell you that .
    Apologies if it offends .

Master
    Where are these slurs you mention ?
    But, as vic points out , there’s a lot of similarities between the two sets of fans of the teams and I thought it was a fairly well known term of endearment. The actual football teams are poles apart but you don’t need me to tell you that .
    Apologies if it offends .
    No, no offence, just never heard it before. And my business is primarily a business importing from Germany, so I’ve endless contacts there.

How was there no time added on in that first half? Surely at least a minute for Benzema's goal?!!?

Tough watch this for Chelsea fans. Hang in there lads

Tough now with Chilwell dismissed .
    Felt sorry for him , covering for Cucurellas cock up

Rodrygo looks like Eddie Nketieh's twin!

Reece James looks like he couldn't give a toss