closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Best video door bell ?

Best video door bell ?

Hi all. Off on holiday next week and want to fit a reliable video door bell
    Before we go. Wireless if poss. For ease of install
    And will it cost a fortune when it keeps pinging your phone while in Spain ?
    Thanks

We’ve got a link to home doorbell, easy set up and wireless. Set up to 2 phones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is a thread somewhere about this. From experience I would avoid Ring and recommend Eufy. Cost would be data as alerts are through the app.

Master
    I’d highly recommend Eufy, free storage, easy set up, add on cameras are really good, low cost peace of mind.

Craftsman
    As I've already got a Blink camera system set up I went for their wireless doorbell camera at £49 and pleased with it so far.

Craftsman
    Had a Ring Pro for around 2 years, not one issue, works fine.

Master
    Another vote for Eufy. Went with that over Ring having seen a previous thread on here about them. Mine's wireless with rechargeable battery, and I've been pleasantly surprised how infrequently it needs charging. If you have a lot of passing traffic / pedestrians past your door I'd recommend setting it up so it only notifies you when the doorbell's pressed, otherwise you'll be getting pinged every few seconds..

Best (Google) for me but the wired one.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by gcleminson View Post
    Another vote for Eufy. Went with that over Ring having seen a previous thread on here about them. Mine's wireless with rechargeable battery, and I've been pleasantly surprised how infrequently it needs charging. If you have a lot of passing traffic / pedestrians past your door I'd recommend setting it up so it only notifies you when the doorbell's pressed, otherwise you'll be getting pinged every few seconds..
    I had this problem at the start, too many notifications etc…. You may already know but in the settings there is an option to change the perimeter zone, you can just draw a box covering your driveway for example, it will then only notify you when a human steps onto it, it also used to sometimes pick up car headlights, remedied this by dialling down the sensitivity. It took a little while to get the set up working for me but now works flawlessly.

Quote Originally Posted by hogthrob View Post
    I’m thinking of this one. But I have no spare ports left in my router for the. White box ?

We went for the Ring wired version as we have a socket nearby and ran the cable inside the double glazing, it works perfectly and has never missed a beat,

we know people who had the battery version and had problems, I don't know if the latest version is better

Ring doorbell is a great piece of kit and the app is easy to use. I also recently installed the Ring burglar alarm…really simple and once again simple to use via the app.

Master
    Blog Entries
    It's more of an ecosystem so an expensive option just for one doorbell, but I have this

https://store.ui.com/collections/uni...vc-g4-doorbell

No data charges...

Quote Originally Posted by lenlec View Post
    I’m thinking of this one. But I have no spare ports left in my router for the. White box ?
    It connects over wifi. Can't remember if you need to hard wire it for initial setup, but that would only be temperary anyway. It's controlled by a phone app.

Master
    Personally I don't think there are any bad ones. We've got a battery ring with spare and Blink cameras, 4 now lol.

Quote Originally Posted by ELD1970 View Post
    Ring doorbell is a great piece of kit and the app is easy to use. I also recently installed the Ring burglar alarm…really simple and once again simple to use via the app.

We did the exact same recently
    I have no complaints with the kit
    The picture quality from the door bell is fantastic.
    The app to work the alarm is fool proof (even for me)

Another vote for Ring. They’re on sale today on Amazon too. Don’t bother with the monthly subscription if you just want it for the doorbell notification and you’ll have zero ongoing costs.

I've had the Ring model since March and it has been fine and useful.

Craftsman
    Eufy here...cant fault it very reliable

Craftsman
    I have a Google Nest wired - but only because we have an almost entirely Google Home set-up (aside from Wi-Fi). It was a devil to get it workng with our TP Link Mesh system and took a lot of messing about and I'm (relatively) technical with things. I won't bore with the details.

Also, if you don't bother with the Nest subscription keep in mind that the functionality is fairly limited, I'm not sure how that works for the others here, but if you are considering the Google one I'd definitely do the research.

Craftsman
    We’ve had a couple of Ring doorbells and also the cameras, can’t fault them.

I noticed that Eufy now do a doorbell with two cameras, the usual one and also one that shows the floor below. I thought that would be quite useful for parcels.

Have both a nest wired and nest battery (for the back gate), both are excellent. Seem to get about 5 months out the of the battery. Had the first gen ring doorbell and it put me off, however I'm sure they're much better now.

Sent from my SM-S908B using Tapatalk

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by casbar View Post
    Had a Ring Pro for around 2 years, not one issue, works fine.
    Plus one works great with no problems at all

Best video door bell ?

Not convinced by video door bells. Friends who have them are constantly on their phone twitching at every update. I’m convinced it triggers some sort of nervous disposition.

Plus, since everyone has one, I’m sure the more nefarious visitors just avoid the front door.

Our doorbell is broke and I’ll be replacing it with a good old fashioned ringer

Quote Originally Posted by noTAGlove View Post
    Not convinced by video door bells. Friends who have them are constantly on their phone twitching at every update. I’m convinced it triggers some sort of nervous disposition.

Plus, since everyone has one, I’m sure the more nefarious visitors just avoid the front door.

Our doorbell is broke and I’ll be replacing it with a good old fashioned ringer
    It’s very easy to avoid that. With Ring you either turn off motion notifications and leave it as just a doorbell, or you fine-tune them to avoid the distractions you mention.

It’s no different to smartphones. Let every App and website send you notifications and you’ll go insane, so nobody does that, they’re selective and allow only what they care about. Unless they’re already a bit insane…

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by lenlec View Post
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/TP-Link-TL-...xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==

Craftsman
    Another vote for Ring, we have had a battery one for years without issue. Just bought a spare battery so always running

Quote Originally Posted by xpatx View Post
    As I've already got a Blink camera system set up I went for their wireless doorbell camera at £49 and pleased with it so far.
    These are on limited offer at Amazon for £39.99 (doorbell only).

Eufy….doorbell, light/ camera and additional camera for drive. Battery lasts ages and so far no issues (except one App update that lost everything which was annoying and only took 20 minutes to set up again)

Blog Entries
    Eufy dual cam is good and reliable…. Get a hub and you can add other bits too

Craftsman
    I am considering getting one of these but am curious if anyone knows the range of video doorbells at all? It’s just that if we’re in the garden, will the buzzer thing work?

Alternatively, I’ve seen other types of cameras with microphones that can act as a doorbell for when someone isn’t inside the house?

Any feedback greatly appreciated as always

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    I subscribe to Which and they keep harping on about that video door bells and remote central heating controls are easy for hackers to break into. They don't say "do not buy the things" but there is this implication that they put your system at risk and that does worry me.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike2500 View Post
    I am considering getting one of these but am curious if anyone knows the range of video doorbells at all? It’s just that if we’re in the garden, will the buzzer thing work?

Alternatively, I’ve seen other types of cameras with microphones that can act as a doorbell for when someone isn’t inside the house?

Any feedback greatly appreciated as always

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app
    Eufy pings your phone - If the doorbell rings, it rings on your phone too, wherever you are.

Might be interesting if it happened in a public convenience.

Eufy?
    I wouldn’t
    They’ve lied to customers about data security, and when found out they simply changed their privacy policy to remove the requirements to protect the data!!

https://www.zdnet.com/google-amp/hom...rity-concerns/

Quote Originally Posted by robcuk View Post
    Eufy?
    I wouldn’t
    They’ve lied to customers about data security, and when found out they simply changed their privacy policy to remove the requirements to protect the data!!

https://www.zdnet.com/google-amp/hom...rity-concerns/

No worse than any alternative like Ring, are they?

Much worse. For something so sensitive, transparency is everything. To lie about it for so long is worse than just being stupid or ignorant about your own product.

Exactly why I wouldn’t touch Eufy or Ring.

Master
    For info : Amazon doing upto 41% off Ring devices today.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Personally I'd just get reolink camera. Loads cheaper and better imho.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Amazon have the Blink ones on offer again.

Quote Originally Posted by Middo View Post
    Amazon have the Blink ones on offer again.
    If you get the blink model, the sync module accepts a USB stick so you don't need to pay for cloud storage.
    I've never had any issues and works well.