closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Bosch ??? Fridge Freezer

Master

Bosch ??? Fridge Freezer

My old fridge freezer went the journey, so I ordered a Bosch replacement. I have used Bosch products for years for their solid build and reliability. They are now made in China!!! It is a fraction of the weight of the old one. So much so that it moves as you pull the door to open it. The seal is good! To carry it over my new kitchen floor, the guys just pushed upwards on the sides and it lifted off the ground! The internal boxes and plastics are really flimsy and I expect that they could crack or break when fully loaded. Will I get another Bosch product? Not if it is made in China!

I'm a big fan of Samsung domestic appliances.

Most are made in China, but at least not playing on the "German brand- German quality"

Master
    Blog Entries
    Wait till everything starts getting made in India.

We have a Samsung oven but would never buy another.
    Quality, ergonomics and availability/price of spare parts is nothing like the NEFF it replaced. Will he buying German again in future.

Master
    Bosch, Siemens and Neff are all part of the same (BSH) group so best considered as a range spanning all price points.

Craftsman
    Not sure I subscribe to the automatic "made in China? No thanks" point of view. Most electronic things are made in China, including the iPhone. It all depends on the QA in place.

Quote Originally Posted by TomGW View Post
    Bosch, Siemens and Neff are all part of the same (BSH) group so best considered as a range spanning all price points.
    Don't buy this.

What about Mini, BMW and RR? I'd say they are best considered different products.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Ares View Post
    Not sure I subscribe to the automatic "made in China? No thanks" point of view. Most electronic things are made in China, including the iPhone. It all depends on the QA in place.
    I am speaking purely from my own experience of products with a "Made in China" or "Made in PRC" label. They include tools, car related products, electrical goods (loose and exposed wiring) and domestic appliances. Some of the car spares were actually dangerous, with poor or missing welds (suspension assemblies), over-large working tolerances (track rod ends and steering assemblies) and lack of lubrication (dry wheel bearings!). Plastic products seem to go very brittle in a very short time, leading to premature failure.

Quote Originally Posted by tixntox View Post
    I am speaking purely from my own experience of products with a "Made in China" or "Made in PRC" label. They include tools, car related products, electrical goods (loose and exposed wiring) and domestic appliances. Some of the car spares were actually dangerous, with poor or missing welds (suspension assemblies), over-large working tolerances (track rod ends and steering assemblies) and lack of lubrication (dry wheel bearings!). Plastic products seem to go very brittle in a very short time, leading to premature failure.
    Products from an unknown Chinese company are very different to those from a Western or Korean company with a factory in China. (Or even a well-known Chinese one - can only think of Huawei.)

China can make anything to any quality.

If you have crap Chinese goods, it's because someone ordered crap Chinese goods to meet a particular price point.

I wouldn't touch Samsung with a bargepole, we have a very expensive fridge, it is under guarantee, the plastic around the Ice dispenser has cracked (it is a manufacturing defect) and the fridge is leaking, the door will have to be replaced, Samsung say that this is cosmetic and not covered by warranty, I would never ever buy a Samsung product again, they are a bunch of lying cheating scheming crooks, their so called customer services told me that if a TV set cracked all the way across but still worked it wouldn't be covered by warranty and would be considered cosmetic.

https://www.samsung.com/ie/refrigera...f56m9540sr-eu/
    Last edited by adrianw; 25th August 2022 at 12:28.

Craftsman
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by adrianw View Post
    I wouldn't touch Samsung with a bargepole, we have a very expensive fridge, it is under guarantee, the plastic around the Ice dispenser has cracked (it is a manufacturing defect) and the fridge is leaking, the door will have to be replaced, Samsung say that this is cosmetic and not covered by warranty, I would never ever buy a Samsung product again, they are a bunch of lying cheating scheming crooks, their so called customer services told me that if a TV set cracked all the way across but still worked it wouldn't be covered by warranty and would be considered cosmetic.

https://www.samsung.com/ie/refrigera...f56m9540sr-eu/
    As mentioned in a previous thread we've just had a disastrous experience with a Samsung fridge freezer, their customer service was to say the least quite frustrating to deal with.
    According to my son they make good phones but I wouldn't go near them again for a large electrical appliance

Craftsman
    I have a brand new Chinese fridge. Cheap but bloody noisy for some reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Spike View Post
    As mentioned in a previous thread we've just had a disastrous experience with a Samsung fridge freezer, their customer service was to say the least quite frustrating to deal with.
    According to my son they make good phones but I wouldn't go near them again for a large electrical appliance
    I guess you only find out how good after-sales is................ when you have to use it.

As yet - I have not had cause to, but have 2 big fridge/freezers, had 2 microwaves.

Master
    When I worked in a Honda dealer we could country of manufacture by looking at the pdi report, Japan built, small report, China built, big report and a big list for the parts dept order, we knew which cars were likely to come back with warranty issues, now if I see PRC or made in China I’ll avoid if at all possible, supposing it costs more.

Bosch ??? Fridge Freezer

We had a Bosch washing machine and condenser dryer, the washing machine lasted some 16 years and was eventually replaced as the motor brushes had gone and the bearing had worn so was noisier than normal. The condenser dryer is still going, again is not as quiet it used to be.

With this in mind I recently purchased a Bosch cooker hood, this thing is so flimsy even when fully assembled and I seriously thought I was going break the damned thing whilst installing it as it was flexing all over the place. Again it was a replacement and the old hood was built so much sturdier and so much quieter.

So there a time where there were differing ranges within Bosch appliances, the cheapest were made cheaply but beyond mid range they were built to last but from my experience this is no longer true.
    Last edited by IAmATeaf; 25th August 2022 at 20:14.

Craftsman
    Yep, sounds familiar... I had a Bosch Fridge Freezer which gave good service, so I simply replaced it with the current equivalent of the same thing. I was stunned.. the quality had gone totally backwards to the extent that it was pretty clear on fiinish before you got to the technical components. That came as a real surprise to me. It didn't last and I flitted to Samsung for the next Fridge which has been really good quality.
    I also ditched them for Washing Machines and went to LG. Impressed with that too. I don't make any more assumptions that yesterday's quality means the same today and try and do a bit of research now when buying items. What's in a name, eh?

Craftsman
    I had a Hotpoint Fridge Freezer purchased over eight years ago, which seemed very well built and sturdy etc. I’m not sure where it was built though I’m afraid?

I know some people who have bought Beko Fridge Freezers, which I believe were made in Turkey and have only said good things about them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Bosch and AEG I generally trust to be quality and last ages.