closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Subdial and Patek 3919

Craftsman

Subdial and Patek 3919

On Monday I saw a PP 6119 advertised on the Subdial watches website. The price was very reasonable and so I enquired as to whether they would take my 3919 in part exchange. I only need one Calatrava. That evening at 5.40 I received a reply stating that "the 3919 is not a model that we currently support" and would therefore not accept it in px. The following morning at 10.00 I replied stating that I was still interested in the watch and at 1.00pm I heard back from them saying that since we last spoke the watch had been reserved for another buyer.
    My question is, why is a model like the 3919 not acceptable and why could they not have put the watch on hold after my 10 am email?
    It's not the end of the World and won't cause me sleepless nights but would be nice to know.

Did you ask them to put it on hold for you? It sounds like the other buyer committed to the purchase before you did. As for not wanting your watch, I’d suggest they know their market very well and yours maybe isn’t in demand.

Blog Entries
    Maybe the other buyer purchased it between 5.40pm the evening before and 10am the next morning?

Master
    Blog Entries
    Unless you specifically asked them to put it on hold, they are reasonable in assuming there's no commitment from either party and no reason to tell every employee not to sell it or to take it off the website.

From their perspective - you could have been financially unable to complete unless you had a p/x accepted. It's annoying I know, but not Subdial's fault imo.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    We dont put on hold unless a deposit has been paid.

If we put every watch on hold that people expressed an interest in or requested a non deposit "can you hold until.." we'd tie up most of our stock.
    Priority goes to there and then buyers, which isnt unreasonable imo.

Craftsman
    I can certainly understand their point of view and would have no problem dealing with them in the future. Just a little frustrating.