closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Rolex Explorer 11 Polar 216570

Rolex Explorer 11 Polar 216570

Guys
    Looking to sell this, any suggestions for the best place to go to for a good sale price? Many Thanks.

Master
    Normally, I'd say Watchfinder are a good bet but they recently gave me a dreadful px offer on my 16600. Rather than just ignore their email, I felt compelled to reply and tell them to go poke it.

Craftsman
    ...any suggestions for the best place to go to for a good sale price?
    I'd say the Sales Corner on this forum.

I've sold and P/X'd watches on eBay, and Watchfinder and tried to sell an Omega Planet Ocean on C24.

And I gotta say...

...In my experience it sucks.

There are always some fees to pay that work out more than you thought they would.

If it were me...

...I'd go to eBay and Watchcollecting.com and check the 'SOLD' listings to see how much a Rolex Explorer 11 Polar 216570 actually sells for - I had a quick look on watchcollecting.com and you can see the results --> Here <--

Bear in mind the Buyer pays the fees on Watchcollector (minimum of £600).

Another option would be to try SubDial.

When Watchfinder offered me half of what I paid them for a Tudor Pelagos, SubDial were considerably better.

YMMV.

Bottom line: See what your watch actually sells for (try to compare like for like, age, condition, papers etc) and then see which platform will allow you to sell it (with a high probability) and pay the lowest fees.

Should keep you out of trouble for a while =)

Quote Originally Posted by Samlack99 View Post
    I'd say the Sales Corner on this forum.

I've sold and P/X'd watches on eBay, and Watchfinder and tried to sell an Omega Planet Ocean on C24.

And I gotta say...

...In my experience it sucks.

There are always some fees to pay that work out more than you thought they would.

If it were me...

...I'd go to eBay and Watchcollecting.com and check the 'SOLD' listings to see how much a Rolex Explorer 11 Polar 216570 actually sells for - I had a quick look on watchcollecting.com and you can see the results --> Here <--

Bear in mind the Buyer pays the fees on Watchcollector (minimum of £600).

Another option would be to try SubDial.

When Watchfinder offered me half of what I paid them for a Tudor Pelagos, SubDial were considerably better.

YMMV.

Bottom line: See what your watch actually sells for (try to compare like for like, age, condition, papers etc) and then see which platform will allow you to sell it (with a high probability) and pay the lowest fees.

Should keep you out of trouble for a while =)
    Many thanks, trying subdial.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by PD1 View Post
    Many thanks, trying subdial.
    You're welcome.

I hope you get what you're looking for =)

Master
    Why not list it on SC?

They may not have the posts to do so. Despite being a forum member for a looonnnggg time, and having bought many watches on SC (thank your sellers and Eddie), I’ve still not cracked the number of posts needed to sell. That being said this post has just helped me out with a +1 to that count! I’m getting there!!!!

So, my post above is off the mark. They have the numbers for SC (I should have checked before posting above). That being said … +2 to my post count in one day. I may need a lie down.

Quote Originally Posted by Merod View Post
    They may not have the posts to do so. Despite being a forum member for a looonnnggg time, and having bought many watches on SC (thank your sellers and Eddie), I’ve still not cracked the number of posts needed to sell. That being said this post has just helped me out with a +1 to that count! I’m getting there!!!!
    Help Kerry out on the Worlde thread and you'll be there in no time.

Quote Originally Posted by Merod View Post
    So, my post above is off the mark. They have the numbers for SC (I should have checked before posting above). That being said … +2 to my post count in one day. I may need a lie down.
    Fecking speed poster...