closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Rolex Service With Crown & Crystal

Craftsman

Rolex Service With Crown & Crystal

Hi everyone,
    Asking for a friend. He’s got a 2010 14060M & just been quoted over the phone £600 for service, but they’re apparently pushing to replace crown & crystal, bearing in mind they’ve not seen it. Should he get those additional bits done or will they be optional once Rolex see it?
    Any help appreciated :)
    Ta,
    Steve

Quote Originally Posted by HJ. View Post
    Hi everyone,
    Asking for a friend. He’s got a 2010 14060M & just been quoted over the phone £600 for service, but they’re apparently pushing to replace crown & crystal, bearing in mind they’ve not seen it. Should he get those additional bits done or will they be optional once Rolex see it?
    Any help appreciated :)
    Ta,
    Steve
    Who is ‘they’?

I have put watches into the AD, they sent off to RSC - who come back with a list of optionals and essentials. AD phoned me to decide/approve what is optional.

RSC, if there is the slightest mark on the crystal will class that as essential. Likewise the crown if marked. Crown is cheap though. Might require a rotor too, as that seems to be a common one they charge for.

Could be £730 in total.

Grand Master
    Unless the crystal has significant damage there’s no reason to replace it. The crown is a different matter, that has to be right to guarantee the water resistance. I suspect Rolex won ‘t replace seals in the crown, it’ll be a new crown solely on the basis of the age. In their defence, they’re safeguarding the watch for the next several years so there is some sense to this.

Craftsman
    Thanks guys.
    ‘They’ is the local AD in Bath
    I’ll relay the info back. Much appreciated.