closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Problems with iPhone passcode

Craftsman

Problems with iPhone passcode

Is anyone else having issues with their iPhone passcode today?

I have 2 iPhones which both have 6 digit passcodes enabled. I know I am entering the correct code but both are giving an invalid passcode message.

They were fine yesterday!

Fortunately, the one I use most also has touch recognition, which is working fine. But at some point I will need to enter the passcode to unlock the phone. I am currently backing it up!

Help!

Most likely explanation is you're entering the wrong code. Worth having a rethink to ensure you're not simply putting a different code into the phone (i.e. your bank card pin etc).

Second most likely explanation is someone with access to the devices has changed the code and forgotten to tell you. No idea if that's relevant in your scenario.

I'd say the third most likely explanation is that you've inadvertently stepped into an alternate reality and the version of you in this universe used a different code.

Then in distant fourth I'd place the possibility of two iPhones just happening to experience the same passcode error at the same time.

Apparently this sometimes happens after updates - a suggested fix is to power the phone off and then retry it. Quite a few suggestions courtesy of Google.

Craftsman
    Have you mistakenly swapped the passcodes between the two phones?

Craftsman
    Both now sorted!

One I was able to recover by doing a soft reset, the other I had to erase and re-install from my icloud backup.