closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Spring bars, Natos and the BB58

Spring bars, Natos and the BB58

So I’m toying with the idea of trying a NATO on my black dial BB58 - not the OEM version for 2 reasons, namely silly money for a strip of nylon, and more importantly I don’t think they’re long enough for my wrists.
    I have 2 questions really - firstly does anyone have recommendations for a single pass Nato in the style of the ‘black with a brown stripe’ at around £30 and available for delivery in the UK? And secondly, do I need different spring bars as I have had experience of a nato ‘grabbing’ the lip of both bars and popping them out. The lack of case holes limits me I guess as i still need them to be removable. Any thoughts much appreciated!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just recently bought one of these and for the money, I’m very happy with it. It looks like they have what you’re looking for and should be able to deliver within your £30 budget:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/17519783168...mis&media=COPY

I bought one of these from Lunar Watch Straps on EBay. Think it was less than £25.00 delivered. Single pass, adjustable strap. Looks okay for the money.

Apologies for the poor pic. It’s a screen grab from my Instagram but gives you an idea. Oem springbars were fine as this nato is very soft and fabric quite supple. I’ve since opted for a Bark and Jack nato and noticed the springbars had started to bend a little. Had some spare heavy duty ones in the watch box which are more up to the task.

I fancied the crown and buckle but postage from the US and customs puts me off tbh - especially just for a strap. Surprised they don’t have a UK retailer really.

I had similar probs with springbars on a rubber strap, with it being flexible enough to grab the sprung lip and would pop the strap off easily.

I just went with straight springbars, designed for drilled lugs, and accepted I would need to snip the off when time came to change.
    No dramas. Couple of quid for bars and peace of mind.
    Decent set of snips and you can cut the bar in half once you are ready.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

If you fancy something similar but a little different, try a marine nationale, they're just as cool, just as secure, same military heritage but are more adjustable and come in many funky colour combinations. Another bonus is you can get 3 of them for £30... ;)

Oh, and they're completely classless by the way - my brother's Sub looks nearly as good on one as my Planet ocean does.... :D

Journeyman
    Second a marine national strap, so comfy to wear. I bought a couple of cheaper options on etsy at about 15 quid each and they are perfectly adequate, but then I bought a NDC MN strap and it's a different level if thickness and quality. But they're about 50 notes!.

Have a look on etsy and there's a few colour options. Does require pulling the spring bars to fit though unlike a nato

Quote Originally Posted by AndyPP View Post
    Second a marine national strap, so comfy to wear. I bought a couple of cheaper options on etsy at about 15 quid each and they are perfectly adequate, but then I bought a NDC MN strap and it's a different level if thickness and quality. But they're about 50 notes!.

Have a look on etsy and there's a few colour options. Does require pulling the spring bars to fit though unlike a nato
    You've got me looking now!

I’ve tried the elastic straps and not really a fan tbh - I don’t like the feel and I’m sure they’d make it very easy to steal the watch from your wrist. They also look like what they are, a strip of elastic - Truth be told I’ve got a drawer full of straps and I find a lot of NATO’s a bit too camping equipment/Millets! - the crown and buckle looks a bit nicer, more sophisticated dare I say.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by notenoughwrists View Post
    I had similar probs with springbars on a rubber strap, with it being flexible enough to grab the sprung lip and would pop the strap off easily.

I just went with straight springbars, designed for drilled lugs, and accepted I would need to snip the off when time came to change.
    No dramas. Couple of quid for bars and peace of mind.
    Decent set of snips and you can cut the bar in half once you are ready.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Any recommendations/ links for spring bars?

I wish the 58 had drilled lugs.