closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: New Baltic

Master

New Baltic

Maybe some reworking of their bicompax with a speedmasteresque timing markings

https://baltic-watches.com/en

Quote Originally Posted by Coot View Post
    Maybe some reworking of their bicompax with a speedmasteresque timing markings

https://baltic-watches.com/en
    I like what they did with the Aquascaphe dual-crown, so I will be interested to see how the new release shapes up.
    Last edited by Kitsan; 15th August 2022 at 17:37.

Don’t see many of any Baltic watches on the forum, does anyone actually have one? £600 for a pretty standard diver with a Miyota seems a bit steep.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by robert75 View Post
    Don’t see many of any Baltic watches on the forum, does anyone actually have one? £600 for a pretty standard diver with a Miyota seems a bit steep.
    I have the gilt blue aquascaphe. It is a nice size for my slim wrists and feels decent quality to me. Got it on the blue tropical rubber strap, which I do like, but I gather the beads of rice bracelet is well considered.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Craftsman
    I have the blue dual crown and green GMT, the latter on a BoR bracelet. I'm very happy with both and think they are nicely designed, good quality and they regulate the movement, so they are fairly accurate (+3 and +8 secs respectively.

I think price wise especially with the 20% duty, they are at the very top of what I'd pay. Only my personal opinion but I'd say they are better quality than Lorier and most Microbrands around £500, I'd say similar quality to Smiths but not quite in the same league as C Ward, and the Swiss brands around £1,000.

Journeyman
    Definitely looks like an external bezel which is new!
    I have owned 6/7 and can’t fault the quality - agree they are a cut above similar brands using Seagull and Miyota movements.
    Haven’t tried the dual crown or micro rotor models yet but will soon.

Journeyman
    I've always been interested in Baltic, but can't bring myself to pull the trigger on them. They just seem about 10-20% overpriced for the specs.

Interested to see this new model though.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by dbrickashaw View Post
    They just seem about 10-20% overpriced for the specs.
    This one seems to be about £2k, with some tat/extras thrown in.
    I'm still interested though, if it's not saucer sized.

Craftsman
    Always thought their Aquascaphe Titanium was pretty tasty...

Master
    Nothing on the main site yet, but this is it:

https://thehourmarkers.com/featuring...-motor-racing/

Master
    I love these

Craftsman
    Looks brilliant in my view

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

I think the watch looks pretty good and I was impressed by the quality of the Baltic x Revolution salmon dialled LE I used to have. However whilst the stopwatches look very cool, I wish you could buy the watch separately for less money. It's a nice set and ties in with the story behind the limited edition but I know the stopwatches would stay in the box unused.

Journeyman
    Really nice design, but the price and it being limited edition keep me away.

Agree with the above on the two stopwatches.

A nice photo of the dial from Revolution's Instagram

Sent from my LE2113 using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Do like the look of them, especially the fifty fathoms homages. Prices are a tad steep for me so never jumped in.

Quote Originally Posted by Coot View Post
    Nothing on the main site yet, but this is it:

https://thehourmarkers.com/featuring...-motor-racing/

very cool

New Baltic

Just secured one… look forward to it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And all sold out now!

Master
    At 38mm, too small for me. Why do so many microbrands produce case sizes at this dimension. A lot of watch wearers today have 'got used' to 40mm plus. I know many on the forum prefer this more modest size from a bygone age, but to me it limits their market IMHO. There are many micro's out there producing a nice looking watch, which draws my attention until I see the specs' at which point I turn off. 41-43mm is the way to go.......yes? And 34/36/38mm wearers will just have to try a bit harder, man-up!

Quote Originally Posted by Nealywheelie View Post
    At 38mm, too small for me. Why do so many microbrands produce case sizes at this dimension. A lot of watch wearers today have 'got used' to 40mm plus. I know many on the forum prefer this more modest size from a bygone age, but to me it limits their market IMHO. There are many micro's out there producing a nice looking watch, which draws my attention until I see the specs' at which point I turn off. 41-43mm is the way to go.......yes? And 34/36/38mm wearers will just have to try a bit harder, man-up!
    This is 39.5 mm I think

Its just great we all like different things, isn’t it? For me personally, anything above 40mm it’s just not as classy. Sub 40mm cases are just so right in proportions that are harder to achieve when you go bigger. More often than not, the watches just start looking clumsy. Obviously there are exceptions, for example my perfect (and you’re wrong if you disagree) Doxa Sub300 which is just stunning at 42mm. I think this Baltic looks great, nice catch Tommy!

Blog Entries
    At 38mm, too small for me. Why do so many microbrands produce case sizes at this dimension.
    Bigger was a trend (40mm --> 42mm --> 45mm, etc.). It's not gone away but there's a new trend for... I was going to say "smaller" but 38mm or even 36mm aren't really small by historical standards. I guess the new trend is for "modest" sizes.

If you're a vendor of watches you either make the trends or follow them (or both). Eddie has observed that his 36mm watches sell extraordinarily well (as we've all noticed when trying to buy them!), and he has some 38mm coming up too I think.

Master
    Point taken guys, perhaps I need to wear a sub 40mm watch for a few days to maybe get used too.

Journeyman
    Some great design on these, waiting for one to come up used to try.

If anyone wanted one of these and missed out, or wanted to spend a bit less on a set without the additional stopwatches, the Baltic owner has confirmed a non limited version (albeit with a different dial - presumably without the colours) will be released soon.

At 38mm, too small for me. Why do so many microbrands produce case sizes at this dimension.
    There is a huge market for medium sized watches! 36-40mm is a sweet spot for many and not just those with smaller wrists. I have 7.25” wrists and don’t dare wear anything over 42mm as it is maybe too showy, and certainly less comfortable

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by TH14TH14 View Post
    If anyone wanted one of these and missed out, or wanted to spend a bit less on a set without the additional stopwatches, the Baltic owner has confirmed a non limited version (albeit with a different dial - presumably without the colours) will be released soon.
    This is great news. I’m pretty sure they will keep the panda to LEs only but this watch could work with other dial colours - hopefully plainer subdials too!

Beautiful. The salmon Baltic version (MR01) is really nice

Sent from my iPad using TZ-UK mobile app