closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Rolex 126000 Tiffany Blue

Master

Rolex 126000 Tiffany Blue

I quite fancy one of these, but have never seen one in the flesh.

A few questions.

Does anyone on here own one, if so what are your thoughts on it, please?

Anyone who may be more knowledgeable than myself, what’s a realistic price to pay for one, particularly with the market prices allegedly softening? (I have checked the usual places online, but the prices are all over the place).

What’s the chances of getting one via a Rolex AD waiting list?

Is anyone considering selling one?

Thanks

Master
    Blog Entries
    It's a tough one to answer. The 126000 is less desirable than the 124300.

Don't bother with the Rolex AD it will be discontinued way before you have a chance of getting it, like the Yellow and Red one were and with the fact they sell for 300% over list means you won't get one.

Looking around I would be pushing to get one for £12k -£13k.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by JPCain86 View Post

Don't bother with the Rolex AD it will be discontinued way before you have a chance of getting it, like the Yellow and Red one were and with the fact they sell for 300% over list means you won't get one.

Thanks, I appreciate the reply.

Master
    Have you actually asked your AD they are available and coming through.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by shoppy View Post
    I messaged a few, one replied they are currently unavailable.

Craftsman
    I registered an interest for the turquoise watch as soon as they were released and was told to expect to wait a couple of years. Not long after that PP released their Tiffany 5711 and demand for the same coloured Rolex went through the roof. I have given up hope of getting one from the AD and refuse to pay the ridiculous prices being asked on the secondary market.

Master

Rolex 126000 Tiffany Blue

Watchcollecting sold one on their auction platform back in June for £15k that is more than 3x retail for a watch that is still in production, pretty crazy. I would agree that £12-13k should be possible soon if not now with some good haggling.

As a shameless plug for my watch sale, this one is more cool IMO and available for much less. Curiously I was at the Tiffany exhibition at the Saatchi gallery with my wife today, whilst the men do not have a thing for diamond generally, there was a long queue of women outside the door to see all the large diamonds.

Think most women prefer actual diamonds to a shade of baby blue associated with another brand, and it’s not Tiffany blue its just a shade of turquoise from Rolex, unlike the Tiffany Nautilus.

Since the 41mm 124300 was discontinued the demand for the 36mm 126000 has gone crazy so getting a new 36mm with that Tiffany dial is a very big ask.

Bound to be discontinued like the 41 at some point soon I guess.

Wondering why people with no interest in watches are on a watch forum?
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Antony23 View Post
    I quite fancy one of these, but have never seen one in the flesh.

A few questions.

Does anyone on here own one, if so what are your thoughts on it, please?

Anyone who may be more knowledgeable than myself, what’s a realistic price to pay for one, particularly with the market prices allegedly softening? (I have checked the usual places online, but the prices are all over the place).

What’s the chances of getting one via a Rolex AD waiting list?

Is anyone considering selling one?

Thanks

Anecdotally, I picked up a pink one for my wife a couple of weeks ago, it was an 8 month wait (it’s for her 50th Nov 2023, ordered Nov 2021 because I was told “up to 2 years”) Mrs RJM had set her heart on the pink however I asked the Q about the turquoise and he basically said forget it. Same AD has told me he can get me anything I want in a few months excluding a stainless Daytona or a BLRO…. I’m currently waiting for a Skydweller for myself that I ordered when I collected the OP which is for my 50th in February….. he reckons I’ll have that this year.

Craftsman
    My wife has one and loves it, I think it’s very clean, simple and classic that works anywhere.

I have small wrists and could wear it too, although I would have to add a link to make it fit, but given the trouble, I would rather put one of my watches on.

My wife would like the pink face too. My 13yr son loves the blue face and thinks he should have it :)

Master
    Thank you, appreciate everyone taking the time to rely.

Maybe I’ll stick with my 116000 and 214270.

Unless I have a moment of madness and sell both, to get the Tiffany Blue!
    Last edited by Antony23; 14th August 2022 at 21:59.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by coredriller View Post
    I registered an interest for the turquoise watch as soon as they were released and was told to expect to wait a couple of years. Not long after that PP released their Tiffany 5711 and demand for the same coloured Rolex went through the roof. I have given up hope of getting one from the AD and refuse to pay the ridiculous prices being asked on the secondary market.

That Tiffany PP5711 is stunning.

I wonder how much they’re going for, if you could get one.

Maybe I’ll sell my house to afford one and live in a converted VW Caddy!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Captaincook View Post
    My wife has one and loves it, I think it’s very clean, simple and classic that works anywhere.

I have small wrists and could wear it too, although I would have to add a link to make it fit, but given the trouble, I would rather put one of my watches on.

My wife would like the pink face too. My 13yr son loves the blue face and thinks he should have it :)
    How were you able to obtain one, if you don’t mind me asking?

Quote Originally Posted by Antony23 View Post
    That Tiffany PP5711 is stunning.

I wonder how much they’re going for, if you could get one.

Maybe I’ll sell my house to afford one and live in a converted VW Caddy!
    It would need to be a very big house you were selling..!

https://www.hodinkee.com/articles/pa...-new-york-2021

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by M1011 View Post
    It would need to be a very big house you were selling..!

https://www.hodinkee.com/articles/pa...-new-york-2021
    Wow, I never realised how much!

Around 2010 or so I was going to sell all my watches to scrape together about £11-12,000, for a used PP5711 blue dial. But, I thought it was a bit crazy for an average working class bloke like me.

I’m sure I’ve seen them advertised somewhere since, for £75,000.

If only, hindsight is a wonderful thing.

Mind you, these days I prefer the white, easier to read the time!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by RJM25R View Post
    Same AD has told me he can get me anything I want in a few months excluding a stainless Daytona or a BLRO…. I’m currently waiting for a Skydweller for myself that I ordered when I collected the OP which is for my 50th in February….. he reckons I’ll have that this year.
    Are you a big spender or do you have incriminating photos of the AD?!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Captaincook View Post

Thank you for the courtesy of the PM, Captain.

Cheers!

Master
    Anecdotally, I picked up a pink one for my wife a couple of weeks ago, it was an 8 month wait (it’s for her 50th Nov 2023, ordered Nov 2021 because I was told “up to 2 years”) Mrs RJM had set her heart on the pink however I asked the Q about the turquoise and he basically said forget it. Same AD has told me he can get me anything I want in a few months excluding a stainless Daytona or a BLRO…. I’m currently waiting for a Skydweller for myself that I ordered when I collected the OP which is for my 50th in February….. he reckons I’ll have that this year.
    My AD says 12 months for a Skydweller(good history with them) BUT not for a blue one...that will be a lot longer.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by David_D View Post
    Are you a big spender or do you have incriminating photos of the AD?!
    Neither, I just guess I’m lucky…..

Quote Originally Posted by mjc1216 View Post
    My AD says 12 months for a Skydweller(good history with them) BUT not for a blue one...that will be a lot longer.
    I think it all depends on how busy the dealer is as well.

Master
    Neither, I just guess I’m lucky…..
    Very! Fair play to you!

The interesting thing about the PP Tiffany 5711 is the clients were uniquely chosen by Tiffany -Patek had absolutely no say in it whatsoever. And as Tiffany went for their prestige clients which had a high percentage of females in this group, the watch has moved out of the traditional heavyweight male collector list and has been bought by a much larger number of females who are basically rocking it as a nice watch as opposed to them sitting in a safe somewhere. Which IMHO is much cooler - I like the idea that a woman has bought that watch as a cool coloured item to wear all the time and not worry too much about it and let's face it - to qualify for such a list the outlay required to buy it from Tiffany is comparatively peanuts.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Most won't tell you no but they will hint not to bother. Definitely a waste of time

Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    The interesting thing about the PP Tiffany 5711 is the clients were uniquely chosen by Tiffany -Patek had absolutely no say in it whatsoever. And as Tiffany went for their prestige clients which had a high percentage of females in this group, the watch has moved out of the traditional heavyweight male collector list and has been bought by a much larger number of females who are basically rocking it as a nice watch as opposed to them sitting in a safe somewhere. Which IMHO is much cooler - I like the idea that a woman has bought that watch as a cool coloured item to wear all the time and not worry too much about it and let's face it - to qualify for such a list the outlay required to buy it from Tiffany is comparatively peanuts.
    Compared to the list price they'll have paid sure, but compared to the millions it's worth now? Seems to me you have to be a bit mental to wear one of those personally!

Blog Entries
    Most won't tell you no but they will hint not to bother. Definitely a waste of time
    The amount of people who try to get on “the list” for that particular watch (and colour dial) is incredible, and 99.99999% are only in it to flip it, nearly every time I’m at my AD someone comes in asking if they have anything in stock and/or “why can’t I buy this in the window”

The people at my AD are all lovely people but I sense the eye rolls when these questions are asked.

My personal favourite was a mid-20’s lad who said they should sell him a GMT from the window because he was a repeat customer, when questioned he said that his Dad had bought a watch from Goldsmiths a few years ago, and this somehow entitled him to special treatment…..
    Last edited by RJM25R; 16th August 2022 at 12:32.

Master
    Blog Entries
    The amount of people who try to get on “the list” for that particular watch (and colour dial) is incredible, and 99.99999% are only in it to flip it, nearly every time I’m at my AD someone comes in asking if they have anything in stock and/or “why can’t I buy this in the window”

The people at my AD are all lovely people but I sense the eye rolls when these questions are asked.

My personal favourite was a mid-20’s lad who said they should sell him a GMT from the window because he was a repeat customer, when questioned he said that his Dad had bought a watch from Goldsmiths a few years ago, and this somehow entitled him to special treatment…..
    I agree. As soon as the price between purchase price and resale starts to come closer watch the demand for these watches plummet. I imagine the demand for datejust have dropped right down.

Blog Entries
    I agree. As soon as the price between purchase price and resale starts to come closer watch the demand for these watches plummet. I imagine the demand for datejust have dropped right down.

No matter what doomsday scenario we play out on these pages, buying most models at retail are still flippable at a profit. “Investment!” Cries the Instagram fairies

It’s the credit generation innit. I’ve never seen so many under 25’s paying £500+ a month for a car, £500 a month for turkey teeth, lip fillers and handbags, hair transplants, clenbuteral and Nandrolone….

Dubai, Ibiza and a £200 bottle of Grey Goose on a Saturday night is normal for those kids and getting a watch with a credit card is seen as “investment”

There’s no sign of distress selling of these type of watches from these kind of people at below retail prices. When that happens, I’ll believe the (un) hype….

Imho there’s never been such a desirable and diverse “entry level” Rolex as the current range of OP, with various sizes and colours available, and The diversity of DJ is similar, and there will still be people saving up for their grail even in times of austerity, plus the “special occasion” watches for 21st, graduation etc….
    Last edited by RJM25R; 16th August 2022 at 15:00.

Question

Who's your source for that statement about Patek and the "Tiffany" 5711's please Ryan?

Quote Originally Posted by Gareth-W View Post
    Who's your source for that statement about Patek and the "Tiffany" 5711's please Ryan?
    Ben Clymer and Ed Sheeran. There was an interview on Hodinkee where they covered that off.

https://youtu.be/UC7jm3D70NE
    Last edited by ryanb741; 16th August 2022 at 18:15.

Master
    My wife has the pink one, I have a yellow and a Tiffany blue on order for my wife’s anniversary. Turned my green down when it turned up as it just did big appeal in person.

Master
    I’m giving up on the Blue.

I’m back interested in a 116000 White Grape, should anyone have a reasonably priced one they’re thinking of offloading?

Craftsman
    I brought my wife the 36mm ‘Tiffany’ blue and she loves it. In the time since release my AD has had two. I have the yellow 36mm which is now discontinued and mine is the only one my AD ever received. Lovely watches but would I pay 3x retail for one? Don’t think so.

Quote Originally Posted by Idc0001 View Post
    I brought my wife the 36mm ‘Tiffany’ blue and she loves it. In the time since release my AD has had two. I have the yellow 36mm which is now discontinued and mine is the only one my AD ever received. Lovely watches but would I pay 3x retail for one? Don’t think so.
    Agreed.

Having had a couple now they are a nice watch but no way worth a penny over retail regardless of dial colour.

Ben Clymer and Ed Sheeran. There was an interview on Hodinkee where they covered that off.

https://youtu.be/UC7jm3D70NE

Thanks for that, I'll check it out.

Quote Originally Posted by boring_sandwich View Post
    Agreed.

Having had a couple now they are a nice watch but no way worth a penny over retail regardless of dial colour.
    If it’s not worth > £xxx, then presumably if they increased the retail price to £xxx +1 you wouldn’t buy one?

Quote Originally Posted by Kingstepper View Post
    If it’s not worth > £xxx, then presumably if they increased the retail price to £xxx +1 you wouldn’t buy one?
    I see it as a watch that’s worth around it’s current retail price. If they were to increase the retail price to over £5k this year or next then no I would not buy one.

Master
    Blog Entries
    My wife has the pink one, I have a yellow and a Tiffany blue on order for my wife’s anniversary. Turned my green down when it turned up as it just did big appeal in person.
    I had my name down for a Green a Yellow and a Blue 126234. Yellow was discontinued. I was offered a blue DJ but turned that down as I sourced one 2nd hand.