closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: AJ vs Usyk

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by tango View Post
    It was embarrassing indeed but having seen the post match conference and the fact that he broke down again, I am going to cut him some slack. He is clearly having issues of some sort.
    Agree definitely some sort of emotional breakdown. I don’t get the hate tbh he’s always come across as pretty humble to me. Gets a lot of flack saying he ducked this fighter and that fighter but he’s fought better fighters than Fury and Wilder.

Quote Originally Posted by GMC41 View Post
    Agree definitely some sort of emotional breakdown. I don’t get the hate tbh he’s always come across as pretty humble to me. Gets a lot of flack saying he ducked this fighter and that fighter but he’s fought better fighters than Fury and Wilder.
    He ducked both Wilder and Fury, tbh if Eddie Hearn had anything about himself he'd be telling AJ to retire, but no he's already saying AJ should have 3 or 4 fights next year, he should be protecting his fighter for his future and his health...

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by zanderpants View Post
    His issue is that he has realised that despite his best efforts he just isnt good enough to beat Usyk. No shame in that but his massive ego just couldn’t cope.

They are now starting to blame his outburst on a concussion…….. Could be that we just saw the real AJ for a while.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Just this, no fault of his own but his ego is, was too big and Eddie Hearn couldn’t give two hoots, just wants to rip the arse from the paying public (as majority promoters)

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Martylaa View Post
    He ducked both Wilder and Fury, tbh if Eddie Hearn had anything about himself he'd be telling AJ to retire, but no he's already saying AJ should have 3 or 4 fights next year, he should be protecting his fighter for his future and his health...
    He didn’t duck Fury at all. It was Fury’s camp/Bob Arum who chose to fight Wilder again after the arbitration ruling. Even John Fury blamed his own son for that one going to shit.

As for Wilder, they didn’t agree terms. It happens. I still think he’d beat Wilder.

AJ has lost any respect I had for him after listening to him after the fight. Disgusting behaviour and I’m sure that he will have lost a fair few fans after that.

Craftsman
    Seeing Joshua who always bangs on about respect throw the belts on the floor, spit on them and then confront usyk. His done for me. I will never have any time for him now.

Quote Originally Posted by Martylaa View Post
    Eddie Hearn is a pimp and AJ is his bottom bitch.

Totally pathetic from AJ but a lovely WG Sub on the wrist of Usyk before the fight yesterday

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    Eddie Hearn is a pimp and AJ is his bottom bitch.

Totally pathetic from AJ but a lovely WG Sub on the wrist of Usyk before the fight yesterday
    And Eddie in the platinum daytona I sold him
    RIAC

Quote Originally Posted by 100thmonkey View Post
    And Eddie in the platinum daytona I sold him
    Great watch and must have been a great sale to get in the bag

I always think it's a bit stupid giving a mic to someone that's been punched in the head for 6 let alone 12 rounds, even worse if they have been KO.

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitsan View Post
    I always think it's a bit stupid giving a mic to someone that's been punched in the head for 6 let alone 12 rounds, even worse if they have been KO.
    Too right. Unless of course they are going to sing American Pie. Legend
    RIAC

Quote Originally Posted by 100thmonkey View Post
    Too right. Unless of course they are going to sing American Pie. Legend
    helluva boy!

Craftsman
    AJ showed no class at the end. He could have bowed out like a champ, but instead he wanted to keep the spotlight on himself and rob Usyk of his moment.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Linc View Post
    AJ showed no class at the end. He could have bowed out like a champ, but instead he wanted to keep the spotlight on himself and rob Usyk of his moment.

Exactly that … you can tell a true champion by how they handle defeat.

Master
    Agree on above. The meltdown was a big let down. The true AJ came out and even Hearn and the marketing training couldn’t save him from ruining his reputation in two minutes.

I liked the part when Usyk grabbed the flag off his shoulders as he didn’t want his country associated with what was about to happen, which will obviously go down in history.

Wondering why people with no interest in watches are on a watch forum?
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Boss13 View Post
    Agree on above. The meltdown was a big let down. The true AJ came out and even Hearn and the marketing training couldn’t save him from ruining his reputation in two minutes.

I liked the part when Usyk grabbed the flag off his shoulders as he didn’t want his country associated with what was about to happen, which will obviously go down in history.
    I don’t see it like this at all.

He’s made a clown out himself, let the mask slip but ruined his reputation?

Give over.

Mike Tyson raped a girl, beat up a motorist and buy someone’s ear off and still he is a celebrity.

Tyson Fury was banned for PED use, openly admitted being a heavy cocaine user too and his reputation has never been higher.

What happened IN the ring will have had far more impact on Joshua and his reputation than the faux-pas he made…..

From what I saw he had a melt down. It’s not that bad and has far from ruined himself. At the end of the day he has done well for himself regardless what other think on here.

Master
    I’ve always thought he was just not too bright and despite being loaded (another 33 mil added to the pot on Saturday night) I feel sorry for him as I believe all he wants is to be respected. I don’t think all that money will make him truly happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Maris View Post
    I’ve always thought he was just not too bright and despite being loaded (another 33 mil added to the pot on Saturday night) I feel sorry for him as I believe all he wants is to be respected. I don’t think all that money will make him truly happy.
    I think that's a pretty fair assesment

Wondering why people with no interest in watches are on a watch forum?
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Maris View Post
    That’s close to my thoughts. He wants a legacy rather than more and more money and that’s unlikely now.