closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Omega Speedy Moonwatch Book

Omega Speedy Moonwatch Book

I have a dear friend who has recently received a 2019 Hesalite bigbox Speedy from his wife for his 65th birthday.
    I know that he has been interested in the Moonwatch for several years, and he now has a fine example to enjoy.

I'm due to attend his 65th party next weekend, and I am struggling for an appropriate, interesting gift.

I have spotted two Speedy books, at very different pricepoints :

1, A Moon Watch Story : The Extraordinary Destiny of the Omega Speedmaster 2021 - Around £30

2, Moonwatch Only: The Ultimate OMEGA Speedmaster Guide - Around £120

Can anyone comment if 'A Moon Watch Story : The Extraordinary Destiny of the Omega Speedmaster' is a good primer on the Speedy legacy ?
    The reviews on Amazon are largely positive, but that will depend on the baseline knowledge/expectation of the reader.

Obviously I would prefer to spend £30 rather than £120 - any informed perspectives would be appreciated.
    Last edited by W124; 12th August 2022 at 21:01.

Not read the first one, the second book is ideal for the collector, giving details about every aspect of every Speedmaster made right up until it went to print.

I've got the Flightmaster version of the second one and think that's the one to get if you can. Maybe club together with a few friends if possible?

Depends!

If he is more into the history of the Watch and it’s Moon journey then the first book is a good start with some lovely photos.

If he is a hardcore Speedy fanatic and collector of Speedies then the second is the only one that will scratch that itch!

Master
    Blog Entries
    I would go as far to say that Moonwatch Only is only really of interest to someone obsessed with the watch and collects them - for anyone else it's more of a coffee table item than really something to read from cover to cover.

Go for the cheaper one.

Gentlemen - many thanks for your rapid and helpful notes.

I have ordered the first option - John can use some of his birthday money to buy #2 if he wishes !

Quote Originally Posted by Kingstepper View Post
    I've got the Flightmaster version of the second one and think that's the one to get if you can. Maybe club together with a few friends if possible?
    I also bought the flightmaster version of the Moonwatch only book. It’s lovely and a total geek-fest.
    I am going to pick up the moon watch book as well.