closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: A nice diver.

Master
    Blog Entries

A nice diver.

Not talking patek levels but looking at divers in used range circa £4K. What would you get?

I keep getting drawn to a GS but can’t get past the bracelet.

Master
    Tudor pelagos or bb58 and keep the change?

Or might just be able to get both for 4K…!

Pelagos is great as would be almost any Seiko SLA.

Planet Ocean.

I evaluated a BB58 (black dial) yesterday, and thought it was brilliant. Put it this way, I’m now selling off some lesser worn watches to pay for one. I wouldn’t look any further.

Dave

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Echo Wileeeeeey’s SLA comment. I’ve got the 39 and it’s about as good as it gets. Can be had used for less than £4k. Would also add the new Omega SMP. Bit over budget new, used can be had for less. One of the best bang for buck divers around IMO.

Master
    Depends if you want a piece of jewellery or a watch that you’d wear in the sea. Tudor FXD with it’s fixed lugs /bars is unbeatable imho. No more worries about spring bars popping out In the surf or waves. It’s low profile, light weight make for a super wearable watch too. I own a BB58 and SLA as well as a SNR041 and Panerai 915 which are all considered divers and the FXD is still king . There again if you want a jewel then any of them are cool :)

Master
    There's a lovely GO on SC at the moment inthat price range...

I would probably go for a used OMEGA Seamaster 300 with a white dial, it's on my list of watches I would love to own.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitsan View Post
    I would probably go for a used OMEGA Seamaster 300 with a white dial, it's on my list of watches I would love to own.
    Two months worth of work down the toilet fella - you’ve been rumbled son :-)

C- must try harder next time.

Quote Originally Posted by helidoc View Post
    I evaluated a BB58 (black dial) yesterday, and thought it was brilliant. Put it this way, I’m now selling off some lesser worn watches to pay for one. I wouldn’t look any further.

Dave

I’ve worn mine nearly every day for the last 3 months since I bought it and it’s a great watch. Taking off the rose tinted glasses it’s a better watch than the 5513 I bought brand new 30 years ago - feels more solid, power reserve is amazing and if ot loses ot gains a second over a couple of weeks I can regulate mine by leaving it either face up or crown up at night to absolutely zero deviation - it’s literally bang on from the day I bought it and I’ve never had a movement that impressive. I know it’s a bit of an obvious choice but I honestly think it’s that good - I even like the rivets!

Quote Originally Posted by helidoc View Post

Dave

This but the blue one. It's utterly amazing for the money and is the next watch I'll be getting once I've built up my cash reserves back up.

Quote Originally Posted by Devonian View Post
    Two months worth of work down the toilet fella - you’ve been rumbled son :-)

C- must try harder next time.
    What're you talking about?

Go hunt down a Ming Diver. Bloody love mine

Sent from my SM-S901B using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by earlofsodbury View Post
    Planet Ocean.
    What he said.

All day, today, tomorrow and the day after that.

Metas certified 8900 bombproof coaxial movt, 8 years service intervals, 600m water resistance, extremely hard to beat at that price.

I'm never being parted from mine!

Quote Originally Posted by RobDad View Post
    I’ve worn mine nearly every day for the last 3 months since I bought it and it’s a great watch. Taking off the rose tinted glasses it’s a better watch than the 5513 I bought brand new 30 years ago

It’s at least the equal of a 5 digit Submariner, I can say that having owned one for years and recently acquired a second. Judged on its merits, it’s both deeply impressive, and a relative bargain.

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Paul J View Post
    What he said.

All day, today, tomorrow and the day after that.

Metas certified 8900 bombproof coaxial movt, 8 years service intervals, 600m water resistance, extremely hard to beat at that price.

I'm never being parted from mine!
    Each to their own but I've always found most Omega divers to be too thick, PO's especially.

Craftsman
    How about emperor tuna , or Sinn u1 tegimented or a UTS , pure tool watches or if your feeling crazy and have a very large wrist go for a citizen promaster 1000m

Sent from my Pixel 6 using TZ-UK mobile app

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by beechcustom View Post
    Each to their own but I've always found most Omega divers to be too thick, PO's especially.
    It's true, they are a bit on the chunky side. I've always felt that this gives me an excuse to buy another watch, for cuffs....

Master
    Blog Entries
    I think it depends on wrist size / how big a watch you want.

Modest size BB58 is unbeatable.

Chunky Monkey size gives you a whole lot more choice. Pelagos and the SLA043/037 would be my shout.

I have normal wrists so the 58 is for me but I d fancy a 043 but just know it would sit too high.

Sailing with the 58

Quote Originally Posted by Paul J View Post
    It's true, they are a bit on the chunky side. I've always felt that this gives me an excuse to buy another watch, for cuffs....
    Top logic, that man. I do like the look of the POs particularly the ones with orange details. The metas movements are ridiculous. My 300 Diver was absolutely bang on (+/-0) regardless of state of wind or resting orientation. Astonishing really.

Master
    Damn! Meant to edit but managed to delete my post.

I have the po, the SMP white dial, the blue pelagos and a modern 62mas (sbdc059/spb08j1, not an sla,)
    Both omega are smarter and feel a better watch then the pure tool pelagos. The pelagos is the thickest and wears the biggest. My 42mm po the heaviest and is thick but visually wears small as does the SMP which is the thinnest and lightest feeling. The omega and the Tudor have fantastic movements, incredible.
    All 3 (I'm not including the seiko as the sbdc isn't an sla) are very very good watches.

If you want my views on particular points of comparison jury ask.

Quote Originally Posted by beechcustom View Post
    Top logic, that man. I do like the look of the POs particularly the ones with orange details. The metas movements are ridiculous. My 300 Diver was absolutely bang on (+/-0) regardless of state of wind or resting orientation. Astonishing really.
    And don't forget; anti-magnetic to a ridiculous degree, as in to fields 10x stronger than the milguass is certified for!

Master
    Blog Entries
    PO might be a shout, some interesting suggestions.

Master
    Or...I feel dirty saying this.... What about the new superoceans from breitling? I don't normally like breitling...brash, big, BIG, ugly.... That description still fits the new superoceans but something about the wide and contrasting white chapter ring, smaller dial and some fun colours I actually don't immediately want to run away. I've not seen any in person though.

Journeyman
    Breitling super ocean heritage?

Master
    Chopard L.U.C. Pro, discontinued for a while but within your budget I think.

Craftsman
    My 2 pennies worth:

• IWC Aquatimer - IW329001
    • IWC Aquatimer - IW356801
    • Omega Planet Ocean - Owned one of these, possibly my favourite watch owned so far, it's just oozing quality.
    • Panerai - The PAM00005 is lovely.
    • Grand Seiko SBGA229 - But you’re looking at more £4.5K+

Or...

...And this is going out there on a limb...

Of all the dive watches I've owned so far, my favourite has to be the Citizen Citizen Pro Master Eco Drive BN0151-17L.

Got mine for £165...

...And you could spend the rest of the £4K on a motorbike =)

Master
    Sinn UX with loads of straps and the bracelet. Money to spare and a truly special piece.