closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Scam alert: you’ve been exposed

Scam alert: you’ve been exposed

Just a heads up as I just received the following text message:

You've been exposed to someone who reported testing positive. Proceed to get a test via: national-health-service.com

The website has been reported.
    'Against stupidity, the gods themselves struggle in vain' - Schiller.

Craftsman
    Sadly, I get scam texts like this as well. I just forward them to 7726 (our secret friends).

Quote Originally Posted by Saint-Just View Post

You've been exposed to someone who reported testing positive. Proceed to get a test via: national-health-service.com

Yes had one of those a few weeks ago, whats it about though, I assume they want to sell you something or is there something more sinister?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by stevecross View Post
    Yes had one of those a few weeks ago, whats it about though, I assume they want to sell you something or is there something more sinister?

Who knows, it could attempt to rumble malicious code within your browser as soon as you launch the page, it could be a phishing attempt to harvest personal data, it could be plain old pay for a nonexistent service.

None of us should know as we’re not gullible enough to click on the link, I hope.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    Who knows, it could attempt to rumble malicious code within your browser as soon as you launch the page, it could be a phishing attempt to harvest personal data, it could be plain old pay for a nonexistent service.

None of us should know as we’re not gullible enough to click on the link, I hope.
    I was just wondering what their angle was. My guess and it is only a guess is they would want to elevate the person of some money at the very least.

Warning: You have exposed yourself

Quote Originally Posted by stevecross View Post
    I understand they want you to order testing kits, for which they charge £1 or 2 for delivery… from which they get your details.
    'Against stupidity, the gods themselves struggle in vain' - Schiller.

I understand they want you to order testing kits, for which they charge £1 or 2 for delivery… from which they get your details.
    Right, I guessed they would want some money and I would have assumed that was the scam by glancing at the web address it is clearly wrong, I get many of these type of emails as I guess we all do, most recent one was from Evri asking for a payment for a package on the way to me, some are so obvious that it is hard to believe that people fall foul, I am guessing that some are not as I do not for one minute that everyone who gets duped is stupid. A short story about my neighbor who I always thought was reasonably smart, I got home one day and he called me in to his house, he then started to tell me he had been called during the day my Microsoft, as soon as I heard that I knew what was coming. I am sure you all can imagine how the story unfolded.

Similar to a friend and her daughter who advised:

"Yes we were scammed but they didn’t get anything.
    We are both usually very good at sorting the good and the bad, so much so that I think I had become complacent. You don’t expect to be conned by the NHS, I know now it wasn’t actually the NHS.

It was just an unfortunate line of events and us being so tired that made us take our eye off the ball.
    I had a text telling me I had been in contact with covid, I had, so didn’t give a thought about it being a scam. In all the time covid has been going on I hadn’t, knowingly, been in contact with a sufferer until the week before last.

I ordered the pcr test and as Sue was here she did too. Fortunately I used my gmail address which isn’t attached to my credit card account and Sue had used my address as she was still going to be here. So the scammers didn’t have all the relevant info they needed.

I had been email chatting with my niece and told her about it, she said she had had a text too but had ignored it as being too much of a nuisance. She didn’t even say scam but It triggered my brain so I checked the number and found it was a scam. We cancelled our credit cards, no money had been taken.

On Monday Sue had a call on her mobile saying he was from HSBC fraud, poor girl was so tired she went into panic mode. During the call warning bells kept pinging, I could hear the call but we were both so tired it took too long for the penny to drop.
    As soon as the call was over Sue checked her bank, money had been moved from her savings account into her current, she immediately moved it back and contacted her online banking.
    While she was waiting to connect with them she noticed that there was a contact in her security that wasn’t hers she instantly deleted it, the, so called fraud agent, had connected his phone into her bank account while he was talking to her. It seems he didn’t have enough info to move the money from her current account to his account.

One of the worrying things was that he knew the last four digits of her new credit card that she hasn’t even received yet. She’s going to ask for another one and not activate the one he has info on.

We take it for granted that everything is secure but it seems there are people with the skills and cunning to crawl through the cracks. I’ve sent them some heavy duty bad vibes in the hope that they won’t have the ability to catch anyone else.

Still waiting on our new cards
    Testing negative for covid so far and being extra vigilant on texts, emails and phones."

My friend is a witch — usually a very nice witch who does much good ... but when 'crossed' the 'crosser' should beware — she can cast powerful spells ;)
    "Well they would say that ... wouldn't they!"

Thought I had a scam message on WhatsApp last week but it was genuinely the WHO asking me to donate for Ukraine. GTFO.

Had one from Warren Buffet last week.