closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Affordable ladies mechanical watches

Affordable ladies mechanical watches

I bought my wife a diver’s style mechanical Orient some ten years ago. She really liked it but has since misplaced it and would like a replacement. I’m very much out of touch about where to buy. From previous experience I’ve tried orientuhren.de and creationwatches. Orientuhren had some passable options but nothing really stood out. Creationwatches might have the perfect watch for all I know. I just can’t seem to be able to narrow down the search to a reasonable number of watches.

My wife is looking for a sporty steel watch on a bracelet. Size ought to be roughly between 28-36 mm. A diver’s style bezel would be great. Affordable in my case would mean something around 300€. I could stretch it to 500€ for something special. I’ve only come up with Orient and Seiko 5 that carry anything close to spec.

Any ideas about suitable watches and possible places to buy would be appreciated. If you have something you could let go that might fit the bill I’d be happy to have a look. Cheers.

I seem to remember there was a 36mm version of the SKX-shaped seiko 5 but I’m struggling to find it, it may be a memory fart.

Beyond that, I can’t think of anything which meets the design, size and budget brief, at retail.

Quote Originally Posted by Idontgram View Post
    I seem to remember there was a 36mm version of the SKX-shaped seiko 5 but I’m struggling to find it, it may be a memory fart.

Beyond that, I can’t think of anything which meets the design, size and budget brief, at retail.
    Here we go:

https://www.firstclasswatches.co.uk/...c-24_424_3106/

SRE line. 28mm. Fixed bezel only though. Might not be exactly what you’re looking for

Phoibos Sea Nymph, if you can source one -

https://phoiboswatcheurope.com/categ...sea-nymph.html
    ______

​Jim.

Thank you all for your input, much appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by jwg663 View Post
    Phoibos Sea Nymph, if you can source one -

https://phoiboswatcheurope.com/categ...sea-nymph.html
    This looks like the dog’s bollocks to me. Some Dutch seller has them on chrono24. The question, I believe, is whether to order the one I like or ask for her input…

I decided that the less risky approach would be to get her input. This has now been ordered:

This variation seems to have disappeared from chrono24 so I assume the dealer only had one of this colour. I will update the thread with real pics when it arrives. Meanwhile I’d like to thank everyone, especially jwg663 for your help. I’ll bung a tenner into the fundraiser to show my appreciation.

Here we go:

I must admit that I didn’t expect much for 300€ so I was pleasantly surprised. The watch feels substantial, it’s clearly well made. Unidirectional bezel is smooth. The brushed finish is really good given the price. The bracelet feels sturdy, the pieces are secured with screws and the clasp is milled. Even the caseback is nice. The bracelet is a bit sharp around the edes but easily acceptable.

I have seen worse offerings in the 2k pricepoint. Only thing bothering me is the date wheel being ever so slightly out of alignment. I’m sure my wife won’t even notice if I can contain my urge to blab. All in all I’m very happy but the true test lies ahead.