closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What constitutes Villainous Behaviour in H & V?

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmcb View Post
    I agree Magirus! Could this be the Don Ginsler being discussed here??

https://www.watchuseek.com/threads/f...-strap.162288/

Jim
    That'll be him I'm sure, I doubt there were 2 Don Ginslers selling straps from Canada back then! I had the polished buckles blasted by our very own bry1975 to match my Damaskos, and a very good job he did too.

Last edited by magirus; 6th August 2022 at 21:09.
    F.T.F.A.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmcb View Post
    Thanks for that. Every day is a skool day.
    And what if it doesn’t match the desc. What ‘rites’ does a buyer have over a seller or vice versa I suppose.

Jim
    Good question! It gets a bit complicated from that point as you’d have to rely on misrepresentation probably and there could be a lot of arguments about whether it is actionable misrepresentation or something else, including a lack of information or an unclear advert. Ultimately it may end up in court.

For the above reason it’s always best to pay on a credit card if you can (even if it’s just the deposit element).

It’s also not that clear if someone is an individual or a business, some in SC could be classed as businesses for the purposes of consumer protection law, even if they pass themselves off as private sellers.

Just so you know. When I said the old days. I mean back in the late 90's on WN and TZ (US site)

Been around for close to 24 years and on numerous forums. Sometimes too many and some log ins may lapse as I spend time on other forums

In Canada, in Toronto

Nothing nefarious going on

Look at my posts on this forum. Helping members. Same on the many others I belong to

Be seeing you

DON
    Last edited by DONGinsler; 7th August 2022 at 03:57.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by hansblix2001 View Post
    Good question! It gets a bit complicated from that point as you’d have to rely on misrepresentation probably and there could be a lot of arguments about whether it is actionable misrepresentation or something else, including a lack of information or an unclear advert. Ultimately it may end up in court.

For the above reason it’s always best to pay on a credit card if you can (even if it’s just the deposit element).

It’s also not that clear if someone is an individual or a business, some in SC could be classed as businesses for the purposes of consumer protection law, even if they pass themselves off as private sellers.
    Thank you very much.

J

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DONGinsler View Post
    Just so you know. When I said the old days. I mean back in the late 90's on WN and TZ (US site)

Been around for close to 24 years and on numerous forums. Sometimes too many and some log ins may lapse as I spend time on other forums

In Canada, in Toronto

Nothing nefarious going on

Look at my posts on this forum. Helping members. Same on the many others I belong to

Be seeing you

DON
    Thanks Don

Great to hear from you way across the pond!

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Michael 38 View Post
    I bought a phone with the promise of the purchase receipt for the warranty from here and never received the receipt turned out it was sold by a well known shyster who has now disappeared Part from replying to wanted ads
    I had exactly this too and was miffed, as it should have been covered by warranty through the receipt and wasn’t without it. I chased a few times and then gave up. H&V seemed a bit harsh as the phone was fine, but I’m now wishing I had! Be interesting to know if it was the same seller!

I wouldn’t be bothered about the purchase receipt and hang tag.

If it was marketed as unmarked, and had an undeclared strap changing mark, I would return it. If that couldn’t be resolved amicably, I would put that in my neutral H&V post

D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk