closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Any love for Longines in here?

Master
    ^^^^. I’ve got that same watch, and it’s surprising how many comments it’s had when I’ve been wearing it.. particulary from sales people.

I’ve just realised that all 3 Longines I currently own are Chronos from their Heritage lines. I think I may have a problem. Maybe I need to diversify a bit.

Andy.

Master
    I’m very tempted by the Spirit Zulu Time GMT. Need to go see one in the metal really. I keep seeing people say they wear big because of the long lugs and that the smaller diameters are better.

I sold my Tudor BB GMT because I didn’t like the height of it

Website pic for reference

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by gorrie View Post
    ^^^^. I’ve got that same watch, and it’s surprising how many comments it’s had when I’ve been wearing it.. particulary from sales people.

I’ve just realised that all 3 Longines I currently own are Chronos from their Heritage lines. I think I may have a problem. Maybe I need to diversify a bit.

Andy.
    Three great looking watches.

My dad has had a Conquest since he was about 16 years old. Oliver restored it last year (there is post somewhere on tz-uk). It is keeping really great time and is inseparable from him.. He has been out sailing with it for the last month or so..

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by robert75 View Post
    Looks far to close to the Tag Heuer autavia
    It does look similar agreed. So what?

I currently have 2 vintage Longines:
    my grandad's 3 hander which I don't really wear and my wife's grandad's CH30 flyback chrono which is totally awsome but I am merely looking after it.
    And I got my wife a Dolce Vita auto but I don't have a pic

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

This thread reminded me that I have this rather nice "pilot" chrono; not worn it for years!

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kairos View Post
    With the Commonwealth games coming to a close and Longines being the official timer, I wondered if they had any standing in the grand scheme of things?

I have a Hydroconquest as my work watch and it keeps great time, about 15-20 seconds a week (Time Is comparison and setting) since I sent it back and told them to sort it out while it was still under warranty. It was about 25 seconds a day prior to being returned. I have ot say, Longines UK have made a wonderful job of making it run accurately. I would put a picture up, but every time I try I get told my picture is too bog. I have resized them to virtually nothing but still it tells me I can't load it.... so I have given up trying to load pictures.
    1968 Longines split second chronograph. 36,000 vph movement is a beauty. Complete with it's original remote control case...

Just received an old friend back from my Father after breaking it aged 16. Confiscated, fixed, at no little expense, and stored away until I grew up.

But it's this one that's caught my eye: 1950's solid gold, what's not to like?

I understand they also come with date windows at 12 or 3 o'clock. Some with cyclops, some not. And they did a reissue.
    There's one from the early 70's available at the moment but I'd prefer one from the 50's. If only because they seem to have the cool caseback:

Older gold watches are still great value.

Quote Originally Posted by trident-7 View Post
    1968 Longines split second chronograph. 36,000 vph movement is a beauty. Complete with it's original remote control case...

That chrono is incredible, and looks in great condition too
    I would buy a Longines chrono reissue based on that design

Great love for Longines here.

Two different references of the real deal:

Unbelieveably rare, although not particuarly valuable. The first Silver Srrow re-issue.

18kt automatic, flyback 30ch.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Corporalsparrow View Post
    18kt automatic, flyback 30ch.

That is an absolute stunner of a watch, wow!

I have always loved the brand. They have always been great value. From the c.2000 Avigation two register chronograph, the Bigeye, a rather nice Retrograde and a Heritage Diver Chronograph amongst others I've owned over the years. The latest acquisition is this. A Spirit Chronograph.

Master
    The only Longines I’ve ever owned was a VHP quartz model that I bought in a sale back in 1997. Grand little watch it was too. Two tone gold and gun metal grey bracelet watch. Some twenty-five years on and I’m now drawn to this model:

https://www.hodinkee.com/articles/lo...le-introducing

The Marine Nationale doesn’t seem to be as popular as some of the other recent reissues.
    Last edited by seabiscuit; 29th September 2022 at 17:03.

Quote Originally Posted by seabiscuit View Post
    ...... Some twenty-five years on and I’m now drawn to this model:

https://www.hodinkee.com/articles/lo...le-introducing

The Marine Nationale doesn’t seem to be as popular as some of the other recent reissues.
    The price might be the reason (what are they thinking?). Apart from that it is a beautiful piece. Probably one of the best I have seen for a while.
    "The whole purpose of mechanical watches is to be impertinent." ~ Lionel a Marca, CEO of Breguet

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by abraxas View Post
    The price might be the reason (what are they thinking?). Apart from that it is a beautiful piece. Probably one of the best I have seen for a while.
    If I was buying new I’d be pushing for a discount. At least ten per cent, ideally fifteen.

Any love for Longines in here?

Quote Originally Posted by abraxas View Post
    I agree, and would buy one in a heartbeat at the right price!
    The fact buying at RRP, just like with Oris, is a promess of losing 50% of the value within the first 5 seconds of ownership doesn’t help either. I love both brands though, and I think they are making quite a few nice reissues at the minute (Longines I mean)

Journeyman

I owned and sold on this HydroConquest in 39mm.

Pros: wore really well, extremely accurate.
    Con: I didn’t like the bezel and found the numerals a bit big for the face.

I ended up getting back what I had paid. I think if I was in the market for another it would be the ceramic bezel version in a bigger case, then the proportions would be better.

What do you think of this model?

https://www.longines.com/en-gb/watch...-l4-785-8-73-2

Nice size, rose gold, old timey dial. What's not to like? Lug width is a bit generous, I dunno. Does the dial look a bit cheap?? I'd like to see one in the flesh.

Have seen one used for a good price.

Good close ups here:
    https://youtu.be/qYHPdGIwaYg
    Last edited by Fender; 17th November 2022 at 17:54.

Quote Originally Posted by Barchettaman View Post

I owned and sold on this HydroConquest in 39mm.

Pros: wore really well, extremely accurate.
    Con: I didn’t like the bezel and found the numerals a bit big for the face.

I ended up getting back what I had paid. I think if I was in the market for another it would be the ceramic bezel version in a bigger case, then the proportions would be better.
    Looks very nice with the Nato!

Sent from my iPad using TZ-UK mobile app

Journeyman
    Here is my bronzie, love the long lugs (typical for longines) and the deep green dial, extremely legible and the internal bezel is very useful. I can't fault it.

Sent from my SM-S901B using Tapatalk

Longines are a great brand with a lot of history, love 'em! They have an archive department, email them your serial number and they will tell you which AD your watch was originally sold to.

Here's my 2 x 38mm Admiral 5-star divers.

1992 white:
    [IMG][/IMG]

1995 black & gold 2-tone:
    [IMG][/IMG]

Cheers
    Mark

Apprentice
    This is the latest Spirit release, lot's of bellyaching about the size/thickness but I think it wears ok.

Definitely some love for Longines here

Here is imo, a beautiful Longines in Rose Gold.
    The last time I owned a Longines was back in the 80’s when they introduced their VHP models. Which proudly boasted if I remember correctly, an accuracy of 12 seconds a year.

To fund this watch a sold a Rolex Submariner to a Pawn Shop in Exeter.
    Hindsight………..

Master
    A beautiful watch, but I can't stop worrying about the blood supply to your hands ... :-)

I've got a lot of affection for Longines. I bought my daughter a Dolce Vita for a big birthday.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom-P View Post
    A beautiful watch, but I can't stop worrying about the blood supply to your hands ... :-)

I've got a lot of affection for Longines. I bought my daughter a Dolce Vita for a big birthday.

LOL, actually the photo is not showing a correct representation of the fit.
    The strap is extremely comfortable and quite loose.

Quote Originally Posted by twhp101 View Post
    Definitely some love for Longines here
    Love an Ultronic!

Quote Originally Posted by rasputin10 View Post
    Love an Ultronic!

Wow, yours is something special

I do like longines, Currently own these.

Sent from a technical device

Journeyman
    The Longines big eye is really tempting for me. Several of their models have caught my eye in recent years

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by donkertraz View Post
    The Longines big eye is really tempting for me. Several of their models have caught my eye in recent years

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app
    I keep hoping they’ll release that in a smaller form, much as they have for the LLD and the spirit collection. Then again, its size may well be crucial to its design