closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: CWC SBS or Seiko.

Grand Master

CWC SBS or Seiko.

As Im drastically reducing my watch collection, the next possible one to go are my CWC SBS and Seiko quartz.
    As with all my watches they were bought because I do like them,but I no longer need them all,and with that Ill ask for at least some help from the forum,I agree ultimately my decision but it does help.I went for the Seiko because of the bezel,eaten by a Rottweiler some may say!.
    The CWC,well because of the PVD, not had many black case watches.
    Can't go by the one I wear most really as I haven't really worn one more than the other.

Thanks for any input if any.....

Keep which and maybe why.

Sent from my SM-A125F using Tapatalk

I'd keep the SBS, mainly because it looks better and has a better re-sale value over the long term.

Sell both

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    Sell both
    Well its always an option Wiley lol.

I didnt really want to say the reason for my change of heart re watches....but I will!!.
    My Brother passed away recently and his funeral was yesterday.
    Ill be retiring soon,and with Philips passing has to say the least changed my veiws on "things" generally,watches and work being 2 of those.

Sorry but thats the real reason Gentleman...I know many have been here having read similar posts.9
    Last edited by P9CLY; 7th August 2022 at 11:39.

Master
    Condolences on your loss. Maybe don't rush into a decision about thinning your collection just yet?

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedy2254 View Post
    Condolences on your loss. Maybe don't rush into a decision about thinning your collection just yet?
    Thanks and much appreciate your reply,but I think Im there with my decision.
    As many say,it focuses whats actually more important.I will eventually make a decision on what to Keep,one most definately the gold Longines dress watch my Dad always said would be mine when he passed away....He did 18 months ago and its now mine,actually it needs a new battery so need to sort it as its just stopped having had my watches out.Not my style or thing,but its not about that in this regard,Im of the mind when Im as old as my Dad when he bought it I too will wear it on my thinner wrists lol.

Master
    Sorry for your loss...my ex wife (still get on well) has the dreaded C and hasn't long left and since i found out i have been selling off most of my watches,vanity plates and anything else i don't need...think the fact i am 60 soon has focused my mind even more.

It really brings home what is important.

Grand Master
    Dads Longines...very slim.

The original strap literally fell apart over the years he wore it,I changed it to basically the most appropriate strap I had,which actually never came of a watch I ever had!,possibly the Wifes watch...I dont know.What I will do is source a Longines strap and buckle,I did get a Buckle via the forum free...thankyou,but sadly wrong size.....Ill swap it for one....Anyone have one on Gold?.
    Just a thought.
    Last edited by P9CLY; 4th August 2022 at 18:30.

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by mjc1216 View Post
    Sorry for your loss...my ex wife (still get on well) has the dreaded C and hasn't long left and since i found out i have been selling off most of my watches,vanity plates and anything else i don't need...think the fact i am 60 soon has focused my mind even more.

It really brings home what is important.
    Sorry to hear that,and yes it does hit home as to what is important.
    Last edited by P9CLY; 4th August 2022 at 19:22.

Master
    Really sorry to hear about your brother.

If you’re set on keeping at least one of those two, the question I’d be asking myself is which one brings more pleasure when it’s worn.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by P9CLY View Post
    dont know.What I will do is source a Longines strap and buckle,I did get a Buckle via the forum free...thankyou,but sadly wrong size.....Ill swap it for one....Anyone have one on Gold?.
    Just a thought.
    Cousins have them at fairly reasonable prices: https://www.cousinsuk.com/product/lo...-strap-buckles

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by gcleminson View Post
    Really sorry to hear about your brother.

If you’re set on keeping at least one of those two, the question I’d be asking myself is which one brings more pleasure when it’s worn.
    Thanks.

Mmm pleasure when worn!,I really dont ever give my watches that sort of thinking process tbh.I know what I like and have bought those Ive liked.....but sold swapped or traded as easily as bought too!.

I suppose the "pleasure" term for me is wearing watches I like the look of...is that the same...not sure.

Very sorry to hear about your brother Paul, certainly brings things into perspective.
    Regarding the watches, if one has even the slightest link to him, even if it's just he borrowed it once or said he liked it, or you happened to be wearing it during your best memory of him for example, I'd keep that one.

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruggertech View Post
    Very sorry to hear about your brother Paul, certainly brings things into perspective.
    Regarding the watches, if one has even the slightest link to him, even if it's just he borrowed it once or said he liked it, or you happened to be wearing it during your best memory of him for example, I'd keep that one.
    Thanks....but no not one of those,Philip had no interest or connection to any of my watches.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Sorry to hear about your brother.

I’d sell the Seiko as I could not enjoy that shabby bezel.

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Montello View Post
    Sorry to hear about your brother.

I’d sell the Seiko as I could not enjoy that shabby bezel.
    Thanks...know what you mean but I actually like the well used look.Might list one next week.

get a bezel replacement for the seiko and sell it for a better price, while the interest in watch might keep life forward

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by seikomatic View Post
    get a bezel replacement for the seiko and sell it for a better price, while the interest in watch might keep life forward
    Never thought about that tbh......where would I get a correct bezel insert?.

Thanks

I'd go for the Seiko, tart it up with a new bezel and there you go.

I prefer it to the CWC as it's more flexible in regards to straps and bracelets. Also it would be easier and cheaper to mod, should you want to do that.

Never sell a CWC… Or something like that…
    I would keep the SBS, it’s rarer, you are less likely to see another on a wrist and it’s a bit different to the norm.

Grand Master
    Thanks guys,I think Im leaning towards the SBS as a keeper.But great to have others input to help.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnlover View Post
    Never sell a CWC… Or something like that…
    I would keep the SBS, it’s rarer, you are less likely to see another on a wrist and it’s a bit different to the norm.
    Yes.

I’d keep the CWC. The SBS models are always very popular and that should be an easy sell if you decide to move it on. Don’t know much about that Seiko model, but looks like you have been out dry stone walling in it for the past 20 years.

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallasey Runner View Post
    I’d keep the CWC. The SBS models are always very popular and that should be an easy sell if you decide to move it on. Don’t know much about that Seiko model, but looks like you have been out dry stone walling in it for the past 20 years.
    It does indeed Ken lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Rod View Post
    I'd keep the SBS, mainly because it looks better and has a better re-sale value over the long term.
    I agree with Rod.

Residuals 9n the CWC are much healthier than the Seiko, and heritage comes into the equation, then the CWC will score more points on that front here in the UK.

Master
    I quite like the insert on the Seiko. If it was a Rolex sub there would have been about 300 people creaming over a Rolex being used for what it was intended for. Having said that, I would keep the CWC just because it's a bit different.
    Sorry to hear about your Brother.

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by estoban7 View Post
    I quite like the insert on the Seiko. If it was a Rolex sub there would have been about 300 people creaming over a Rolex being used for what it was intended for. Having said that, I would keep the CWC just because it's a bit different.
    Sorry to hear about your Brother.
    Thanks....

I agree re a Rolex bezel looking same,"patina" would have them falling over themselves in appreciation!.