closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Help required, replacing Honda CRV Xenon headlight unit with LED units.

Help required, replacing Honda CRV Xenon headlight unit with LED units.

Hi,

A Long shot though I know that there are many knowledgable people on here who may be able to assist

I currently have a 2015 CRV 1.6 i-dtec which needs both of its headlight units replacing from RHD to LHD ones. It is currently fitted with Xenon’s and I was wanting to know if the whole units could be replaced with LED units instead as the Xenon are going to cost €1012.00 ex VAT each, which sounds pricey against the LED’s which on some sites are €350.00 in VAT each.

Thanks

Keith.

Craftsman
    I'd imagine physically bolting them in will be like for like....the wiring may be a different story.

Try and source some wiring diagrams and maybe get the light units from a breakers yard to reduce costs.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by carlyrox View Post
    Hi,

A Long shot though I know that there are many knowledgable people on here who may be able to assist

I currently have a 2015 CRV 1.6 i-dtec which needs both of its headlight units replacing from RHD to LHD ones. It is currently fitted with Xenon’s and I was wanting to know if the whole units could be replaced with LED units instead as the Xenon are going to cost €1012.00 ex VAT each, which sounds pricey against the LED’s which on some sites are €350.00 in VAT each.

Thanks

Keith.
    I presume this is a UK car you’ve taken abroad long term?

What is the light beam like? Is it flat or does it kick up to the left hand side? Parking against a wall or garage door should tell you? If they’re flat they shouldn’t need changing as they won’t dazzle oncoming vehicles.

Some vehicles have a LHD mode either through software or via a lever on the lights themselves. It’s worth exploring that before going to the expense of LEDs.

The latter might also set off any failed bulb alarms due to the lower current, and will likely need LED drivers if they’re not already in the LED headlamp units.