closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The cheek of people - eBay related

In the past having problems with eBay l have spoken with them directly on the phone and each time resolved the issue there and then. Was some time ago but might still be worth a try

Master
    This is exactly why I've long since given up selling on that hell hole.

eBay gain their revenue from sellers, yet fall over themselves to help buyers and do jack for their actual paying clients.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Paneraiseeker View Post
    In the past having problems with eBay l have spoken with them directly on the phone and each time resolved the issue there and then. Was some time ago but might still be worth a try
    They wont get involved until the 9th August

Pretty scummy behaviour but I think there is a sizeable number of people that have no qualms about ripping other people off. They see it as fair game, especially on eBay where the odds are stacked in their favour.

I think there will be the same proportion on Facebook market place as well. Someone said on here a few months ago that their wife was selling an iPad and someone agreed to come round and buy it. She invited them in, allowed them to have a look at it prior to purchasing and they just turned away and walked out with it in their hand laughing.

Journeyman

If they've done it once...

I've never sold anything on eBay and this story makes me think I never will. There's a very good chance these low lives have ripped off others. I wonder if eBay can provide evidence of their returns history? I hope you resolve this soon.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by JPCain86 View Post
    No feedback from direct vacuums

- - - Updated - - -

I spoke to ebay. They won't do anything until the 9th as they only step in if myself and the buyer can't resolve by then.

I'm half tempted to contact direct vacuum but imagine they won't say whether they've had issues with the buyer
    Contact Direct Vacuum. Nothing ventured nothing gained.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by LeighG View Post
    I've never sold anything on eBay and this story makes me think I never will. There's a very good chance these low lives have ripped off others. I wonder if eBay can provide evidence of their returns history? I hope you resolve this soon.
    I think they do weed out ‘serial returners’, they sided with me when a chap I sold a CPU to returned it as non-working. The serial number on the returned CPU was different to the one I’d sold, and I’d kept the retail packaging with that number on the box barcode. Not that it proved anything really of course, I could have posted the returned dead one, according to the buyer anyway.

The very helpful eBay guy let me keep the cash and they said they would take it up with the buyer, never heard anything again.

That’s the only hiccup I can remember in nearly twenty years of selling on eBay, not everybody is a thieving chancer although these threads might make you think that!

Quote Originally Posted by Filterlab View Post
    This is exactly why I've long since given up selling on that hell hole.

eBay gain their revenue from sellers, yet fall over themselves to help buyers and do jack for their actual paying clients.
    My experience is the exact opposite of that: twice I've had an issue with a buyer and both times eBay found in my favour.

Quote Originally Posted by Tooks View Post
    I think they do weed out ‘serial returners’...
    In one of my above issues I am quietly confident that the buyer had 'form' and that this was a contributary factor to eBay's decision.

R
    Ignorance breeds Fear. Fear breeds Hatred. Hatred breeds Ignorance. Break the chain.

Quote Originally Posted by Christian View Post
    Pretty scummy behaviour but I think there is a sizeable number of people that have no qualms about ripping other people off. They see it as fair game, especially on eBay where the odds are stacked in their favour.

I think there will be the same proportion on Facebook market place as well. Someone said on here a few months ago that their wife was selling an iPad and someone agreed to come round and buy it. She invited them in, allowed them to have a look at it prior to purchasing and they just turned away and walked out with it in their hand laughing.
    A bit of a stupid thing to do, allow someone to come in to you home and then allow them walk away with your property. no wonder they where laughing.

SydR
    Quote Originally Posted by stevecross View Post
    A bit of a stupid thing to do, allow someone to come in to you home and then allow them walk away with your property. no wonder they where laughing.
    Stupid? Are you party to more facts than in the post you quoted?

You know nothing of the physical size of both parties and the risk making a challenge may pose .

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by SydR View Post

You know nothing of the physical size of both parties and the risk making a challenge may pose .
    Think he’s hurting from his Amex thread given he has deleted the original post. Now trying to become an internet hard man.

Pathetic behaviour from an adult really.

Quote Originally Posted by SydR View Post

You are right I have no Idea of the size of the seller or the people who came to look at the item, My apologies I never really took that in to account but now you mention it I assume that is the reason the lady did not challenge the potential buyers

Master
    My guide for selling on Ebay

- Have separate buying and selling accounts
    - Always include serial # in listing and in a picture to discourage scammers
    - Always block anyone who asks stupid questions ("Will you post if I arrange?")
    - Check the buyers address on Google Street View, if looks dodgy send tracked/signed-for to thwart INR
    - As above for anyone with feedback based on selling cheap tat

Craftsman
    Totally unbelievable and horrible people doing this. I had similar with an Xbox One and controller where a nearly pad was described as faulty even thought it wasn’t. I offered a token partial refund to make the problem go away! Painful!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Blog Entries
    Update on this. EBay have sided with the buyer and will refund him once the item has been returned. Which shows they have not read any of the case details as I have the item.

The buyer has made an error in the uploading of the tracking. So it is still showing as undelivered.

Craftsman
    That’s annoying for you. Have you tried speaking to anyone at eBay? I have on a number of occasions and they have been helpful each time. I appreciate this matter is more complicated than typically, but it’s worth a try.

This is why buyers scam sellers as even if you’re brain dead and with the evidence stacked against you ebay always defaults to favouring the buyer.

I personally have never been stuffed by eBay but I’ve stopped selling there years ago and now favour Gumtree and FB market place.

Update on this. EBay have sided with the buyer and will refund him once the item has been returned. Which shows they have not read any of the case details as I have the item.

The buyer has made an error in the uploading of the tracking. So it is still showing as undelivered.
    Call them up and make your case, that's your best bet.

I'd also seriously consider the legal route just to teach them a lesson.

I'd play his game

Master

Do you need the email address for a human on eBay U.K. legal ?

Somebody needs to stand their ground and take eBay to small claims court, from what you’ve posted you have ample evidence to win.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by IAmATeaf View Post
    This is why buyers scam sellers as even if you’re brain dead and with the evidence stacked against you ebay always defaults to favouring the buyer.

I personally have never been stuffed by eBay but I’ve stopped selling there years ago and now favour Gumtree and FB market place.
    eBay only wants commercial sellers not private ones. Therefore they weigh the odds in favour of the buyer and yet after all these years, private sellers still exist - madness.

You can take a horse to water

Quote Originally Posted by Mick P View Post
    eBay only wants commercial sellers not private ones. Therefore they weigh the odds in favour of the buyer and yet after all these years, private sellers still exist - madness.

Many people don't know you can appeal afterwards, that's how I've won against bad buyers. eBay will refund you the cash from their pocket if necessary and scrub their negative feedback if the decision is in your favour.

You can make it drink Mick, but it takes two people. In this case, the buyer and eBay!
    Best Regards - Peter

I'd hate to be with you when you're on your own.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Griswold View Post
    You can make it drink Mick, but it takes two people. In this case, the buyer and eBay!
    Yes but is it really worth the hassle.

I just sell local, much easier.

Quote Originally Posted by Griswold View Post
    Yes but is it really worth the hassle.

I just sell local, much easier.
    Indeed, that was the point I was making Mick. I've avoided eBay like the plague for many many years now, too much risk and potential trouble; just like getting a horse to drink!
    Best Regards - Peter

I'd hate to be with you when you're on your own.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by IAmATeaf View Post
    Somebody needs to stand their ground and take eBay to small claims court, from what you’ve posted you have ample evidence to win.
    I imagine many people do sue eBay and do win (assuming the judge doesn't remove eBay from the claim for not being responsible for the seller's actions).

But County Court claims are not precedent-setting and so it doesn't change anything in the longer run. eBay can afford to be sued many times over.

Master
    Bought a pair of share se525 to replace a faulty one.

When it arrived it was obviously fake so I never bothered trying them. Asked seller to confirm they were real and was happy to send them to shure for checking.

Seller opened return said no problem and admitted they had no proof they were real.
    When they received them they claimed I’d swapped them for a fake pair.

EBay took my side , got a replacement direct from Shure learnt my lesson. I’ve never had any trouble on eBay otherwise

Mate bought a £2k gpu that was dead on arrival. Sent it back , seller claimed it was swapped with one with a different serial.
    EBay sided with seller supposedly because my friend had made too many returns ( £10 faulty hdmi cable and a dead £200 motherboard in the previous 3months) . Didn’t even get the supposedly dodgey gpu returned . Opened a claim on his credit card and was refunded finally but banned from eBay after 20 years of no trouble.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.D View Post
    Bought a pair of share se525 to replace a faulty one.

When it arrived it was obviously fake so I never bothered trying them. Asked seller to confirm they were real and was happy to send them to shure for checking.

Seller opened return said no problem and admitted they had no proof they were real.
    When they received them they claimed I’d swapped them for a fake pair.

EBay took my side , got a replacement direct from Shure learnt my lesson. I’ve never had any trouble on eBay otherwise

Mate bought a £2k gpu that was dead on arrival. Sent it back , seller claimed it was swapped with one with a different serial.
    EBay sided with seller supposedly because my friend had made too many returns ( £10 faulty hdmi cable and a dead £200 motherboard in the previous 3months) . Didn’t even get the supposedly dodgey gpu returned . Opened a claim on his credit card and was refunded finally but banned from eBay after 20 years of no trouble.
    I can see why it is easy to get banned I have had to make a few returns recently fakes/badly described rubbish non of it my fault

If you think ebay is bad - try Vinted - every single watch I looked at was a scam!

Just to add a little positivity to this thread...

I listed a pushbike on eBay a couple of weeks ago and the buyer came to collect a couple of days ago.

He was so delighted with the condition that he insisted on paying me more money.

So there are good buyers out there!

Journeyman
    I must have been lucky, been buying and selling on ebay since 2004, sold 2.1k items, bought 1.3k, one shifty neg feedback in retaliation to one of mine and a couple of disgruntled (unreasonable)buyers whom i refunded, otherwise ok.
    I don't do fascist book or gumtree or vinted so stick with ebay