closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: iPhone Gets Too Hot and Slows Down

iPhone Gets Too Hot and Slows Down

My iPhone 12 which is only 3 months old just gets very hot from the battery when in use. Maybe it is the warm weather, but I am not convinced.

It gets warm so quickly and then it barely functions and grinds to a halt. I am typing this after leaving it in the fridge for 10 mins. Not great for a several hundred pound phone.

Same on my iPad too. Not sure it used to be like this as I have had Apple devices for 15 years.

Master
    Blog Entries
    My Apple 13 mini three months old gets very hot when charging on the wireless charger especially the car one, but it works normally and cool’s down when removed.

Master
    My iPhone 12 mini gets hot when I do a combination of leaving it in the sun, wireless charging, use Google Maps for navigation, playing a podcast, and leaving the screen on.
    It’s fine 99% of the time though.

What are you doing with yours that gets it hot ?

Pete

Blog Entries
    If it happens all the time, would go to an Apple shop and show them.

iPhone Gets Too Hot and Slows Down

My 13 Pro does this sometime and screen dims - for example, hot sunshine in garden or car navigation whilst wireless charging.

Mine is in a Quad Lock case which doesn’t help, some ventilation holes might improve things, try taking out of any case.
    Last edited by Kingstepper; 1st August 2022 at 07:56.

BBC News - Heatwave: Why your phone overheats and how to prevent it
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/newsbeat-62223245

Sent from my KB2003 using Tapatalk

Go into settings and battery to see if there is a crashed app hogging all your battery (and therefore your processor)

Call Applecare and they can run diagnostics on your phone remotely to see what they think it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Aramis9 View Post
    Does turning the 'phone off and then back on again clear the crashed app? I heard it was good practice to do this regularly.
    Might do, but I'm not sure. I'd clear all apps and then turn it off for ten mins, turn it back on and check to see if any apps are open. If there are I'd try do the same again.

I rarely turn my phone off and on again. Only do it if something like the above happens or it isn't functioning how I expect.

Once a week I'll clear all apps, clear all pages in search engines and then do a soft reset. This seems to keep my 11 Pro Max ticking over.

Master
    I get this the odd time with the roof down whilst driving and streaming music and maps etc. I now leave phone in the glove box and not had an issue. As soon as it cools down goes back to normal.

Quote Originally Posted by Strnglwhank View Post
    BBC News - Heatwave: Why your phone overheats and how to prevent it
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/newsbeat-62223245

Sent from my KB2003 using Tapatalk
    Started to read that, and saw that the good doctor used the name "Roz" (always suspicious of that)

Then find that she is referred to as "Dr Roz" throughout the article!

Bet that is what she likes to be known as.................

I only notice my iPhone 13 getting hot if I am extensively using 4/5G, if on WiFi it is usually fine. But it has never crashed or slowed down appreciably. Good luck.

I have a 13 pro and it never gets hot. There’s something wrong with the OP’s phone imho - that’s not normal. I have kept my phone out of the sun over the last few weeks - 30-40 degrees direct sun on a thin slab of black glass unsurprisingly makes it heat up! - I’d get apple to take a look at it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries
    Its getting time for the 14 so obviously its a ploy to get you to upgrade!
    “ Ford... you're turning into a penguin. Stop it.” HHGTTG

Master
    I had this and got asked to have the phone remotely accessed by Apple. Apple Ireland remotely connects with it and integrate ( after you disable access to photos). Fascinating what they can do remotely, but it’s includes identifying power consumption by activity and temp.

My phone was swapped by Apple for a new model. Temp exceeded 50degrees in certain parts of the back.