closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: What is your claim to fame?

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by adigra View Post
    ...I think I've worked on 10 MCU films and three TV shows...
    Wow!

Just Wow!

Seriously cool claim to fame.

My only claim to fame is buying things when they're expensive and selling them when they're cheap LOL =)

Not as good as some here but....

Bruce Dickinson (Iron Maiden) used to fly me to work.
    I once knocked over Mickey Dolenz running to catch my train in Kings Cross.
    I appeared (and won) an episode of Postcode Challenge with Carol Smillie.

Cheers,

Adam.

Master
    I got to ask why is meeting a well known person a claim to fame. Hundreds of people must meet them every week.

For two years my job involved meeting members of the government and shadow cabinet members and they were often on the TV in the same week that I met with them. All of them well known names.

I did not it consider anything to be proud of for one simple reason which was that whilst I remember them all these years later, they probably forgot me within a couple of weeks.

They had the fame and I had none.

You're famous here mate. ;)
    Don't let anyone tell you otherwise!

I was a member of the same watch forum as Mick P

Quote Originally Posted by mr.chef View Post
    I was a member of the same watch forum as Mick P
    I think we have a winner!

I worked for about 8 years with George Harrison’s nephew, another member in here posted on a similar thread a few years ago about him and I realised who it was . He kept it very quiet and had no idea whilst I was working with him

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Franky Four Fingers View Post
    I worked for about 8 years with George Harrison’s nephew, another member in here posted on a similar thread a few years ago about him and I realised who it was . He kept it very quiet and had no idea whilst I was working with him

That’s class of him.

Classy one for me, got kissed by Danni Minogue and Jordan in the same night & shunned Jodi Marsh the following week when she tried to join my friends & had no idea who she was.

I no longer hang out in such venues, promise!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I am the younger of the 2 casualties in this episode of Helicopter Rescue.

Master
    As in designed their look in the movies. I originally illustrated a comic called Iron Man Extremis, which served as an inspiration for all three of the IM movies, and established the overall look. I then worked on the designs of many of the IM, War Machine, Iron Monger, etc. suits over the last 15 years along with the Marvel Visual Development team. I am in the credits usually as a Concept Designer, or something along those lines.

I designed the Black Panther suit in that movie as well, which was also used in Infinity War and Endgame (which I also did a bunch of other designs for).

I tend to do a lot of keyframe illustrations to designs scenes, mostly battle scenes, etc., so half of my job is character design, the other half making scenes look exciting.

I think I've worked on 10 MCU films and three TV shows, but it's not my main interest, it's just what most people recognise the most.
    I think you pretty much win!! Sound fascinating and really like that you do something so creative and that you have so much passion for. Infinity wars and endgame are just amazing movies, have sort of ruined the MCU a bit for me as none of their output has come close since (imo)

If this isn’t your main interest what is?

Quote Originally Posted by Mick P View Post
    I got to ask why is meeting a well known person a claim to fame. Hundreds of people must meet them every week.
    I and I believe most others interpreted the thread as a fun and tenuous claim to fame. I seriously doubt anybody would believe such fleeting experiences would lead to actual or deserved fame.
    Last edited by Halitosis; 15th August 2022 at 19:33.

I think most people take this thread for what it is. A bit of fun on a watch forum on the Internet. It really is insignificant in the real world. Some people really do think they're making a difference or changing political minds here. They're not. Its just an opportunity to feel important in their mundane lives.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon Kenney View Post
    Mickey boy is that you? lol

Master
    Wow! You have been a massive inspiration to my eldest boy!

He love’s everything iron man, he illustrates his own Iron man comic’s with his own story lines. .

He has art in his blood with great grandfather, grandfather and mum all being artists.

Thanks

As in designed their look in the movies. I originally illustrated a comic called Iron Man Extremis, which served as an inspiration for all three of the IM movies, and established the overall look. I then worked on the designs of many of the IM, War Machine, Iron Monger, etc. suits over the last 15 years along with the Marvel Visual Development team. I am in the credits usually as a Concept Designer, or something along those lines.

I designed the Black Panther suit in that movie as well, which was also used in Infinity War and Endgame (which I also did a bunch of other designs for).

I tend to do a lot of keyframe illustrations to designs scenes, mostly battle scenes, etc., so half of my job is character design, the other half making scenes look exciting.

I think I've worked on 10 MCU films and three TV shows, but it's not my main interest, it's just what most people recognise the most.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by studly View Post
    I was recently asked this.

Which made me think...

What is my claim to fame?

If any?

My grandfather served with Montgomery in WW2

Does that count?

My ex girlfriend was a dancer in a Prodigy video?

1:13

Does that?

What about going on a two week bender with a Hollywood B celeb? Won't name them though.

I feel I have hardly lived an exciting life, but what about you?

Do you have a claim to fame?

Was she the blonde one? Can you elaborate…

She still crosses my mind who she is etc from a 14 -15 year old lad into prodigy back then . What a tune and video !

You are / were a lucky bloke !

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Rod View Post
    Hardly claims to fame but were for me in a small way...

David Coverdale (Whitesnake) was in my class at school and best mate, We used to train together in athletics, he being a good discus thrower and I was at javelin. Took his 2 Alsation dogs on Saltburn beach a few times. Lost touch when he joined Deep Purple but he came to see me once when he was in Deep Purple.
    Went to see him recently at Newcastle Arena but security was too tight and missed him. If he could have met anyone that night in the audience I would have been the chosen one LOL.

My Dad was friendly with Geoff Boycott and he stayed at our house a couple of times in the late 50's.

Police career...

Waded in to some Skinheads once and pulled a lad out damaging railway property.... turned out to be the UK's most wanted football hooligan. I was commended and rewarded by the British Transport Police and a commendation from my own Chief Constable.

Went on the World's longest overland expedition (Comex) as a winner of best Police Cadet for 3 years running.

Later career in audio.....

Some notable clients ... Sacha Distel, Peter Sallis, Dirty Den off East Enders, Ellery Hanley (Rugby), Crown Prince Pavlos of Greece. Steve Gibson (Director Middlesbrough FC).

Asked to go to Abbey Rd Studio 2 to evaluate some speakers. John Williams (Classical guitar) was there and asked me to advise him on speakers for his own studio. Advised Steve Hackett (ex Genesis) too on home & studio speakers.

Invited to go to the 2012 Prog Rock Awards and met loads of giants of rock, too many to mention.
    Ever met Rush ??? If you have my claim would be - on a forum with a guy who has met Rush !!! . (Pathetic I know - such a fanboy !)