closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: New C Ward 36mm Sealander

New C Ward 36mm Sealander

Just received an email about the new 36mm models in various colours and strap options. The 39mm version was a beautifully executed watch and I think this smaller case will be spot on for many. And….and….it has the new logo!

https://www.christopherward.com/spor...-S00K0-B0.html

"A 36mm case that’s perfect for those of any gender who want to be up with the trend of smaller case sizes.

And its size means it’s perfect for those who dare to wear their watch smaller."

Oh ffs!

Lovely watch btw

Ciao from your genderless daredevil

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

Yeah had the same email and just been looking at these. I had the white 39mm version and it was a lot of watch for the money, but probably slightly on the big side. These will be a hit I think, I’ve been wanting to get a Sinn 556a or 556i but they aren’t available because of Sinns production issues and I think a black 36mm Sealander is a really good alternative. Like that they’ve got the new logo too.

The red, yellow, green and turquoise models are a limited edition of 200 each, black and white are not LE.

I’d buy one but, you know, energy prices and all that.

Master
    I think its a very nice looking watch and will no doubt be a good seller for them. he 36mm space has a lot more offerings than it did a few years ago. At £770 its more than double the Everest which shows what great value Eddies watches are.

Master
    Nice watch.

Craftsman
    Had a Sealander GMT and was incredibly impressed by the quality of the watch for the money. Glad they’ve finally got the logo and it’s placement right. If I didn’t have my 36mm Explorer, I’d pick one of these up for sure.

Do they offer it without a date?

Craftsman
    First CW release I've liked in ages very impressed with this my picks the green or black

does look nice but i much prefer the clean design of prs-29a

Journeyman

Looks good. Nice to see more 36mm watches.

I’ve tried to find the email with the £100 voucher, not sure if that can be used as I can’t ’t find the email.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Mad14; 28th July 2022 at 18:25.

Quote Originally Posted by Mad14 View Post
    Looks good. Nice to see more 36mm watches.

I’ve tried to find the email with the £100 voucher, not sure if that can be used as I can’t ’t find the email.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    There is no current £100 voucher.

If you are interested in the black or white dials, no harm in waiting for the next voucher. Probably due in a couple of weeks.

The four coloured LE versions, at 200 watches per colour, will likely be all sold by the weekend.

Well I thought I had bought myself the perfect combination of watches. I really liked the Sealander for a whole host of reasons, but felt that the 39mm was just a bit big for me. Now I am going to have to sell some of the recent acquisitions to make way for it...

Nobody can whinge about the logo anymore as a reason to not buy.

I have a 38mm Trident Pro 600 diver and a small wrist at 6.5 inches (16.5 cm). On a bracelet I would say a 38mm is just perfect on my wrist as the bracelet bulks it out a little.

But, on a strap I would say the 38mm looks a little small, and my 40mm Trident Pro GMT on a strap suits my wrist size better.

Based on this I would say a 36mm is too small for me, even with my small wrists. If I was inclined I would go with the 39mm version.

I like it in white. Didn’t realise they were doing a while range of colours (like every other brand)

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainRockNRoll View Post
    Do they offer it without a date?
    I looked and did not see one. I guess that saves me from buying one.

I’ve been looking at the images all night. I think it’s absolute perfection. If only I could afford one 😩

Journeyman
    I have the the 39mm green sealander i think the 36mm will be too small for me

All colours with bracelets are now on pre-order so assume the first batch is all sold out.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob s View Post
    I think its a very nice looking watch and will no doubt be a good seller for them. he 36mm space has a lot more offerings than it did a few years ago. At £770 its more than double the Everest which shows what great value Eddies watches are.
    Absolutely this. I'd go for an Everest no question.

Quote Originally Posted by beechcustom View Post
    Absolutely this. I'd go for an Everest no question.
    Smiths is a great watch, but the printed gilt dial and Miyota movement makes it much cheaper to produce than the CW which has much superior (in my opinion) applied indices and a Swiss Sellita movement, making it a designated Swiss watch. Also CW comes with a micro adjustable bracelet.

There may be a difference in taste, but the CW is a superior watch as reflected in the price (and CW price markups are notorious low).

Edit: the CW light catcher case really is lovely. Compare it with the broad thick slab of an unfinessed Tudor case and you will see what I mean.

I am sure that most people who comment on CW watches have not recently handled one.
    Last edited by noTAGlove; 31st July 2022 at 22:02.

I do wish they would scrap the exhibition case back; the SW200-1 is not haute horologie or particularly attractive.
    For that one reason it’s not for me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by adg31 View Post
    I do wish they would scrap the exhibition case back; the SW200-1 is not haute horologie or particularly attractive.

Did you see the display back case on the new watch release GrandSeiko quartz recently. Over £3k and it showed off a silver type Poundland battery.

Buy and omega for £5k and you are still staring at a fully machine made movement.

Folk are far too harsh on £600 watch. You are not buying a Patek. I get a lot of pleasure watching a ETA or Sellita movement whirring away behind a display case back, and it really appeals to buyers on a limited budget like my 21 yo son.

All seem to be sold now, looks like tremendous value. And the new logo is defo a game changer for me!

Sent from my M2101K6G using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by noTAGlove View Post
    Did you see the display back case on the new watch release GrandSeiko quartz recently. Over £3k and it showed off a silver type Poundland battery.

Buy and omega for £5k and you are still staring at a fully machine made movement.

Folk are far too harsh on £600 watch. You are not buying a Patek. I get a lot of pleasure watching a ETA or Sellita movement whirring away behind a display case back, and it really appeals to buyers on a limited budget like my 21 yo son.
    I can’t disagree with you that the battery does rather spoil the looks of the GS given the otherwise nice finishing to the plate.
    The Omega is machine made but there has been some effort gone into making it more aesthetically pleasing - even so I bought the Railmaster instead.
    The SH-21 calibre from CW was nicely finished and I was happy with the exhibition case back on my SH-21 small seconds.
    In this case other than the rotor the standard SW200-1 lacks any decent finishing - and if they had used a solid case back I’m guessing that it would likely have been cheaper than the £770.00 on bracelet.
    However like I said it is my opinion and you are entitled to hold a different one so if it works for you I’m genuinely pleased for both you and your son as CW do make some great watches at fair prices and are a lovely company great to deal with.

Quote Originally Posted by adg31 View Post

All’s fair in matters of taste but this is an odd position. You’d rule out a watch based on the fact that when it’s not on your wrist and you flip it over, you can see the movement?

I agree that exhibition casebacks are overdone and tend to make a watch thicker but at the most, I’d say it would have been better with a closed caseback and shrug.

Craftsman
    I'm impressed with the look of this model. I've never really been drawn by the earlier CW offerings. I'm so pleased that more 36mm watches have become available over the last few years. I think the value is pretty good too.

I don't think comparison with the Everest is a like for like. I'd compare it to the Navigator as it has a similar movement and more work on the case. The Navigators are around £500 on a strap and the CW Sealander £635.00 If a £100 discount code is available as some have said they are very comparable.

I like both very much so Its a fair choice for the buyer IMHO. For me the Black or Green dials look good, though I do keep looking athlete light blue dial too...very odd.

Apprentice
    I think only the Lucerne Blue of the limited edition colours is sold out. The others have sold their first batch but can still be pre-ordered