closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Twickets - Taylor Hawkins Tribute Event

The only town in Britain with Caesar's name

Twickets - Taylor Hawkins Tribute Event

Hi Peeps

A fellow member kindly pointed me in the direction of Twickets for the Taylor Hawkins Tribute Concert in September in the UK as we were unsuccessful in sourcing any when they were released.

All 3 of us have registered, download the app and set up alerts.
    Either we are at the back of que when they send out alerts (pop ups or emails) as we are never able to purchase any that appear.

The pop up’s don’t take you to any tickets and even refreshing the actual webpage fail to bring them up, but when the email eventually arrives after the popups, the tickets are either sold or someone else is currently purchasing them?

I can’t spend a grand or so on tickets as these are the ones that tend to stay a short while and are available when we eventually receive the email.

Am I missing a trick and is there a better way to purchase/find ticket as it’s mad frantic panic in my household when the pop up appears with everyone jumping around on their phone and tablets which is a little comical to be fair.

Thanks

B

You paint an entertaining scene...

I've never used the pop-ups feature and just rely on email alerts so haven't experienced the issue with the links not working. I wonder whether there is some sort of delay between the emails being sent out and arriving at your devices - mine seem to ping in quickly after the tickets are released and I've been quite successful (although not for anything in this for popularity). I did set up an alert for the Taylor Hawkins Tribute gig and had been receiving regular emails with the tickets at varying price-points seemingly available when I clicked the link, so had hoped that you had been successful.

I like Twickets because of the non-profiteering angle and I don't know of any other platforms that don't fleece you but there might be some fan groups out there on social media.
    Don't just do something, sit there. - TNH

I found the same issue with the app. It’s a bit useless.

Stick to the desktop website and you may be more successful.

Also if you’re receiving the email on your phone or tablet, rather than a desktop computer, check that whichever account is receiving the email notification has the email settings set to check for new emails frequently, like every 1 minute. Some of them can be set to only check every 5 or 10 minutes…..

Good luck!

I suspect that for this one there are a lot of touts with alerts set up, knowing that they will be able to shift them at a tidy profit via other reselling sites. I've had tickets come up occasionally when I've clicked the email alert link, but only the £500+ premium ones seem to last for any length of time, the £85 tickets go in seconds.

I've only used the Twickets website rather than the app. so that's appreciated info mr n.

Thanks, I’m glad it’s not just me.

I’ve even changed my email address with one that starts with a letter “A” in the hope that they send the notifications out in alphabetical ordered, but alas they don’t.

The hunt continues

B

Another Twickets success story here, so I think it's just down to the demand for this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Curta View Post
    Another Twickets success story here, so I think it's just down to the demand for this one.
    Yeah, I suspect your right. Will just have to keep chipping away.

B

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Curta View Post
    This was me. I had the exact same problem as the OP, getting alerts then by the time I tried to purchase the tickets were unavailable as another member was trying to purchase.

In the end I refreshed trying to buy the same tickets for about 10mins then was able to purchase, clearly the first person didn’t compete the sales process on time. I suspect this will happen a lot, as for mega popular events it’s “fastest fingers first” and folk will try to buy tickets before realizing its not the price/location they are looking for.

Best of luck with your search

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Gordon76 View Post
    This was me. I had the exact same problem as the OP, getting alerts then by the time I tried to purchase the tickets were unavailable as another member was trying to purchase.

In the end I refreshed trying to buy the same tickets for about 10mins then was able to purchase, clearly the first person didn’t compete the sales process on time. I suspect this will happen a lot, as for mega popular events it’s “fastest fingers first” and folk will try to buy tickets before realizing its not the price/location they are looking for.

Best of luck with your search

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanks for the tip, glad that it worked therefore it gives us some hope that it’s not pointless.

B