closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Triple time zone GMT for less than £1K?

Triple time zone GMT for less than £1K?

I've been looking for a GMT that can track three time zones for work, I haven't had any luck so far. I thought I'd ask before I gave up, bought a new Seiko 5 GMT and replace the chapter ring or a Citizen BJ7111-86L as my backup option and maybe try to track down a 24 HR Bezel insert that will fit.

There seem to be two dominant styles, one using the chapter ring and others using a 24HR dial in the centre, but all out of my price range:

Last edited by Kitsan; 24th July 2022 at 13:59.

Craftsman
    Steinhart GMT?

Sent from my M2101K6G using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by toptime View Post
    Steinhart GMT?

Looking at my 500 premium. that's a no unfortunately. The rehaut is a 60 minute track, the bezel is the 24hr scale. You can move the bezel to use as a third time zone, but will have to visualise the second time zone using the hour plots.

Quote Originally Posted by toptime View Post
    Steinhart GMT?

There are a few Steinhart GMT but all that i've seen track two, one using the standard hands and another using the bezel?

Quote Originally Posted by Beanie View Post
    Looking at my 500 premium. that's a no unfortunately. The rehaut is a 60 minute track, the bezel is the 24hr scale. You can move the bezel to use as a third time zone, but will have to visualise the second time zone using the hour plots.
    This is what I thought, I had to go back and look at the Steinhart range to check.

Craftsman
    I thought the fact that the bezel rotates gives you the third - maybe I'm wrong?

the seiko 5 has gmt in 2 hour intervals on the rehaut - so not sure what needs to change ???

Quote Originally Posted by bigbaddes View Post
    the seiko 5 has gmt in 2 hour intervals on the rehaut - so not sure what needs to change ???
    I'm just not a huge fan of the Seiko 5 GMT aesthetics

Only 3? Are you some kind of lightweight?

Quote Originally Posted by earlofsodbury View Post
    Only 3? Are you some kind of lightweight?
    I think three is the limit before the dial starts to resemble a tropical disease!

Any gmt with a 24h rotating bezel will give you 3 time zones
    12h hand
    24h hand
    Adjusted bezel

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by bubi View Post
    12h hand
    24h hand
    Adjusted bezel

Perhaps there's some confusion, I was looking for suggestions on models rather than how to read three time zones?

Master
    Baltic Aquascaphe? Less than £800.

Sent from my SM-A202F using TZ-UK mobile app

Craftsman
    You're looking for an ETA-2893 - have a look down the list here and see if anything works:

https://watchbase.com/eta/caliber/2893-2

I think it's used by a lot of microbrands as well, Zelos Horizons off the top of my head.

Alternatively, you could try a worldtimer? Budget is tricky but I think Tissot have one.

Quote Originally Posted by Lusty View Post
    You're looking for an ETA-2893 - have a look down the list here and see if anything works:

https://watchbase.com/eta/caliber/2893-2

I think it's used by a lot of microbrands as well, Zelos Horizons off the top of my head.

Alternatively, you could try a worldtimer? Budget is tricky but I think Tissot have one.
    That's perfect, exactly what I was looking for!

Any Glycine Airman.

Something like this:

Last edited by Onelasttime; 24th July 2022 at 21:29.

Just get the Seiko. You don't need to change the chapter ring. Then pocket the change.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitsan View Post
    There are a few Steinhart GMT but all that i've seen track two, one using the standard hands and another using the bezel?
    Quote Originally Posted by bubi View Post
    12h hand
    24h hand
    Adjusted bezel

Perhaps there's some confusion, I was looking for suggestions on models rather than how to read three time zones?
    This one should suit. You can get it from https://www.gnomonwatches.com/produc...2?currency=GBP. Well within budget.

When I was gainfully employed I used my “true” GMT to track three office times. If the bezel only clicks 60 times you can only track whole hours but a 120 click bezel allows 1/2h increments.

Good luck with your hunt

Have you looked at the ultimate? A world timer - such as this:

https://www.chrono24.com/christopher...id23276298.htm
    Last edited by MartynJC (UK); 25th July 2022 at 07:58.
    “ Ford... you're turning into a penguin. Stop it.” HHGTTG

Hmmm, some contradiction here. As others have said, the chapter ring / rehaut markings aren’t strictly necessary for a 3rd time zone.

There are dozens of options in the price range. Perhaps narrow down what you’re after to help with suggestions, what is it about the seiko 5 you don’t like?

Been wearing my Seiko GMT for a few days, only bought it for an upcoming holiday but think it might get a bit more wear than expected.

Paid £305 less another £20 once Amex PayPal offer pays out.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk
    Last edited by welshmatt; 25th July 2022 at 11:40.

Quote Originally Posted by welshmatt View Post
    Been wearing my Seiko GMT for a few days, only bought it for an upcoming holiday but think it might get a bit more wear than expected.

Paid £305 less another £20 once Amex PayPal offer pays out.
    That's more like it! I'm comfortable spending £285, can I ask where you purchased it as I've only seen it for sale at £400?

Quote Originally Posted by Idontgram View Post
    Hmmm, some contradiction here. As others have said, the chapter ring / rehaut markings aren’t strictly necessary for a 3rd time zone.

There are dozens of options in the price range. Perhaps narrow down what you’re after to help with suggestions, what is it about the seiko 5 you don’t like?
    I'm looking for a GMT that does have chapter ring / rehaut markings, as per my OP and for the reason Beanie pointed out earlier.

I think it's mostly the price with the Seiko, as they've got a history of releasing high and discounting. Also, quality control isn't the best, in comparison to Steinhart at the same price for example.

I don't aesthetically like the bezel insert and chapter ring but I must say the photos posted here have swayed me a lot. I think I was turned off by the orange variant.

Quote Originally Posted by MartynJC (UK) View Post
    This one should suit. You can get it from. Well within budget.

When I was gainfully employed I used my “true” GMT to track three office times. If the bezel only clicks 60 times you can only track whole hours but a 120 click bezel allows 1/2h increments.

Good luck with your hunt

Have you looked at the ultimate? A world timer - such as this:
    That's a really good point regarding the 120-click bezel, I hadn't considered this.

I'll give some thought to a world timer too.

I do really like Steinhart and particularly the "Steve McQueen" GMT homage though.

Quote Originally Posted by Man of Kent View Post
    Just get the Seiko. You don't need to change the chapter ring. Then pocket the change.
    If I can get one for circa £285 as per welshmatt, I think it's too much value to pass.

Quote Originally Posted by Onelasttime View Post
    Any Glycine Airman.

Something like this:
    This ticks all the boxes, going on the list

I bought it from here but looks like it's out of stock now. A 5% code popped up which took it down to £302.

https://www.faithjewellers.co.uk//wa...-p30359/s34761

Quote Originally Posted by welshmatt View Post
    I bought it from here but looks like it's out of stock now. A 5% code popped up which took it down to £302.

https://www.faithjewellers.co.uk//wa...-p30359/s34761

Thanks, i'll give them a call tomorrow. Hopefully, they won't put them back up for £400 like everyone else!

I picked this up last year for £633, but it was 40% off in the sale. Ceramic lumed bezel too.

Quote Originally Posted by noTAGlove View Post
    I picked this up last year for £633, but it was 40% off in the sale. Ceramic lumed bezel too.

Difficult to know what that is? Looks a bit CW.

Quote Originally Posted by noTAGlove View Post

I can't see much?

Quote Originally Posted by Onelasttime View Post
    Difficult to know what that is? Looks a bit CW.
    Correct. The hands obscure the photo, but the trident gives it away.

C60 Trident Pro 600 GMT.

Ceramic and lumed bezel, swiss movement, adjustable bracelet, 600m WR and sapphire. Gets more wrist time than my subC.

Belter of a watch for the price, but the majority don’t look past the logo.

Triple time zone GMT for less than £1K?

I can't see much?
    Seems like you are after an office rather than travellers GMT. If so, take a look at the CW Sealander GMT or CW Aquitaine GMT. £100 off advertised prices with ongoing voucher. 60 day free return and 60 month warranty.

https://www.christopherward.com/spor...SAAEgJPHPD_BwE

https://www.christopherward.com/retr...-S0KK0-B0.html