closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Trusted vintage Rolex dealers

Trusted vintage Rolex dealers

I've been searching but I can't seem to find a list of TZ trusted vintage watch dealers.

I know of Mike Wood, Haywood, and Marc J but is there a universal list anywhere? Mike has some great looking watches but not many, Haywood seems to gobble them up and not resell, Marc has some good stock too. I don't think Jedly sells over here?

Anyone obvious that I'm missing out? Jason at Sweepinghand?

Currently weighing 5513 Vs 1665 with pref for 1665.

Thanks

I’ve bought and sold with Jason at Sweepinghand, he’s great to deal with and has some excellent watches.

I'be bought three superb watches from Jason. Marc is up there (and I've bought from him) too.

Master

Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    I've been searching but I can't seem to find a list of TZ trusted vintage watch dealers.

I know of Mike Wood, Haywood, and Marc J but is there a universal list anywhere? Mike has some great looking watches but not many, Haywood seems to gobble them up and not resell, Marc has some good stock too. I don't think Jedly sells over here?

Anyone obvious that I'm missing out? Jason at Sweepinghand?

Currently weighing 5513 Vs 1665 with pref for 1665.

Thanks
    Nice pieces:)
    Aren’t these all 40mm watches with a lug to lug of 47mm ish . Good to see that you have had a change of heart with sizing . About the same size as a BB58 so very wearable everyday

Thanks guys. I'm positive 4 and 5 digits are still too small for me but I'm frozen out from the AD and I won't pay the grey rate for in production watches.

Unfortunately I have a type and vintage is a minefield so I very much need to buy the seller and want some more websites to add to the stalk list.

Craftsman
    Hiya
    I’ve bought from Oakleigh watches are he is sound guy. He’s on Chrono and his own website. In terms of comparison the 1665 is much taller than the 5513/1680 and similar in diameter to the 16600.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Journeyman
    I use The Vintage Watch Lad, he’s excellent. Got me a Metres First 5513, from 1971 (full set), and a 1965 Ed White. Really good service and he took best part of an hour to explain all the things you need to look for, to spot replacement parts, reluming etc. Highly Recommend if you’re based in London.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Come on Subdial. There is no need to pixelate bracelet and end link references or clasp codes.

There used to be a list on TRF, all those mentioned where on it, plus the guy who used to run Miltons in SF and others inc Bobs watches, Exotic Watches in Madrid and Andrew Shar (I think that’s his name) were all trusted sellers. Obviously overseas purchases carry the 20% sting, but if they have the right watch.

I would PM Dirk on here (noiseboy) - he has an incredible collection and drip feeds stuff out. The 1665 he listed several months ago was an absolute stunner.

Stay away from Chrono24 and the likes unless you know the seller and trust them.

Master
    Thanks guys. I'm positive 4 and 5 digits are still too small for me but I'm frozen out from the AD and I won't pay the grey rate for in production watches.

Unfortunately I have a type and vintage is a minefield so I very much need to buy the seller and want some more websites to add to the stalk list.
    Yes buying vintage is risky. I bought a 1655 Explorer11 and I had to gen up like mad but even when you have one in your hand you still are uncertain about it, so yes it's a risk and that is why I have it in for a service the same day as I buy it. So your approach about buying from a trusted seller is certainly the right one.

However I think you are winding yourself up about them being too small. They are nearly all 40mm dia and the proportions are much butter than the current stuff.

Just buy one, you won't lose out on it.

Master
    I’ve bought and sold through Jason as well, he was great to deal with.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallasey Runner View Post
    There used to be a list on TRF, all those mentioned where on it, plus the guy who used to run Miltons in SF and others inc Bobs watches, Exotic Watches in Madrid and Andrew Shar (I think that’s his name) were all trusted sellers. Obviously overseas purchases carry the 20% sting, but if they have the right watch.

I would PM Dirk on here (noiseboy) - he has an incredible collection and drip feeds stuff out. The 1665 he listed several months ago was an absolute stunner.

Stay away from Chrono24 and the likes unless you know the seller and trust them.
    Exotic watches has had a bit of bad press over the last while.
    There was an issue that was highlighted on a couple of forums and it threw up another couple of guys saying they had a poor experience
    That's a few incidents now so I wouldn't be recommending him.

Quote Originally Posted by Hood View Post
    Exotic watches has had a bit of bad press over the last while.
    There was an issue that was highlighted on a couple of forums and it threw up another couple of guys saying they had a poor experience
    That's a few incidents now so I wouldn't be recommending him.
    Good job I got shut of the 5512 then

To be fair, I bought that 5 years ago and they were highly thought of at that time. I remember you having issues with them.

Any thoughts on watches.co.uk being trusted/reputable for 4 digit Rolex?

I remember a very nice 5513 going on SC about 2 years back which was bought from them.

The curse of consolidating for something only to realise you should have stuck with what you had.

Any thoughts on watches.co.uk being trusted/reputable for 4 digit Rolex?

I remember a very nice 5513 going on SC about 2 years back which was bought from them.

The curse of consolidating for something only to realise you should have stuck with what you had.
    John & Tim assisted by the wonderful Dee

great people think they have my old 1665 for sale

Quote Originally Posted by TKH View Post
    John & Tim assisted by the wonderful Dee

great people think they have my old 1665 for sale
    Thank you. Will add their site to the rounds when I’m window shopping.

Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    I'be bought three superb watches from Jason. Marc is up there (and I've bought from him) too.
    Agree with this. Have purchased (and sold) through these guys and no issues recommending them at all. Both of them have great knowledge and watches!

Sorry to pop up again but window shopping and keep seeing Fathom Watches pop up. Any experience? Cant recall ever seeing them before.

https://fathom-watches.com/

Craftsman
    Sorry to pop up again but window shopping and keep seeing Fathom Watches pop up. Any experience? Cant recall ever seeing them before.

https://fathom-watches.com/
    Pretty sure Fathom Watches used to be The Vintage Watch Lad.

Quote Originally Posted by Wallasey Runner View Post

I may have my wires crossed but I'm sure I read a post a while back that Dick (noiseboyuk) had sadly passed away.

Quote Originally Posted by jeff View Post
    I may have my wires crossed but I'm sure I read a post a while back that Dick (noiseboyuk) had sadly passed away.
    You are correct Jeff, sadly Dick passed in late 2022.
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

Thanks Chris, and apologies OP for the diversion.

Quote Originally Posted by Joppers View Post
    Pretty sure Fathom Watches used to be The Vintage Watch Lad.
    Thanks. Thought the photos style looked familiar

Watches of Distinction sometimes have a good vintage for sale and they seem to know their stuff.

Have a look at Stephen Hale.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Thanks. Thought the photos style looked familiar
    Have just dealt with Stef a couple of times and highly recommend him

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk