closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: BEWARE

BEWARE

got a new PRX 30% off the list price and it came with Tissot paper bag, box and booklet and an unstamped warranty card ...till I found that it ran rather slow, I tried to figure out how to adjust it by checking the office web site, then clearly it is a NO real.

With some back and forth bargains, the seller finally agreed to my offer of refunding 94% of the sum I paid. He said he got 6 from Singapore and he himself is one of the victims as well...

I think those accessories are all real except the watch itself.

Beware even when you buy used online.

Last edited by seikomatic; 20th July 2022 at 02:37.

Where did you buy it from? Very sneaky of the seller!

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    The accessories definitely won't be real, counterfeiting is massive business and now includes bags, boxes...the works. Sorry to say but the poor victim you bought this from knew exactly what he was doing which is why he bought half a dozen of them from Singapore (or is too stupid to be trusted with the Internet - I'd gamble on the former). Ebay is packed with amateur sellers knocking out blatant fakes from wish.com and similar, it's become worse than I've ever known it. Buyer beware indeed.

94% refund?? I'd have taken a full refund PLUS post fees and even then he'd have to make a pretty sincere apology to escape with his feedback intact. Keep an eye on his account (or link it here). I bet they are back up for sale within a fortnight.
    Last edited by kevkojak; 18th July 2022 at 08:26.

Did you have to pay for postage when you bought it, and did you have to send the fake watch back to the seller?
    You shouldn't have had to accept an offer below 100% refund in any case, but especially so if the answer to either of the above questions is yes.
    If we're being charitable and so accept the seller bought them in good faith that's still his problem and not yours. As Kevkojak said above, see if he's still selling/relisting them. If so, definitely a wrong 'un.

Feedback and claiming for postage is only available on certain sales platforms. OP doesn't say where he got it from.

A timely warning, though.

Quote Originally Posted by blackal View Post
    Feedback and claiming for postage is only available on certain sales platforms. OP doesn't say where he got it from.

A timely warning, though.
    True, I assumed ebay.
    Still bad form on behalf of the seller. Even if he was duped himself, its his moral responsibility especially as he bought six of them with the intention of making a profit.

I guess 96% back is better than totally being ripped off, but you were still done. If that guy bought 6, he knew exactly what he was doing and will still probably be trying to pass them off as real to other unsuspecting people. Not saying you do but it would be naive to think he's a victim.

Indeed - Bought 6? BS of the highest order.

Tissots have been faked for a long while - Apparently the PRC200 is/was another popular target.

M
    Breitling Cosmonaute 809 - What's not to like?

Actually we met and traded as we're working at the same district, so no postage nor handlings.

Once I discovered issue with the movement, I did whatsapp the seller and he didn't reply..days after days I tried to reach out for the seller but in vain. I did offer to top up some money if he could get me a real one but nothing happened.

The tuning point was when I saw an ad in local Carousell that was not to sell anything but warning others that there are fake PRX out there with pic of a report to the local police. I then whatsapped the seller again, saying that I might report his number to the police as well. He did reply this time saying that he was a victim himself. I later suggested for a refund of 94% as an incentive for him to meet me and get back the watch. He could have blocked my number and got away..but apparently I am lucky this time.

The seller's accounts had been removed from Carousell, while he did apologize to me.
    Last edited by seikomatic; 19th July 2022 at 02:28.

Quote Originally Posted by Aramis9 View Post
    Why would he want the watch back when he knows it's a fake?
    Probably to sell again, given that he had to refund the OP (and avoid report to police)

Why would he want the watch back when he knows it's a fake?
    I told him that creditability or a clean record is more important than money..he might want to clear everything once for all, or he might think that later I could try to "blackmail" him again if I have had the watch (evidence) in hand.

I did check my purse, count the notes and ensure that they are real...TWICE.
    Last edited by seikomatic; 18th July 2022 at 10:25.

another suggestion from me was to let him retain 40GBP and I would keep the fake..

Quote Originally Posted by kevkojak View Post
    ... out blatant fakes from wish.com...
    wish.com is banned in France and blocked from appearing on search engines (by court order following a filing by the government department responsible for the repression of fraud).

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by seikomatic View Post
    another suggestion from me was to let him retain 40GBP and I would keep the fake..

You're a naughty one

Think that might tell you what the fake is costing him!

Quote Originally Posted by vulcangascompany View Post
    Think that might tell you what the fake is costing him!
    It was the buyer that suggested this not the seller.

Thread is strange, I’d have demanded all my money back, none of this 94%, here keep £40 nonsense.

To the OP, the guy was trying to do you over, the lack of comms until you found another comms channel shows the seller for what he is and how he should have been treated.

BEWARE

Can’t really see what the tells are that have been circled in most of the pictures. I own a quartz PRX so can’t compare the movement obviously but nothing else screams fake to me - although there’s no picture of the dial or case. Frightening how good fakes are getting - personally I wouldn’t buy a half decent watch/spend half decent money anywhere except in a bricks and mortar store nowadays. It also illustrates how cheap it is to produce something that at least looks pretty decent quality and close to the original for what’s probably far below the rrp - and that’s considering the PRX in all guises seems to be rated as about the best bang for your buck for a Swiss watch in 2022

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ps victim my a**e!

Blog Entries
    Who / what platform was the seller - please share OP. Maybe I missed it in the details. Thanks.
    “ Ford... you're turning into a penguin. Stop it.” HHGTTG

Why would you want to keep a fake?

Craftsman
    Thanks for the heads up OP. It’s crazy and to a point impressive what can be faked these days. With the advancements in technology and the ability to print near enough anything, I believe exact replicas could be built of most things. Cars, watches, jewellery, food etc etc

Due diligence is key when buying anything, and if its cheap or sounds too good, there’s a reason. I try to keep my hands in my pockets, its safer for me :)

I did offer to top up some money if he could get me a real one but nothing happened.
    You were going to give the scammer more of your money?

I think you're fortunate to walk away with most of your money back. The seller 100% knew what they were doing.
    Last edited by M1011; 18th July 2022 at 18:26.

Quote Originally Posted by RobDad View Post
    Can’t really see what the tells are that have been circled in most of the pictures. I own a quartz PRX so can’t compare the movement obviously but nothing else screams fake to me - although there’s no picture of the dial or case. Frightening how good fakes are getting - personally I wouldn’t buy a half decent watch/spend half decent money anywhere except in a bricks and mortar store nowadays. It also illustrates how cheap it is to produce something that at least looks pretty decent quality and close to the original for what’s probably far below the rrp - and that’s considering the PRX in all guises seems to be rated as about the best bang for your buck for a Swiss watch in 2022

Half the pictures are of the fake, the other half are of the real deal. So you're looking for the differences between the two pictures of the rotor, balance spring and clasp, rather than an issue in each picture.

Quote Originally Posted by MartynJC (UK) View Post
    Who / what platform was the seller - please share OP. Maybe I missed it in the details. Thanks.
    "Carousell", whatever that is?

It even sounds dodgy, which would be enough for me in itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Christian View Post
    Why would you want to keep a fake?
    40GBP for that kind of quality I can get someone to tune it and hope that it could keep time.....anyway happy to return it and will I buy a real one..might be some day but not that eager now.

Yahoo had discontinued their auction site here for more than 10 years and strangely it is still very very successful in Japan. Then it came a new player Carousell, a company likely from Singapore. However, their search engine is still decade behind.
    Last edited by seikomatic; 19th July 2022 at 02:29.

Quote Originally Posted by M1011 View Post
    Half the pictures are of the fake, the other half are of the real deal. So you're looking for the differences between the two pictures of the rotor, balance spring and clasp, rather than an issue in each picture.
    Apologies for being so thick! The heat must be getting to me!

40GBP for that kind of quality I can get someone to tune it and hope that it could keep time.....anyway happy to return it and will I buy a real one..might be some day but not that eager now.
    I can't see the appeal of owning any counterfeit, even if it functions well.

Master
    I'd have walked with him to the nearest bridge and have him watch me throw it into the river.
    Maybe the OP isn’t as tough as you. Or there wasn’t a bridge close by….

Grand Master
    Only need to look at the balance and regulator to tell it's not correct, that's one virtue of the glass back!

The seller deserves zero sympathy, he bought a job lot of fakes and he's tried to sell them on a genuine.

The OP (buyer) needs to learn a hard lesson from this episode, buying bargains from overseas sellers often ends badly.

I took a pic from a forum and used it to compare with the fake one, then received a complaint from the owner, so I have to rearrange the pic